XIM Community

[RESOLVED] My APEX seems to have died.. does not pass through any power.  (Read 92 times)

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Started up my Xbox/Apex today but none of my peripherals will turn on.  No matter how many times I replug they just won't turn on.  The Apex itself turns on, and oddly I can sometimes get the controller to turn on as well.  But if I plug a single peripheral directly into the XIM it won't turn on either.

Plugging any of the peripherals, or even the entire hub directly into the Xbox, everything works.  Only when the Apex is added does it become a problem.

I'm not sure what could be the issue.  Thoughts?

***EDIT***

After the hundredth try they all came on.  Now I'm afraid to unplug them/turn off my xbox again.
« Last Edit: 04:34 PM - 06/27/22 by mist4fun »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Check if the XIM Apex USB connectors are maybe damaged or start to break off. If that is the case get a USB cable, connect it until all devices get power, and then firmly wrap some tape around it to keep it in that position.
It could also be the USB Hub though, in which case you could just use a different USB 2.0 Hub with 3 ports or more.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
The contacts seem to look OK and it's def not the hub as plugging it directly into the xbox results in power to the peripherals.  Also I tried just a single peripheral directly into the Apex but failed to power.

I'm not sure what you mean by: 

If that is the case get a USB cable, connect it until all devices get power, and then firmly wrap some tape around it to keep it in that position.
« Last Edit: 03:56 PM - 06/27/22 by mcdonamw »
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I think he meant if APEX's connector is loose, and moving APEX while in the port allows APEX to power devices, then you could stabilize the connector to APEX in that direction that works best with a wrap or tape. In some cases using a short USB extension can help with contact problems between APEX and console. Using a short extension between APEX and console also has the added benefit of preventing stress on APEX's connector when plugging and unplugging from the console or general movement.

With APEX not able to power devices using direct connection from multiple ports on the console it does sound like it may need repair or replacement. Unfortunately APEX is no longer in production for some time now and we've exhausted our parts supply and can no longer offer repair or replacement. If replacing from a third party seller isn't an option for you then you may have luck with a local electronic repair shop. Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope to have a successor to APEX in future.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin