XIM Community

Post your XIM3 setup!  (Read 92269 times)

Offline AsiaticDefense

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Asiatic Defense
  • PSN ID: Asiaticdefense22
Re: Post your XIM3 setup!
« Reply #90 on: 10:42 AM - 02/25/11 »
I just ordered my wireless Astro Mixamp 5.8 and I'm now in the market for some premium phones. How do your Beyer's replicate 7.1/5.1 Pro-logic surround sound? I'm using Logitech G35 on the PC in BFBC2 and they sound good but the directional sound is outstanding. Does you setup give you a good distinct sound field? How's the separation between footsteps, explosions and gun fire? With my G35's I can pinpoint an enemy's fire with ease. I'm willing to drop the 3 bills but will it be worth it? Right now, the Sennheiser PC 350 are at the top of my list. What do you do for voice chat having no mic on these Beyer's? Thanks

The PC 350 aren't audiophile headphones. For such a high impedance (150ohm), I would have expected much better quality compared to PC 360 (50ohm), although the PC 360 has better sound drivers (hd595).

The thing about the DT990 is the "fun" factor. An explosion can really be felt. Its not flat like the PC 350/360. Its built like a tank compared to the Sennheiser, which is flexible plastic. The sound positioning is excellent (similar to the PC 360), but provides you a better experience due to the high treble and bass.

There is a reason why all high end headphones are open cans... they provide the deep overall immersion which closed cans cannot. The sound is more "fuller".

The mic is an issue. Right now I am using a wireless mic.... as I wanted to avoid all the static interference and other problems that a wired mic has with the 360 controller (its the controller's fault). I usually chat before the game and in game I don't.

Try this... enter a empty map with a friend and tell him to reload his gun at a distance. You'll be able to hear it and judge where the sound is coming from. How's that for a set of cans?  :)

So these cans in combination with the Astro 5.8 provide adequate simulated 7.1 surround?
Weapons of Mass Destruction:
XIM2
XIM3
XIM4
CHProducts Fighterstick
CHProducts Combatstick
Saitek X65-F
CST Pro Trackball
Panther XL V3 by Steveo
Astro Mixamp 58 Wireless
Beats by Dr. Dre Pros (PC Gaming)
Sennheiser HD 380 Pro (Console Gaming)
XBOX One
Gaming PC w/GTX780 SLI, 4Ghz Quad, 12Gig DDR3

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tw1sted DNA
« Reply #91 on: 11:15 AM - 02/25/11 »
You also need an amplifier (Fiio E9), as Mixamp cannot output such high voltages. Remember high impedance headphones require more voltage whereas low impedance headphones require more current. (remember your physics V=IR  :))

If you get the 32ohm version then mixamp alone will suffice. However, I suggest the 600ohm version. Read up on both of them and see reviews.
Consider the Dt880 if you want more neutral sound.

The difference between 5.1 and 7.1 is questionable, especially over headphones as the driver is too close to the ear to differentiate between 45'o, 0'o and 315'o (on your right ear for example).
« Last Edit: 11:23 AM - 02/25/11 by TwistedDNA »

Offline Gowon

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 02:48 PM - 02/26/11 »
Simple setup, nothing too fancy

Offline phantastic360

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10:47 PM - 03/01/11 »

sorry, havnt gotten the x3 yet, but still hanging there w/ the crappy xfps live

Offline Renegade

• Holy Check!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 12:01 AM - 03/02/11 »
Here's my setup

I love this, extremely sleek and tidy. I'd say this one of my favorites.

Offline jimmy707

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BLAZE XVII
« Reply #95 on: 01:39 AM - 03/02/11 »
Still waiting on the XIM to arrive, (Australia) but I've got the setup ready to go. 50" is just swauve. Anyone who says 6 controllers is too many, is probably right  :o

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #96 on: 09:31 AM - 03/02/11 »
just sell some controllers already! at least 1.. they're like bunnys...
soon..

Offline wetwilly2002

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: sippy cup02
« Reply #97 on: 02:31 PM - 03/02/11 »
Ok finally got my baby home!!! The ViewSonic UltraBrite A90f+ woot! woot!. Nothing better then getting the jump on people around corners.  CRT's FoR LiFe!!!

Offline legendboy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LOVE 1S A F1ST
« Reply #98 on: 05:24 PM - 03/02/11 »

Offline chris408

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DMC chris408
  • PSN ID: DMCchris408
« Reply #99 on: 07:15 PM - 03/02/11 »
i need a bigger desk but my women  says no

Offline sum1shi

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 09:35 PM - 03/02/11 »
Here is my little corner of the house.  Looking for a better coffe table or somthing lil larger too.  My chair sits to where my other half of the couch was.  Problem is I have to move the chair back over to the right if I wan't to use the computer.
« Last Edit: 10:15 PM - 03/02/11 by sum1shi »

Offline BrianDee

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 03:59 PM - 03/06/11 »
A buddy took a pict of me playing.... small desk from IKEA and a G13 with G500 with a rocketfish hard mouse pad.  Love this mouse pad.

IMG_9599 by brian8dee, on Flickr

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #102 on: 04:01 PM - 03/06/11 »
A buddy took a pict of me playing.... small desk from IKEA and a G13 with G500 with a rocketfish hard mouse pad.  Love this mouse pad.

you sir are either young or a midget.  Either way keep rocking.

Offline trenth

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TrentHallmark
« Reply #103 on: 04:43 PM - 03/06/11 »

He's going, OH BOOM NOOB HEADSHOT WHATS UP, WHO CARES IF I'm 11 I'LL BEAT YOU ANYDAY KID. SIT DOWN SIT DOWN OOOOO NOSCOPE YOU GOT OWNED SON YOU GOT OOOOOWNED MOM BRING ME SOME COOKIES IM TO BUSY PWNIN KIDS RIGHT NOW.

OH WAIT WHAT YOU FREKKIN HACKER SCREW YOU IM SICK OF THIS GAME. then he gets put into time out.

Offline Gowon

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 05:33 PM - 03/06/11 »

dang!!