XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Bug - mouse seems to activate the Xbox magnifier and narrator settings  (Read 81 times)

Offline Spaceman202020

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Incarnate002
I recently updated my Xbox elite series 2 controller. I use the elite controller and a g502 mouse with the XIM apex. Ever since then it seems when I move my mouse it opens up the Xbox magnifier, Xbox narrator, recording settings, and some other accessibility settings. Almost as if the Xbox is seeing that a mouse is detected (not a controller) and then trying to open these accessibility settings. I have tried updating my XIM apex and Xbox several times but it hasnít helped. I also tried reverting or rollback of the controller update but the Xbox doesnít seem to do the rollback even though it says itís an option. I spent some hours with Xbox support to no avail. Then I bought a new XIM apex, new elite 2 controler, and the newer Xbox series x, and the same issue occurs on the new devices as well.

When I am in a game and I use the controller and donít move the mouse, the in-game movement is fine but as soon as I move the mouse a tiny bit, it stops and prevents any in-game movement from the controler until I stop moving the mouse again. This indicates the Xbox is detecting a mouse instead of only a controller. Xbox doesnít like variable inputs from both a controler and mouse and so it only accepts one at a time.
« Last Edit: 09:54 AM - 06/09/22 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Welcome to the community. This seems to be caused by updating the controller firmware while XIM is connected. A fix was found by downgrading the controller firmware:

1) Unplug XIM
2) Open Xbox Assist from games & apps
3) Get Help (top left)
4) Console & Accessories > Controller > My controller has connection issues after the last update > Check controller firmware > Revert firmware

Once the firmware is reverted it can then be updated without XIM connected.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Spaceman202020

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Incarnate002
Unfortunately I tried that and it does nothing. Not able to rollback.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Be sure to not have XIM attached while updating controller firmware going forward. Some controllers have been reported to not have the ability to downgrade. Unfortunately using another controller should fix the problem. If Xbox provides a controller update in the future, updating the problem controller without a XIM attached may allow the controller to be used again.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos