XIM Community

Playstation 3 Navigator and mouse discussion 2022  (Read 129 times)

Offline wolfweb

• View Profile
I'm using a PlayStation navigator and mouse on an Xbox xseries.

There are a few threads but all seem pretty old and just wonder if anyone wants to discuss using it, tips or anything else?

I mostly play Warzone. But am interested in setups for other games.

I use the trigger for squat and lie down and the bumper for jump. The left small button for armour plate repair and the right small button single push for map and hold down for game menu. I use the direction keys for the same as on the xbox controller.

I use a Logitech G903 mouse set to 12000 dpi. Anyone use a lower dpi to what their mouse can handle for some reason?

I use a powered USB hub because the xim was disconnecting frequently and now it never disconnects.

I use the Sony Nav wired because I'm at my desk and it makes no diff to be not wired really.

Anyone have questions? Or anyone else want to talk about their setup?

have you tried recoil control? I found it caused more trouble than it was worth.

Have you had any issues with going in and out of the aim assist bubble? Are there settings to use for that?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3 Navigator and mouse discussion 2022
« Reply #1 on: 07:02 AM - 05/22/22 »
I find it extremely useful to have a "hold to sprint" button on the mouse so you can hold that, freeing up your left thumb to access the d-pad on the move. Just bind your button of choice in your HIP sub-config to forward in movement, and to sprint in your secondary button bindings.

Using an analog stick like a Nav will give you the most "rotational" aim assist (i.e. tracking assistance) possible. So it's very useful in those close range fights against fast-moving targets. A lot of PC MKB players complain about controller aim assist beating them close range fights cause of how quickly this aim assist reacts to enemy movement, you'll get that same type of controller aim assist by using a left analog like the Nav.

Offline wolfweb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:58 PM - 05/24/22 »
Thanks for the reply Turboman. A helpful tip.

One thing that annoys me a bit that I dont think there is an answer to, is that in Warzone, I have to hold a button on the Nav to get the armour to repair. Would be better if I could just hit and let go. But It's because console button y on the controller shares the action of reload and armour repair (press for reload, hold for armour). I can't figure out any way to have armour just a quick press. If anyone else has solved it that would be great to know.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:39 AM - 05/25/22 »
Thanks for the reply Turboman. A helpful tip.

One thing that annoys me a bit that I dont think there is an answer to, is that in Warzone, I have to hold a button on the Nav to get the armour to repair. Would be better if I could just hit and let go. But It's because console button y on the controller shares the action of reload and armour repair (press for reload, hold for armour). I can't figure out any way to have armour just a quick press. If anyone else has solved it that would be great to know.

There's an in-game option to "apply all plates" in WZ that might be worth a try.