XIM Community

Idea for the new xim device  (Read 406 times)

Offline Rivid505582

• View Profile
Idea for the new xim device
« on: 10:50 AM - 08/15/22 »
So Iíve been looking more and more into xim nexusís gyro aiming and comparing it with traditional thumb stick aiming and I thought of an idea and I was wondering if itís possible in the new product to sync the sensor with the motion control instead of a thumbstick input. Iím not sure how it would work but I see nexus as an entirely successful product and was imagining it being implemented as a input for the new xim kinda like how weíre gonna have smart actions like nexus. Appreciate all you guys do I just like sharing any idea I might have.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Idea for the new xim device
« Reply #1 on: 09:57 AM - 08/16/22 »
Can you elaborate more on this? I'm not sure what you mean about syncing the sensor with motion control?

You can only work with what inputs the game allows. For most games, that's thumbstick or mouse. Some games do support motion directly, but, its rare.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Rivid505582

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:04 PM - 08/16/22 »
So the xim nexus acts as a controller input but seems extremely more accurate than thumbsticks my explanation is what is the new xim used a gyro control input, ( in which Iím not sure if gyro produces a different type of input than controller even though itís emulating a controller. I see how snappy and controlling the gyro aim is and was thought if itís possible to use xim nexus on games that donít support gyro aiming I wondered if the xim could use the motion of the nexus and sync it to a mouse sensor, it sounds complicated but I look at gyro controls as a faster alternative to sticks and wondered if it would affect the accuracy of the new xim device if one and one worked with each other. Sorry for not elaborating.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 06:18 PM - 08/16/22 »
If you mean using XIM NEXUS with the new XIM device, it will be possible as far as I know. But I don't how well stacking gyro input from NEXUS with mouse input would be as they both do the same thing. Everyone who use devices like Sony Nav or a PS or Xbox controller with XIM APEX use the left-stick instead of WASD movement rather than right-stick as well as a mouse.

Maybe you mean assigning NEXUS Motion Aim to left-stick movement rather than right-stick aim (if that's possible, I've never tried). If you have both a NEXUS and an APEX, you could probably test this now by plugging the NEXUS adapter into APEX's USB hub and using NEXUS controller instead of the keyboard.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline TheCityWok

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:29 PM - 08/17/22 »
dead zone finder please