XIM Community

XIM3 on Killzone 3?  (Read 4740 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
XIM3 on Killzone 3?
« on: 11:05 PM - 02/26/11 »
I was hoping by now one of the more experienced people with XIM would have found a setup that works for KZ3 but I haven't seen anything posted yet. 

It seems to me that the Halo Smart Translators work best for it, but they're obviously not perfect.  If anyone out there is using something that is perfect --or close to it-- please post it!

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Re: XIM3 on Killzone 3?
« Reply #1 on: 07:49 AM - 02/27/11 »
I'd like to know if anyone on XIM3 has come up with a modification of the Halo config to make it work for KZ3. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Lunchbox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:51 AM - 02/27/11 »
I got one its not the greatest but to me its very playable. Please post your configs here and include the mouse and the dpi your using.

Mouse: G5 2000dpi
Pri Sen    40.15  (still adjusting from time to time)
Sec Sen   40.75  (still adjusting)
Acel         -0.15
smart Translator : MW2(V2)

Working on a vehilce config as well for campaign. Right now i am gona try other smart configs see how they work. Call of duty(smart) prolly works best since they tried to get close to but not mirror it.

Offline inc77

• View Profile
    • the inc Blog
« Reply #3 on: 11:57 AM - 02/27/11 »
I got one its not the greatest but to me its very playable. Please post your configs here and include the mouse and the dpi your using.

Acel         -0.15

Working on a vehilce config as well for campaign. Right now i am gona try other smart configs see how they work. Call of duty(smart) prolly works best since they tried to get close to but not mirror it.

Im gonna have to try it with COD config... I've been using Halo 3 config... its not bad... but feels floaty

Offline Lunchbox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:06 PM - 02/27/11 »
this game will always have that floaty feeling since

Offline Lunchbox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:51 PM - 02/27/11 »

Acel         -0.15

Im gonna have to try it with COD config... I've been using Halo 3 config... its not bad... but feels floaty

Use halo Reach smart config and negative accle really helps out alot

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:28 PM - 03/01/11 »
Use halo Reach smart config and negative accle really helps out alot

That's what I've been using too, but still trying to get the right feel.

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #7 on: 08:07 PM - 03/01/11 »
how about BFBC2 ST ? try that
soon..

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:13 AM - 03/05/11 »
Any good results yet?  I'm hoping one of the smart's with a tweak or 3 will work.  Please post what you're using and it's comparability to XIM 1/2 on kz2 or let us know how "COD-like" you were able to get things.  I'm probably going to buy in the next week or two, but I'm dying to get away from  COD and want this to work badly. 

RTMoose's xim1 config is what I'm using now on the demo, and while better than the one I came up with for kz2, it's still floaty float float floatstein. 

C'mon folks.  Help a brother out.  Feed me some info!

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:02 AM - 03/22/11 »
UPDATE: I did this with the original BFBC2 smart config, not the new one dropped on 3-22-11.  If you want the new BFBC2 smart as well without losing this config, replace another smart config with the v 2.0 BFBC2 (maybe one of the 17 COD ones out there?)   =)

OK....after two hours, this is what I came up with while using the Killzone 3 single player demo tonight.  I farted around with the Halo config a bit, but ultimately I think the BFBC2 smart config is easily the best one to modify.  Here's my breakdown, which I think -- while not COD responsive-- is @#$% good considering all the funky accleration and so forth that comes with the title.   I was tearing it up by the end of the night.  Of course, feel free to modify as you see fit. 

MX518 - 1800 dpi mouse
Max in game sensitivity on both X and Y in the Killzone 3 settings

Clone the BFBC2 smart (first version -- NOT the updated one!) and change the name to Killzone 3, of course!

Sensitivity:  30.50 / 34.00
Acceleration:  -0.15

Remember when binding buttons, if you change it to the KZ3 "alt" config, you almost have the same button layout as COD.  I changed my "use" key (B on 360 controller) my side mouse button, and that's used for getting ammo, climbing up walls with friends help, etc.  L2 in this game is your cover mechanic and squat (there is no prone), so map accordingly there as well. 

The cover mechanic is interesting because I like to lean, and it allows that (even though you're exposed a bit if you aren't careful).   I never got a hold of a sniper riflle, so can't comment on how that works with this config.  I'd think it'd work well since I was tracking stuff in the sky with this while ADS without issue.

Hip fire is huge.  I didn't even need to ADS except on truly long range stuff.  And the melee mechanic was pretty sweet to boot.  My favorite had to be the double eye gouge. 

This is 10x better than what we had with XIM1 on Killzone 2, so I'm a definite buy now.  I can't wait to try this online once I buy the game.  Lemme know what you think!
« Last Edit: 09:06 AM - 03/22/11 by mindworm22 »

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:24 AM - 03/29/11 »
I'm going to update to the new firmware this week and create a new / updated KZ3 for all.  I also received the OK to put PS3 configs up on the Online Profile Manager, so look for things there soon!

Offline mkivsuptt

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jojo Jojovich
  • PSN ID: Jojo_Jojovich
« Reply #11 on: 07:11 PM - 04/02/11 »
I'm going to update to the new firmware this week and create a new / updated KZ3 for all.  I also received the OK to put PS3 configs up on the Online Profile Manager, so look for things there soon!

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Offline wyld3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wyld3 KNFr
  • PSN ID: Wyld3_KNFr
« Reply #12 on: 09:29 AM - 04/18/11 »
any news on KZ3 configs?