XIM Community

2 suggestions  (Read 1867 times)

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
  • PHD in Teledildonics (a pioneer in the field)
    • View Profile
2 suggestions
« on: 07:06 AM - 09/15/08 »
Hi I am really lovin my XIM360, but I do have a couple of requests for the software.

1st I would really like a "save as" button, and expanding on this idea, perhaps the ability to open a specific config on startup, other than "default"

2nd the ability to do multiple key bindings, meaning I would like to map one of the controllers buttons to more than 1 key for example right stick=b AND middle mouse=b
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: 2 suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 08:37 AM - 09/15/08 »
2nd the ability to do multiple key bindings, meaning I would like to map one of the controllers buttons to more than 1 key for example right stick=b AND middle mouse=b

Hey there, you can do this by: B=RightStick,MiddleMouse

Thanks for the other suggestion. The configuration tool will save to whatever file was opened, but, I can see a need for "save as" if you are experimenting with many configs.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:38 PM - 09/15/08 »
thank you for the quick reply OBsiv. yeah experimenting with a config and having a dozen versions for 1 game a "save as" would be great

I had no idea you could do comma delineated bindings. this is my first xim (didn't get the xim 1)

all in all it has surpassed all of my expectations (and I am a total skeptic, by nature) you can tell me all day long how great something is, but until I get my hot little hands on it and wring it out  you won't get an endorsement outta me.

I'm SKAG187, and I endorse this product, and approve this post
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:36 PM - 09/15/08 »
Yep, I mentioned this a while ago when I was testing as well. I didn't know if was implemented since I have the prototype which has the old software on it and I cannot flash it either as it fails out (since I don't know what version Derek gave me hah).

Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:12 PM - 09/15/08 »
I must have forgotten to put a comment in the default .XIM file about the comma separated option. I'll do that. Thanks for the feedback.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:32 AM - 09/19/08 »
I must have forgotten to put a comment in the default .XIM file about the comma separated option. I'll do that. Thanks for the feedback.

hey obsiv, since I have the rev a board (the prototype) am I able to use the new software I was going to try but I don't want it to go south on me then stuck with no more xim 360 as that would be very very very bad. I just hear about all the fixes and I am getting jealous :)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:29 PM - 09/19/08 »

and thank you for a truly workable design, I am having more fun with my 360 than the day I got it.

and if you're still using the CCU, then you should check out Tweaks mod thread if you haven't allready
PHD in Teledildonics

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:47 AM - 09/22/08 »
There is an easy way around the save as you know.

Copy the "Default" config and place in your directory (such as copydefault)
Open up Xim
Change your settings
Save.
Close xim
Rename file whatever you want.
Name it something like "Cod4_Main_Rev1B" (for example)
rename the copied file earlier to default
Now click on the "Cod4_Main_Rev1b" file directly and it will open right to Xim 360.

For future configs, use your default file and  just make another copy of it.

I started doing this with the BETA software, I could not do anything like this at all with the prototype software, so now I am very happy.

Which by the way the feel of the new software has made some very noticeable improvements such as more response and snappyness. I plugged an exact config into the new software, (just copied file over to the directory then opened up notepad and added CSV's for multiple buttons)

It was awesome, more responsive and more snappy than ever. Anyway, I like the save as but I don't really need it now since I can just open the file up directly. The beauty is that you can rename a file before you open it up, then click on that file save it and you don't have to change anything as the name is already there, or use the above method. w00t!

Gamertag ii TR00F ii

Offline SKAG187

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:25 PM - 09/22/08 »
I know but it would still be a nice feature, especially for a new guy (like me).
PHD in Teledildonics