XIM Community

PS5 MW2 Beta ability to use Keyboard and mouse without XIM Apex  (Read 978 times)

Offline evm

• View Profile
I have not played COD on PS5 until today.  I noticed in the menu they had native keyboard and mouse support so I plugged in my mouse and keyboard and they worked.   Wondering if anyone else noticed this and used the feature?  Aiming felt weird but I'm not that good with understanding what I 'm feeling in the controls.  Is there lag?
Also, where is the best tutorial for using Apex on PS5? 

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Native m/kb on console is not the same as native m/kb on PC. Console games seems to do their own controller to mouse translation and it always feels worse than using a XIM, IMHO.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
This has been in MW19, CW and Vanguard before but it never feels right.
It's maybe kind of like when using a mouse on PC without setting up the drivers and stuff, but even worse than that even.

Offline evm

• View Profile
Yea, there is a lot of adjustable settings in the MW2 menu for the mouse, kinda like there is with Apex.  I'm noticing when I ADS I get cattywampus with the cross hairs.  I can't tell if it's the aiming system of COD or the mouse. 

Offline TheCityWok

• MVP
    • View Profile
I have not played COD on PS5 until today.  I noticed in the menu they had native keyboard and mouse support so I plugged in my mouse and keyboard and they worked.   Wondering if anyone else noticed this and used the feature?  Aiming felt weird but I'm not that good with understanding what I'm feeling in the controls.  Is there lag?
Also, where is the best tutorial for using Apex on PS5?

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=95975.0

I used apex on PS5 for the first time yesterday. Felt alright I guess, too much of a hassle to hook up for me though. I'll just wait for the XSX beta. Like many others here have said native sucks.

Offline mako38

• View Profile
Felt fine to me yesterday using mouse and keyboard plugged in on ps5. top of the servers all day with crossplay off..
Just tweak your mouse settings and you should be good to go.. if you ask me just quietly felt better then xim.. go figure

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
Felt fine to me yesterday using mouse and keyboard plugged in on ps5. top of the servers all day with crossplay off..
Just tweak your mouse settings and you should be good to go.. if you ask me just quietly felt better then xim.. go figure

There was no crossplay because it was ps5 only. Was there a toggle? I hope so. I want to play with just ps5 players even if they only put me with k&m players just so I donít have to play with hackers. Xbox doesnít give you a choice. Halo infinite puts you with pc players even if you turn crossplay off at a system level.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, Nexus, Waiting for XIM5! Great product!

Offline milkman

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: T0xicMilkMan
  • PSN ID: T0xicMilkMan

I did try the M&K on PS5 MW2 it felt great, however you definitely can tell there is NO Aim assist at all unlike when using the Xim.
I hope the NEW XIM DEVICE HAS SUPPORT FOR PS5 GAMES! I have the Beloader Pro but it's just not the same.... Plz God let's us have PS5 support with this NEW Xim Device.  I bought this PS5 just to be able to turn-off the crossplay and avoid the PC Hackers...

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold

I did try the M&K on PS5 MW2 it felt great, however you definitely can tell there is NO Aim assist at all unlike when using the Xim.
I hope the NEW XIM DEVICE HAS SUPPORT FOR PS5 GAMES! I have the Beloader Pro but it's just not the same.... Plz God let's us have PS5 support with this NEW Xim Device.  I bought this PS5 just to be able to turn-off the crossplay and avoid the PC Hackers...

Yeah, I donít have any basis for games other than the new beta for Modern WarfareII Remastered, but I tried a mouse and keyboard, and it felt good. I was able to do well, but the loss of aim-assist was definitely noticeable. If Sony ever disables the remote play work around, I would definitely play with just a keyboard and mouse, and have a good time.
[PS5 users, you don't need a Beloader]
 https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=102300.0

[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

(My Current Setup)
-Xim 4, Xim Nexus, Xim Apex
-G502 Lightspeed set @ 1000Hz Polling and 3000 DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline bigred250

• View Profile
You're at a huge disadvantage playin Cod without aim assist. The rotational aim assist will basically aim for you.