XIM Community

XFPS with SJF  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Itz MeEe

• View Profile
XFPS with SJF
« on: 02:44 PM - 09/13/08 »
Is this a good combo? the XFPS and smartjoy frag as it will allow the deadzone to be adjusted.. please reply.. how will aiming be with this?

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
Re: XFPS with SJF
« Reply #1 on: 02:50 PM - 09/13/08 »
Why would you ask about SJF + XFPS on the XIM forums?  ;D

Offline Itz MeEe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:52 PM - 09/13/08 »
where else could i ask :D

Offline derektm

• View Profile
    • Derektm.com
« Reply #3 on: 02:57 PM - 09/13/08 »
where else could i ask :D

Well this is the home of the XIM. (Xbox Input Machine) This isn't the smart joy frag forums.

Offline CEOrko

• MVP
  • Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:31 PM - 09/13/08 »
It is my understanding that the XFPS plus SmartJoy Frag's superior deadzone was outdated once the XFPS 3.0 Sniper released. But if you can't wait for a XIM2 and get a XFPS, it's better to put the SJF funds toward a XIM.

Offline xSir Nubx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:29 PM - 09/13/08 »
"where else could i ask"

Sounds like something I would say. I am still stuck on my XFPS(only), getting my XIM1 and XIM2 next week(for xbox and ps3). I'd say you should probably just stick to the XFPS alone or upgrade to an XIM1. An XIM2 is not an option right now due to the supply/demand.

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #6 on: 07:58 PM - 09/13/08 »
It is my understanding that the XFPS plus SmartJoy Frag's superior deadzone was outdated once the XFPS 3.0 Sniper released. But if you can't wait for a XIM2 and get a XFPS, it's better to put the SJF funds toward a XIM.

I have the sniper 3.0 (the green one)... still has deadzone. I'm not sure about the new khaki (diarrhea) one.

Offline OshocKNAweO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:47 PM - 09/17/08 »

I have the sniper 3.0 (the green one)... still has deadzone. I'm not sure about the new khaki (diarrhea) one.

The Khaki one is updated to work with newer controllers I think thats the only difference

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:13 PM - 09/21/08 »
Ahh yes, I was just looking at my XFPS this morning and laughed "You like sitting in that dark box do ya GOOD cuz you aint NEVER coming out again muhahahahhah"

I don't even want to sell it, I just want to punish it until I die. My beloved Xim 360 prototype is still going strong and I will never give that thing up until Xbox 360 is done with. Then of course hopefully, Obsiv will start the XBOX 720 project for the next gen console. Hehe, yes?
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline snooze

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Snooze
« Reply #9 on: 01:05 PM - 09/21/08 »
Ahh yes, I was just looking at my XFPS this morning and laughed "You like sitting in that dark box do ya GOOD cuz you aint NEVER coming out again muhahahahhah"

I don't even want to sell it, I just want to punish it until I die. My beloved Xim 360 prototype is still going strong and I will never give that thing up until Xbox 360 is done with. Then of course hopefully, Obsiv will start the XBOX 720 project for the next gen console. Hehe, yes?
I just sold mine on eBay for $50 bucks.  ;D

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:08 PM - 09/29/08 »

I just sold mine on eBay for $50 bucks.  ;D

Lol. I don't need the money, I just want to let it sit there and suck it. I had to pull it out this weekend when I had a friend who wanted to try it out and see what I was talking about. Up until that point he thought the XFPS was going to OWN. Then after a few minutes he got extremely mad and I started laughing "You thought you were going to OWN did you? HahahhaHAHahHAHahAHHAhAHaaAHAHaahAHHAHahAHAHaAhaAHAHAhAHAhahAHHAhaaH!"

Then I had him try the Xim 1 with XFPS attached, he LOVED that. I let him play with that for about a half hour while I went out and ran some errands.

Then I had him use the Xim 360, he doesn't really understand the technical side of things, but I explained it to him and he was amazed. We played a lan match and I let him use my Xim360, and I used my Xim 1 on a different laptop. He was amazed on how responsive it was. That was Halo 3. Then, I had him use xim 1 on cod4 and he was FLOORED. Then he started noticing the floatyness. This is where I let him use the xim 360, then he noticed the differences between the "feel" of each version.

Soon after that was over, I put the XFPS in a shoebox with some paper around it and said "You thought your freedom was upon you, oh how you were so wrong " and I closed the box and put it away in the closet. Then I thought happy thoughts and I was happy until the end of time the end.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.