XIM Community

my xim apex doesn't work in Apex Legends  (Read 266 times)

Offline koke1995q8

• View Profile
my xim apex doesn't work in Apex Legends
« on: 07:02 AM - 05/10/22 »
hello , i tried to download xim apex manager and every thing but it didn't work , so i tried my other xim apex which used to be connected with my Ps5 , it worked because i used my phone which i have apex manger there but still can't used the mouse and keyboard inside the game .

by it worked i mean the xim manger and i did see the logo of the mnk inside the apex manger of my phone

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: my xim apex doesn't work in Apex Legends
« Reply #1 on: 09:24 AM - 05/10/22 »
So you have two APEX units that are not working? Do they work on a supported console like PS4, Xbox One, or X|S?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline koke1995q8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:28 AM - 05/10/22 »
yes i got 2 , both are working in my Ps5 , now i switched to Pc and i would like to use the xim apex but i couldn't

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:37 PM - 05/10/22 »
XIM APEX and XIM4 do not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported. Some players have reported issues using Xbox Series controllers.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

It's been mentioned by other members here that the DS4 gen 2 (includes lightbar in touchpad) controller is supported by some PC games (not all) and that either changing the input type in the game options (if game supports it) or changing the control input type in steam controller setup may help if using steam. I'm not familiar with these steps but I have noticed these issue reports don't seem to come from players using Xbox controllers so that's something to consider if you run into more issues.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:23 PM - 05/18/22 »
I run my xim apex on pc with a dualshock 4 controller. However, when I switched to pc a few years ago I do remember having problems with the xim not working as well. I would plug the controller into the pc without the xim apex connected first so that the pc registers the device as a controller to be used on the system. You absolutely have to have a licensed ps4 or xbox controller in order for it to be recognize. Install steam and it will recognize your Ds4 or Xbox controller. Then you can set up your xim the exact same way that you would on console. Once you do that it should recognize the xim as a HID-compliant device as well as an xbox controller even though you are using a DS4 if you choose to.  Make sure your mouse is set to 1000hz, you can set the xim to whatever you want. I used 1000hz on xim for a while before switching to 250hz. Then go into your game and set your in-game sensitivity to the recommended settings of your input translator. If you choose to use a DS4 you have to use the imput translator for playstation 4. Do not use the xbox translator because it doesn't feel right. Steam will recognize the Ds4 controller for what it is.

ps:  DO NOT, AND I REPEAT! DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE LIKE SCP TOOL KIT OR DS4 WINDOWS!!! It's in all caps for a reason, your system will be riddled with malware and you will began to get the blue screen of death. DO NOT DO IT! I am speaking from experience. I don't care how bad you want the xim to work, if for some reason it doesn't don't be desperate and kill your computer. It's not an easy fix trust me. The malware will trick your device into thinking that it's healthy which will make it hard to discover the actual cause of the bsod. 

« Last Edit: 10:29 PM - 05/18/22 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Admin