XIM Community

Cursor mode  (Read 120 times)

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: epicanova
Cursor mode
« on: 02:32 AM - 05/14/22 »
I've noticed there are some games that have a cursor bound to LS for menus, inventory management etc.

Given that using a stick to control a cursor is awkward, perhaps this is something that gyro could handle? A simple way to toggle the stick currently being used for gyro?

I'm aware that you can create a separate config for this, but sometimes my controller gets stuck and the buttons don't change configs, so I have to bring up the mobile app to do it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Cursor mode
« Reply #1 on: 10:10 AM - 05/14/22 »
I'm aware that you can create a separate config for this, but sometimes my controller gets stuck and the buttons don't change configs, so I have to bring up the mobile app to do it.

Can you tell me more about this? Do you mean physically stuck or a bug?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:59 AM - 05/14/22 »

Can you tell me more about this? Do you mean physically stuck or a bug?

Just a bug, sometimes the Nexus-related buttons (like the next/previous buttons, or the + - chord to connect to Manager) stop working. It's easily fixed by restarting the controller.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 02:17 PM - 05/14/22 »
That shouldn't happen course. Well, you can't change Configs if you are currently connect to Manager and editing, but, they should always work other than that. Have you noticed any conditions or steps you've taken that seem to trigger the failure?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline SpeQzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:03 PM - 05/14/22 »
That shouldn't happen course. Well, you can't change Configs if you are currently connect to Manager and editing, but, they should always work other than that. Have you noticed any conditions or steps you've taken that seem to trigger the failure?

Yeah, it does sometimes happen after connecting to Manager, but some time later. Iím not sure how to disconnect from Manager. The chord issue though, Iím not sure what triggers that. There have been times when both occur while not connected to Manager, so I have to restart.

Admin