XIM Community

First toutch with Xim 360  (Read 2676 times)

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ipn0tico
First toutch with Xim 360
« on: 05:17 AM - 09/17/08 »
Hi

Yesterday when I arrive home I see a new package from US on top of my computer keyboard (big smile). After the first inspection I find a USB cable and one news paper sheet teared apart, look to the package again with the hope that XIM is there, but it was not :(
After 10 seconds of panic (lol), I find XIM between the peaces of the news paper sheet (uff), @#$% that thing is really small (32mmX32mm).

Well it was time to assemble it on my controller. About 2 hours later, job successfully completed, after reopen the controller twice, the free space in there is a major pain in the @#$%.

Stress tests ok, passed (did not f**k up, lol)

Default configuration in test on BF:BC (single player), (silence)......(silence)
I can not believe this!?!?!?! @#$% this is better than ........anything?!?!?!?

Well as far as I can tell, for the ones of you that still are using XFPS (TRASH from now on),  this is real domination. After some tweaking things will get even better or worst (lol), but even the worst is beyond the capabilities of the previous TRASH, and this without finding the dead zone, etc.
For the ones that did not buy it, I can only say this "Try to get one ASAP", you do not know what you are missing. There is no words that can describe this device perfectly, this is a try it and never let it go away.

Today (about 20h30GMT), I will try changing the configurations to match my Logitech G15(keyboard) and G9(Laser Mouse) perfectly, and will try to post some pictures of the mess I did inside the controller, tools used and hardware installation.

Thanks Derek and team
J.O.

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
Re: First toutch with Xim 360
« Reply #1 on: 04:14 PM - 09/18/08 »
Hi

Some pictures of tools and XIM install

Tools used

Detail in what can be arranged to gain some space for USB cable
Do not cut too much if you do the same

Size of the iron used

Another view of the Controller cut

XIM connections

I know this looks like live wires but they are not, the wires have transparent isolation (varnish!?!?). What ever, it works good and the wires did not brake on the install operation.

Thanks once again
J.O.
PS: I will try to find a correct configuration for my G9 mouse and post on the correct topic as soon as I get it good. ;)

Offline SUPRARACER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:45 AM - 09/19/08 »
Looks like you did a nice job on the solder.

John

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:29 AM - 09/19/08 »
Nice job. Looks nice.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:21 PM - 09/19/08 »
Hi

Thanks, but I will un-install it this weekend, I really donīt think I did a good job, at least I do not like what I see on my pictures, its too @#$% messy.
It works but its not good for the masterpiece inside (XIM). One friend of mine got me 0.1mm wire so I guess I will remake it from the beginning and post new pictures about it.

Anyway thanks again
Best regards
J.O.

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:14 PM - 09/19/08 »
Hi,

Here it is my new configuration, it is the same XIM. Now I will leave it as it is.
Now I think it is @#$% good.

New Cable configuration

Controller need a Cleaning job

XIM is in the same state

Detail on how to arrange some extra space

Same as above

XIM cleaned, no damage

New cables in the controller

XIM with power connections

XIM placement

Random Soldering (lol)

New power connection

USB installed

Controller closed without a single screw

Same as above, different angle

And yes it works as before ;)

Best regards
J.O.
« Last Edit: 09:22 PM - 09/19/08 by ipn0tic »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 09:51 PM - 09/19/08 »
Wow, absolutely beautiful job on your mod! Clever with the USB cable routing and the tapping of the power right off of the connector. Very very nice!
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ipn0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:44 AM - 09/20/08 »
Thanks

Extra time fix everything, rush is the electronics worst enemy. I was trying to play BFBC but the lag was a pain so I started the disassemble around 00h and finished around 05Am.

Best regards
J.O.

Offline Hyperion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:25 PM - 09/20/08 »
Wow, absolutely beautiful job on your mod! Clever with the USB cable routing and the tapping of the power right off of the connector. Very very nice!

I have to agree with OBsIV.... very smart cabling there, and nice clean install!

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:31 PM - 09/20/08 »
Once it's done and sealed up, can anyone tell the diff? I wish I had more time on my hand I guess, then maybe I would have done that but for now my prototype is sealed and it works fine and I am never opening that thing again. That is unless the controller itself decides to give up the ghost, then I'd rip it apart. That's ok though by time that happens the new Xim 3D will be out. Basically the Xim 3D has headgear that are glasses that calibrate to your pupils center point. Anything you move at the cursor goes there instantly. Then you have your standard halographic keyboard with multi function layout and voice control command module, or the VCCM.

Yes bring it on.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline 1nfinitum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:11 PM - 12/03/08 »
I was sick of my controller not fitting in its shell (well I was just too lazy to route the USB wire properly) so I figured I'd do it all again.  Took me about 2 hours, the cable routing isn't as good as it is in his pics, but it's acceptable.  I also tapped it off of the connector itself (was feeling mighty lazy, and I stared at that connector for a good long time before I started cursing all those pictures I saw routing the cable around to the other side of the controller) which worked perfectly.. :)