XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Xim Apex USB falling off prongs  (Read 28 times)

Offline ika___

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ikaeye
[RESOLVED] Xim Apex USB falling off prongs
« on: 04:39 PM - 06/19/22 »
Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my Apex lately, the usb keeps sliding off the prongs every time I unplug it, and I have to slide them back on, it used to work fine after that, but now after this has happened a few times, the xim isn't delivering power to the usb hub anymore, the little white light doesn't light up unless the xim is angled and held at a correct angle. I've tried using a usb extender, but that doesn't work either, and I'm not sure how to glue/solder it back onto the device. My device is likely out of warranty so can't get any help there, and I can't buy a new one as they're over $250 right now. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thx.

PS. trying to attach an image but unable to.
« Last Edit: 09:08 AM - 06/20/22 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex USB falling off prongs
« Reply #1 on: 09:08 AM - 06/20/22 »
I'm sorry to hear about that. With physical damage like this it will need to be replaced. Unfortunately APEX is no longer in production and we have exhausted our parts supply and can no longer offer repair or replacement. You may be able to find another unit from a third party or it may be possible to have the unit repaired at a local electronics shop.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin