XIM Community

[ACTIVE] New SCUF instinct pro  (Read 63 times)

Offline melee

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Meiee
[ACTIVE] New SCUF instinct pro
« on: 09:31 AM - 06/17/22 »
So I gave up on trying to get either of my Elite Series 2's to work with my XIM after these mandatory updates. I broke down and bought a new SCUF. When I plug in my controller to the hub, the mouse isn't recognized though. I also tried the stock controller that came with my series x and the mouse isn't woking with that either. This is very strange. Do I need to "pair" my new controller to the XIM in some way? Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: 04:31 PM - 06/17/22 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New SCUF instinct pro
« Reply #1 on: 04:31 PM - 06/17/22 »
XIM products support first party controllers from the console manufacturer. Unfortunately the Scuff isn't compatible but the controller included with your console should work with APEX. If you're unable to downgrade the Elite 2 controller firmware it may work in the future when Xbox releases another controller firmware update. Just be sure the controller is not connected to APEX while updating it's firmware.

Was your Series controller firmware also updated while connected to XIM?

In the meantime, we can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work. To do this, please disconnect and reconnect XIM to the console while watching XIM's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

Once XIM has finished it's startup sequence it may be necessary to press the controllers guide button. If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare cables please test other cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos