XIM Community

Power Plug or Powered USB hub?  (Read 122 times)

Offline jd394y

• View Profile
Power Plug or Powered USB hub?
« on: 12:37 PM - 05/23/22 »
hey guys, for those who've used and have experience with either or would you recommend a External Power Supply for the XIM APEX or just get a powered usb hub 3.0? (i hear alot of people using 3.0 even though 2.0 is recommended)

The external power supply i was looking at on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DPCPAQS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i'd like to do this in one shot, because some say their 3.0 hubs work and some say they dont. Should I even bother with a 3.0 or just grab a 2.0 ( it'd only be used for the XIM APEX.) or snag the power supply and call it a wrap.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Power Plug or Powered USB hub?
« Reply #1 on: 03:53 PM - 05/23/22 »
I prefer a beefier powered USB hub with more juice. Iíve been using a Sabrent 10-port, 12V, USB 3.0 hub from Amazon for a few years. Each port has its own power switch, so I can leave multiple console controllers connected and just power on the one I want to use on demand.

More USB ports allows me to connect a couple of wireless USB mice in case one goes flat mid-game, as well as both an Azeron and a keyboard or keypad.

It also has a couple of charge-only ports that I use to recharge wireless controllers, mice, keyboards, headphones or a phone without affecting my XIM.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts