XIM Community

Best Mouse for FPS games - Palm grip (right handed) no budget  (Read 366 times)

Offline Kinkzor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kinkzor
Hi all,

I have been trying to find a good mouse for FPS games.

I currently use a razer naga for FPS games but I cannot make micro movements with the mouse (not even on windows, it seems to kind of "skip", so I know it is not a config issue in the Apex manager).

I do love wireless mice, but I am OK with wired also, as long as the cable is not disturbing my aim.

• Weight - I have no preference.
  • Hand size is large, I prefer palm grip.
  • I need at least 2 side buttons.
  • I have no budget, I just want the best FPS mouse I can get.
  • I aim with a wrist aim so I generally use a decently high DPI (16k)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Check https://rocketjumpninja.com for gaming mice reviews. You'll find something to suit your hand size and grip.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Kinkzor

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: kinkzor
Check https://rocketjumpninja.com for gaming mice reviews. You'll find something to suit your hand size and grip.

Thanks antithesis. I will check it out.

Offline jd394y

• View Profile
out of the 10 i own, 2 stand out above all.

1.) Logitech G Pro Superlight (wireless)
2.) Razer Viper Ultimate (wireless)

I use the G Pro Superlight right now with the XIM and its amazing. the ONLY downfall to that mouse is the coating they used. if your hands sweaty or you have something on them, the mouse can become slippery. There are aftermarket grips you can snag for almost all gaming mice if need be. The Viper Ultimate has a grippier siding which is amazing, I tend to lean towards it because no matter what circumstance comes into play grip is always flawless.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I have the Logitech G Pro Wireless and Viper Ultimate too. Iím a fingertipper and donít like the bulk of the G Pro, but itís suitable for palm grip. Viper comes closer to my needs, but itís about 10mm too long and lacks some features I want from a mouse, like a button behind the mousewheel.

Another few solid options are G502 Wireless Hero (Iíd use this if I could), G900 series (great features but too large for me, good for palm) and Razer Lancehead Pro (slightly too big for me, otherwise good button options). Wireless is the constant here, removing the cable frees up more hand angles, allows bigger movements and removes snags.

The only mouse of dozens Iíve bought over the years that ticks every single box is the relatively humble Pwnage Ultra Custom Ambi. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and havenít put it down since, except for a quick battery charge (full charge in 1 hour).

Pwnage Ambi is a smidge larger than a G305 (my daily driver for years), but with buttons on both sides. Thatís huge for me as a lefty. It also a button behind the wheel (a must-have), is wireless, has a USB-C paracord, on-board macros, a movable sensor, debounce, LOD, honeycomb design (optional), good battery life, RGB, customisable plates and a tonne of other features. The Pwnage software makes Logitechís G-Hub look like an absolute joke.

Check out Pwnage mice at https://pwnage.com.
« Last Edit: 03:38 PM - 05/23/22 by antithesis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
...and the most configurable mouse in the world (which antithesis can't use, 'cos he's a leftie) is the Swiftpoint Z.
Unfortunately, it's no longer in production (due to the silicone/component shortage), but the Tracer has most of it's important features.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline GoatNotKid

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Goat Not Kid
There is two issues with your case. 1) You have a palm grip. 2)You play strictly high sensitivity wrist aim. You aren't going to fix the micro-movement issue unless you 1) Don't have a palm grip or 2) Don't have a strictly high sensitivity wrist aim.

Using a Razer Naga is the main cause as to why you do play palm. If you want to experiment with grip styles that's up to you, but a claw grip is going to be the easiest grip to transition to if you want the ability to make better micro-movements. This will lend to the ability of controlling the mouse much better than palm grip.

You could also lower your sensitivity, but you are still going to be affected by having a palm grip. It's just by design, palm grip does not have the same flexibility that other grips have.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
The way I've always explained it is drawing with a 1-inch crayon in an ape-like fist versus fingertipping a fine-tipped pen. Or using a butcher's knife vs a scalpal. Or a sledgehammer vs a watchmaker's mallet. Which method is going to provide the more refined and controlled output? We have significantly more dexterity and control in the fingertips, so don't limit yourself to pushing a mouse around like a troglodyte.

I don't like claw either because it's a tense and fatiguing position to hold over a prolonged period of time. I use a more relaxed fingertip grip with as little of my palm and tips touching the mouse as possible. The difference between claw and fingertip is just the height at which you hold your fingers and how hard you grip the mouse. We don't walk around with eagle talons all day long, ready to tear a throat apart at a moment's notice, so why game like that? Just relax man, go with the flow...

A wireless mouse helps too because you can rotate it slightly into a more natural hand posture. A cord tends to force your hand into a more rigid position to avoid cable drag.
« Last Edit: 06:11 AM - 05/27/22 by antithesis »

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
    I have no budget, I just want the best FPS mouse I can get.[/li][/list]
    The best FPS mouse is the one that suits your grip and aiming style. As antithesis mentioned is very important that you know your hand size and start from there to find it by yourself, there is not short-cuts.

For me the best one is Ventus R from thermaltake it suits perfectly my grip and aim. Is not a reliable brand and it needs a better cable and pads, but is perfect. My second choice is G305, follow by Zowie FK2. There is better and more modern mice offerings in the market but those put makes me put the crosshair on the target as precisely everytime, sensor tech, wired/wireless, weight and quality are second, comfort and grip is key and that.. only can be determinated by you.

In short, don't fall for the marketing trap... focus on shape and comfort.
    « Last Edit: 07:40 PM - 05/26/22 by AMG »

Offline AMG

• MVP
    • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
      • View Profile
    I just receive Razer Viper Mini, pretty amaze on how good it feels but I have to try it for months, all mice requires a worn time.

- As you can see... there is no endgame fps mouse, trying new things is fun tho.

Online antithesis

• MVP
      • View Profile
      • Mod Squad
    Take a look at Pwnage mice AMG. They have an amazing array of features, are wireless (with optional USB-C paracord) and support macros. They're about the same size as the Ventus and G305 too.

Admin