XIM Community

Capture Tutrorial.  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Capture Tutrorial.
« Reply #15 on: 05:39 AM - 10/08/10 »
OK i have it, people if you want to share your information about capturing / capture cards / your setup / what you found along the way to make it work best for you.

Drop your post in here somewhere and I'll make the OP into a tutorial.

Question / Request for:
Quote from: TheGroove

Can you please list your setup, cables where you bought them from, how much on average your whole setup cost, anything that makes a difference to your setup? any / everything you can think of.

Just imaging your writing a tutorial for / and how to use the Black Magic intensity pro?
And I'll add it to the OP your name will be at the top of the BMIP tutorial.

And to anyone else that has a different method of capturing please feel free to join in.
If we get more than one tutorial for the same device I'll re scramble the tutorial to include only new / useful information. Meaning if two people are saying the same thing i am not going to list it twice, I'll just add it to the most clear tutorial out of the two and add the different information from the second.

---------

Question: can i turn the OP into a voting poll at anytime? or do i have to start a fresh?

(My reason is this, i am not rich but once we have a tutorial on most of the best products out there for capturing. I will run a poll for users to vote for which tutorial they found the most useful, and whoever wins, I'll send them some money. "not a @#$% load just enough for a few pints, or some crack.."what ever your into really.)

Probally: 10 or 20. (i am offering this so no complaints about the amount.)
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:58 PM - 10/19/10 »
What do you want the poll options to be?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TheGroove

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:52 AM - 10/20/10 »
Can you please list your setup, cables where you bought them from, how much on average your whole setup cost, anything that makes a difference to your setup? any / everything you can think of.

I just saw your post, Publix.  I'll see what I can come up with later today or tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll win the contest!   :)

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05:04 AM - 10/20/10 »

I just saw your post, Publix.  I'll see what I can come up with later today or tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll win the contest!   :)

Just like to add mate there wont be a contest if there is only ONE entry LOL. but yea hopefully you can coax some others to have a go!

Much appreciated mate.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:38 AM - 12/24/10 »
I use the Intensity Pro also, I would recommend not getting one.  The device works great but you are going to need a serious PC to run it.  There is no need for it either.  By the time your video gets to youtube it won't matter what quality the video was. 

I would recommend the Happ or the Shuttle as the best/cost effective method for capturing.   

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #20 on: 02:41 AM - 12/24/10 »
I would recommend the Happ or the Shuttle as the best/cost effective method for capturing.   
Other than one being USB 3.0 and the other hooking up via PCI, there's almost no difference between the BMI Shuttle and BMI Pro.  Also, the Shuttle is more expensive than the Pro. 
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:28 PM - 12/24/10 »
Also, the Shuttle is more expensive than the Pro.

Not when you find out how much you are going to spend to get the Pro to work right, lmao.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:47 PM - 12/26/10 »
Also, the Shuttle is more expensive than the Pro.

Not when you find out how much you are going to spend to get the Pro to work right, lmao.

I didn't spend any extra money getting my bmip working. What did you have to buy?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Supremespeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:44 AM - 02/18/11 »
I bought one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049

Works great for 1080i, heard it doesn't work with the PS3 though, HDCP crap.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #24 on: 11:46 AM - 02/25/11 »
I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro, I then bought a passive hdmi splitter so that I remove all the latency caused by the capturing, this also helps because it removes the requirement for a computer to be on.

Offline Supremespeed

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:14 PM - 02/25/11 »
My setup goes.

Xbox 360 -> Active Powered HDMI Splitter - > TV/Monitor
                                                                   - > PC Capture Card                       

Admin