XIM Community

New XIM Pricing  (Read 631 times)

Offline Koolkid909

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xXkool_kid909xX
New XIM Pricing
« on: 11:20 PM - 11/18/22 »
So I saw that you guys were having trouble finding a price point for the new xim product. Why not price high? I might be the only one here but Iíd be willing to pay up to $250 for the new product. I feel like pricing high would help keep product in stock while also maybe helping to then lower price point down in the future because those who bought high help margins out? Basically, the ones who buy high would be the ones to pave the road to a much lower price point because they were able to invest in it at a high price point. This can also help while resources become more readily available and cheaper to produce said product. Maybe allow a pre-order phase to those who are willing to buy high? Get the new xim onto the hands of people who want to buy now no matter the price much earlier than anticipated release date? Something to think about I guess. Let me know want everyone thinks but if I can have the product earlier paying more Iím fine with that. Hell, it doesnít even need to have proper retail packaging lol.

Offline Sohikun

• MVP
  • - I Regret Nothing -
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: 𝙎𝙤𝙝𝙞𝙠𝙪𝙣 行り衛
  • PSN ID: 𝙎𝙤𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙗𝙗𝙖𝙞𝙜
Re: New XIM Pricing
« Reply #1 on: 11:44 PM - 11/18/22 »
I'm pretty sure the price has been decided but not revealed yet and ur desperate like me and everyone else.
I haven't updated the post ..
I feel u !!
We all want the NEW XIM.

$134.99
Problem? The Solution: Technical Support

PS5 & PC | XIM Apex & XIM4 | Mon: Aoc 24G2 | Pad: HyperX Fury S XL | KB: Razer Huntsmen Mini Purple Optical Switches | M: Glorious Model O- | D: 12000 | P: 1000hz | Dual Monitors | A: Astro Mixamp Pro Tr & Hyper X Usb Sound Card | H : Hyper X Cloud Alpha | Mic : GM300 |

Offline Koolkid909

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:26 AM - 11/19/22 »
I have seen and read your post. No one who is verified to actually know this information like OBsIV has neither confirmed or denied your speculation. In fact your whole post is nothing but speculations going off of what moderators have commented so far.

What I have posted here is nothing new either. I bought the first gen Titan 2 when it came out for $150 after shipping and fees. I also bought it during their ďbetaĒ phase which was early release for anyone who wanted to buy. They later released to the public. Couple years later they release a better model with the Bluetooth and connection kit for the same price I paid for the first version with no connection kit or Bluetooth kit!

So I think it wouldnít be a bad idea to introduce this sort of launch with the new model.

This also would help with scalpers by giving us who are active in the forums first dibs. As you have seen, the Cornus Zen was sold out when it first released and people were trying to sell them for double or triple the retail value.

Just a suggestion that I think people wouldnít mind. It was successful with the titan 2. They sold out with the beta stage. So doing a sort of thing like that with the new xim at a higher price for people who want to pay it wouldnít be bad at all - in fact it should be better for the xim community and company as a whole!

I really donít think with the new innovative software/technology they are bringing to the new xim, they would price it the same as the XIM Apex or XIM 4.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:28 AM - 11/19/22 »
Thanks for the feedback on this. Honestly we don't know the price yet. It's a rough time right now due to component shortages everywhere. It's pretty frustrating. Our goal was the not to retail higher than XIM APEX, but its not likely that we are going to be able to hit that given the worldwide situation right now.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Koolkid909

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:42 AM - 11/19/22 »
No problem, I understand the situation and Iíd assume shipping isnít cheap either right now with holiday spikes/fuel prices.

I definitely think this is something you should look into doing, unless it would be hard to do so but I donít see how since you guys handle orders through your own website.

The proof is here in the forums. I and many others have purchased multiple workarounds just to get the XIM Apex to work with the PS5. At launch I purchased the hori and first beloader. I was about to buy the beloader pro until I saw that there was a chance the new xim would release end of this year. Multiple other members also bought 3rd party controllers to get the xim apex to work with their PS5, they have bought beloaders,  v2 OEM controllers for RP workarounds. They probably purchased Ethernet cables long enough to reach their PS5 to get less disconnects etc. Iíve even seen some say they bought a Xbox series X since there were no issues with comparability there!

So there are people willing to spend extra if it means being able to find a legit working solution made by you guys. Not only that, but you guys have made the unthinkable happen. I have had years and years trying to look for working anti recoil scripts where they wouldnít mess my crosshair up every tiny micro movement I made while aiming. And you guys have fixed that issue! Finally has happened!

Make a poll to see who would be interested in this if you arenít so sure? I know you guys pride yourselves in customer service and it shows. Truly it does, with being active here answering questions and with that YouTube channel XIM Central. So I know you might be on the fence with this because it will obviously make some unhappy pricing higher for people who want early access  at  ďbeta launchĒ phase but I think if itíll help getting them released quicker and help to lowering the prices for others itís a good idea to think about.

If you just want to limit it to a handful of people well note me down as one. Iíve been with you guys for years and like I said, name the price and Iíll buy to help as a beta tester.

Offline TheCityWok

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:18 AM - 11/19/22 »
Thanks for the feedback on this. Honestly we don't know the price yet. It's a rough time right now due to component shortages everywhere. It's pretty frustrating. Our goal was the not to retail higher than XIM APEX, but its not likely that we are going to be able to hit that given the worldwide situation right now.

Are you waiting until you have a concrete release date till you reveal the product?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 10:53 AM - 11/19/22 »
Stock levels are going to be important. With all the world wide component shortages and crazy shipping costs, I'm guessing the new XIM will sell out fast leading to months of little or no stock. Maybe OBsIV will try to build up enough stock to supply everyone during the soft launch, before he pushes the button, rather than having stock trickle in in batches.

I agree with Koolkid909. I'd price higher for the early adopters, maybe $200, whilst components and shipping are so expensive, and then drop it to ~$150 once it becomes cheaper to manufacture and ship.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Koolkid909

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:02 PM - 11/19/22 »
Stock levels are going to be important. With all the world wide component shortages and crazy shipping costs, I'm guessing the new XIM will sell out fast leading to months of little or no stock. Maybe OBsIV will try to build up enough stock to supply everyone during the soft launch, before he pushes the button, rather than having stock trickle in in batches.

I agree with Koolkid909. I'd price higher for the early adopters, maybe $200, whilst components and shipping are so expensive, and then drop it to ~$150 once it becomes cheaper to manufacture and ship.

Thanks for chiming in ceebs! Glad Iím not the only one. I think $200-$225 not including shipping is perfect for early adopters. I just donít want what happened with the Cronus zen to happen with the new xim. While previous releases of the Apex and XIM 4 were great and fully stocked, todays day and age itís hardly possible. I still have yet to see a PS5 on a retail shelf. Cronus zens were sold out and scalpers double or triple the price compared to retail. With stuff like this become more known because of streamers, itís obvious scalpers will take advantage of that and leave the ones who need it/xim supporters without a device.

Pricing high would negate scalpers from being able to flip these for more when they get their hands on one since it would be know that prices will drop in the future! Doing this will also keep stock steady like you said since Iím sure the XIM team has ordered to make a limited  amount of quantity for their first batch  because 1. People are still trying to find PS5s and 2. Maybe they think people who have PS5s and are not running wired connection or donít want to use RP function are not going to want to purchase the new product. 

There are multiple variables on why keeping stock is important like if someoneís product gets lost or damaged during shipping it can get replaced etc. pricing high would also help with some of these losses that can occur.

Admin