XIM Community

GOW2 performance?  (Read 3286 times)

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
GOW2 performance?
« on: 11:00 PM - 09/14/08 »
Hey guys,
Have you seen the Gears of War 2 footage? You see how it runs all smooth at like a constant 45-60 frames? The first one on 720/1080 ran at like 10 fps! IT SUCKS! especially online. You think they fixed the onlien host advantage and lag too? Do you guys think that all those videos are just off the PC Unreal engine or do you think its running on an xbox that well. I think I might need my 120hz upscaler TV to play this one smoothly. Finally, you think the XIM2 will handle it perfectly with GOW1 controls? I have no idea how to configure that crap.

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
Re: GOW2 performance?
« Reply #1 on: 02:00 AM - 09/15/08 »
Dunno but I can't play GOW with a keyboard and mouse, I own both XBOX360 and PC versions. Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty good at GOW with the controller on the XBOX360, can't say so for Halo 3 and COD4 for XBOX360. I guess it's just the way they setup GOW that makes for such good controls on the console. GOW on PC looks 10x better than GOW on XBOX360. I'm expecting GOW2 to be scaled down like GOW. This is the next big game my friend and I are waiting for. The footage looks really nice, I think I downloaded all the videos on Live, I'm thinking the videos are being ran inside the Unreal Engine, there's no way the graphics are going to look that good on a console. I wonder how XIM1 handles MGS4 on PS3 though, I can't aim with PS3 controller :'(
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline locked88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:59 AM - 09/15/08 »
Can you jump...?

Offline MetalSlayerX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:59 AM - 09/15/08 »
If you count pressing 'A' button to jump over obstacles, but as far as regular jumping no. You wouldn't jump very high anyways with that gear on if you had a real jump button.
Play with other XIM users here
http://xim360.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is. It's about respecting the will of others... And believing in your own." -Big Boss

Offline Handicrap

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:51 AM - 09/15/08 »
I've heard from different previews that it is more optimized this time around. I also hated when the frames would drop on certain maps. I think Bullet Marsh is the worst for it.

Offline locked88

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:11 PM - 09/16/08 »
I'll check when I get the game or demo..

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:56 PM - 09/16/08 »
If GOW 2 played at 60fps, I would actually BUY it.  So we will see what happens.  I had GOW 1 and it was horrible with the XFPS and I sucked at it online so I figured I would play the single player game, but then I got the PC version so the 360 version was useless to me so I sold it.  w00t...

You enjoying that game, Woode?  How come you've never posted on the board here?  You read it all the time.  I don't even know what your name is on this board?  Dew?  Woode?  SgtDew? 
And yeah you use my XIM 1 once I get a XIM360.  Feels weird calling it a XIM 360 and calling the first one a XIM 1 for reference.  Makes it sound like there were 358 other XIMs in there somewhere that we all missed out on.  Well nick got the XIM359 I guess with the older flash.  hehe... Ok I'm done with my supermegawesomefreakycool post.  Bye.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:01 PM - 09/21/08 »
Well nick got the XIM359 I guess with the older flash.  hehe... Ok I'm done with my supermegawesomefreakycool post.  Bye.

When I got mine they (Obsiv And Derek) were not even sure what it was going to be called. I did mention Xim360 and they already thought of that when we were talking over *censored* a while back. I got Xim 357 since Derek and Obsiv obviously had it before they brought me on board. Hehe.

Anyway, with my 9800GTX SLI set up, GOw on pC is TeH PwnZzZZz. The single player is awesome, but I won't touch any MP games on PC anymore. Hackers galore, that's why my focus has shifted to around 98% MP and time spent on x360 rather than PC just due to the community and matching. As you know PC matching is a PAIN IN THE @#$% and once you get a group together, it's a hassle getting a match. XFIRE tried to do what XBL does now and it worked pretty good and I used it forever, now online and PC gaming as a whole are going down the toilet due to hacks and everything else. It's really bothered me alot lately since the last 8 years or so I really go into pc gaming, it died off sharply as XBL came online (both xbox and xbox 360) and has been declining ever since.

GOw is fun, I hope GOW2 runs good and is good online, otherwise I have a bottle of urine I am saving for the developers if they screw it up. I also got a spray bottle so I can deliver it to their faces if they screw up. Wow that was alot of randomness, but I am still on topic WOOT!
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:06 AM - 09/22/08 »
I dunno what you guys are on about, GOW runs just fine in 1080p on my xbox.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:11 PM - 09/22/08 »
I dunno what you guys are on about, GOW runs just fine in 1080p on my xbox.

You know its not really 1080p, its just a resolution like 960x480 upscaled or something like that. HD doesnt really slow you down, except for scaling the HUD up. GOW gets the most lag at HD(720P, I dont think it does 1080p). Well, I hope GOW2 runs that smooth, they never did say that was footage off the console. If its not smooth, I always have my 120hz TV that upscales 30 fps to 60 and 60 fps to 120.

Rocksolid83

« Reply #10 on: 09:10 PM - 10/03/08 »
cant wait to try out teh xim 2on it

Offline blash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:23 PM - 11/11/08 »
Well nick got the XIM359 I guess with the older flash.  hehe... Ok I'm done with my supermegawesomefreakycool post.  Bye.

When I got mine they (Obsiv And Derek) were not even sure what it was going to be called. I did mention Xim360 and they already thought of that when we were talking over *censored* a while back. I got Xim 357 since Derek and Obsiv obviously had it before they brought me on board. Hehe.

Anyway, with my 9800GTX SLI set up, GOw on pC is TeH PwnZzZZz. The single player is awesome, but I won't touch any MP games on PC anymore. Hackers galore, that's why my focus has shifted to around 98% MP and time spent on x360 rather than PC just due to the community and matching. As you know PC matching is a PAIN IN THE @#$% and once you get a group together, it's a hassle getting a match. XFIRE tried to do what XBL does now and it worked pretty good and I used it forever, now online and PC gaming as a whole are going down the toilet due to hacks and everything else. It's really bothered me alot lately since the last 8 years or so I really go into pc gaming, it died off sharply as XBL came online (both xbox and xbox 360) and has been declining ever since.

GOw is fun, I hope GOW2 runs good and is good online, otherwise I have a bottle of urine I am saving for the developers if they screw it up. I also got a spray bottle so I can deliver it to their faces if they screw up. Wow that was alot of randomness, but I am still on topic WOOT!

There's hardly anyone playing GoW1 on PC so it's rather irrelevant anyways.

360 Gamertag - WickedPheonix
Proud owner of the one and only glitter-glue XIM2

Offline singularity2030

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:34 PM - 11/11/08 »
So far, I've had zero issues with slowdown.  I've played all game modes and it runs smooth and looks better than ever.  The old GoW maps have been updated to look better than ever also.   As far as controls, they increased the max turn speed thankfully and it now works much better with XIM360.  It's not CoD4 good but its very playable nonetheless.  As far as host having an advantage, it's still true, but I haven't had as much of an issue with it.  I dont know if it's because they did something with the net code or if it's because of the better weapon balancing, but it seems more fair than Gears 1.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:18 AM - 11/19/08 »
There's hardly anyone playing GoW1 on PC so it's rather irrelevant anyways.

The PC version is by miles and away a much much better single player experience. The MP? All but non existent. I really liked the pc version as they added a bunch of stuff to it that wasn't in the 360 version. That was nice.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline x7rEmE

• Lifes A Struggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07:20 AM - 12/14/08 »
I'm thinking of getting gears of war 2, but iunno yet, i'm really loving the cod series and prob will stick to them, may try left 4 day heard its pretty good.
XIM3 Supporter