XIM Community

Xim apex on pc?  (Read 247 times)

Offline Boonersooner

• View Profile
Xim apex on pc?
« on: 07:37 AM - 05/18/22 »
I searched the forums and only could find answers from 2018 which were vague. So can you use the xim apex on pc? If so what all do you need to make this work? I'm only going their cuz I don't wanna deal with ps5 with the controllers since I play only cod. And the new Xbox won't support my audio setup I just built. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim apex on pc?
« Reply #1 on: 06:25 PM - 05/18/22 »
APEX works on PC, but it's not officially supported.

Why won't your audio setup work on Xbox? I feed my consoles through a HDMI matrix with optical audio extractor into an optical splitter to a MixAmp, GoXLR and SoundBlaster X7, which in turn feeds a PC, Mac, 5.1 speakers, two headsets, two mics, a SubPac and Nanoleaf lights through a network of 3.5mm audio cables, HDMI audio, USB, toslink cabling and virtual routing.

Honestly though, Xbox controller audio with Dolby Atmos is surprisingly good on next-gen consoles for when I use party chat, so my stupidly complex audio setup is largely redundant. But it also works with Xbox...

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:56 PM - 05/18/22 »
It works but sometimes the ads translator feels a little off in comparison to the hip translator. For example, on Apex Legends your iron site will feel normal, but when you add sights above a 1x dot or holo optic you will feel deceleration even though your curve is default. On Call of Duty, you will feel acceleration on the ads translator in comparison to the hip translator. You won't feel any of this on console as the input translators were optimized for the devices. With a little tweaking, time and patience you can develop something that is semi decent. Just don't go into it with the idea that everything will be perfect right off the bat, especially not for Apex Legends. I wish we could get pc support on the xim so that it's much easier to play but I'm not complaining.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline MidwestXIM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:50 AM - 05/27/22 »
APEX works on PC, but it's not officially supported.

Why won't your audio setup work on Xbox? I feed my consoles through a HDMI matrix with optical audio extractor into an optical splitter to a MixAmp, GoXLR and SoundBlaster X7, which in turn feeds a PC, Mac, 5.1 speakers, two headsets, two mics, a SubPac and Nanoleaf lights through a network of 3.5mm audio cables, HDMI audio, USB, toslink cabling and virtual routing.

Honestly though, Xbox controller audio with Dolby Atmos is surprisingly good on next-gen consoles for when I use party chat, so my stupidly complex audio setup is largely redundant. But it also works with Xbox...

At this point I think parroting that it's not officially supported needs to stop. We have STs specifically for PC modes of games (Apex and Halo at least).

I've tested it personally with PS4 and Xbox controllers as well as countless others on the forums and people I know personally.

It works without issue.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 07:10 PM - 05/27/22 »
PC Smart Translators are for XIM NEXUS, not XIM APEX. PC remains unsupported for gaming with a XIM m/kb adapter. It works by coincidence, not design.

The point of making it known that PC is not officially supported is so everyone asking for PC help is aware that XIM support is not available to diagnose and fix problems on platforms and games that XIM is not intended to run.

People can get hostile and aggressive towards support staff and expect them to solve problems of their own making. On PC, support is limited to solutions to common problems, then it's up to you to figure it out if problems persist. That's why they ask you to troubleshoot XIM APEX on supported consoles, not on PC, because that's the limit of "official" support.
« Last Edit: 07:19 PM - 05/27/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts