XIM Community

Alternative to keyboard / sony navi  (Read 638 times)

Online TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative to keyboard / sony navi
« Reply #15 on: 05:06 PM - 05/11/22 »
It isn't as cheap as the Nav but it's main advantage over the Nav is the handling design over the Nav, I have a Nav myself and there's no way I am playing with this controller over the Fragchuck. Nav is designed more like a TV remote, while the Fragchuck is designed to grip on your hand. I must say thr build quality isn't the best for sure.

I always found the Nav comfortable. I have large hands, not sure if that's why.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:29 PM - 05/11/22 »
Those splitfish arenít cheap.. You know, with all the components Iíve got laying around everywhere I should just frankenstein something together myself..
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #17 on: 01:47 AM - 05/13/22 »
How are you mapping your Azeron? Iíll post mine, if youíre interested.

I use a G305 too and canít access the side-buttons (lefty mouser), but have a very comfortable control scheme setup on Azeron to compensate for my lack of mouse buttons.

I find the Nav too small with too few buttons to be usable with G305. It never felt right in my hand.

For me, Azeron is right up there with XIM as a game changer, I wouldnít play any game without it, including on PC (reWASD integration is great).

Have you seen the new Azeron device mock-ups? Itís much closer to a Nav and has some interesting features like inbuilt mouse sensor and scrollwheel. I would never use it as a mouse, but it looks viable as a Nav replacement if you think of it as a mini Azeron.

Really liking the Azeron Compact so far - but finding buttons joy_5 and Joy_11 don't respond well in games through the Xim Apex. Button clicks register perfectly fine in the Azeron software, but in game via Xim they're just not registering. E.g. I'll map reload (X), in Apex Legends, to Joy_5, but I'll have to mash it for the reload to happen. Wondering if I was missing something obvious.

Feels almost as if there's a rollover/ghosting problem - but as I say, in the Azeron software, there doesn't appear to be an issue. Was curious if you've experienced anything similar Antithesis?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 04:50 AM - 05/13/22 »
You can edit the button timing in Azeron Software. I canít recall what thatís labelled (Iím not in front of the PC), but I had an issue with one of the buttons double-clicking all the time and changing the timing fixed it.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:05 AM - 05/13/22 »
You can edit the button timing in Azeron Software. I canít recall what thatís labelled (Iím not in front of the PC), but I had an issue with one of the buttons double-clicking all the time and changing the timing fixed it.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that - see if that gets it to be more responsive.

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:37 AM - 05/13/22 »
I have a similar problem in BF5, sometimes I can't jump and get stuck. Could this be due to the timing of the keys? Had 0ms and have now increased to 3ms.
But can not see any improvement how much can you increase without disadvantages? Do you have experience?

I'm waiting longingly for the new azeron. Is there a release date?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #21 on: 05:47 AM - 05/13/22 »
Console games typically don't register button presses under 20ms. Try at least 8ms as that roughly corresponds to 120FPS.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:16 PM - 05/19/22 »
Liking the compact Azeron generally, but still unimpressed by the responsiveness of the switches. Tried different timings but it regularly seems to miss some presses in game.

Probably something Iím missing. Iíll have to see what itís like direct in a PC rather than in the Xbox via a xim.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #23 on: 04:08 PM - 05/19/22 »
I don't miss a press, ever. I also didn't mess with switch timing, except for increasing it on one when it'd consistently double-press instead of single.

If you've set the timing too low, that'd be why they're being missed. Console games aren't going to register a 3ms press.

The thing that annoys me is my Azeron not being detected by Azeron Software on PC, so I can't check what my settings are to help with this thread.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05:54 PM - 05/19/22 »
I alway wondered what debounce is. The two metal contacts of the switch actually bounce off each other a few times when the button is pressed causing multiple button presses to register.

Debounce is the delay after the button is pressed before the system checks the switch position again. Giving time for the metal contacts to stop rattling against each other which causes the voltage to fluctuate between 5V (on) and 0V (off).

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/switch-debounce-in-digital-circuits/

Knowing this, a debounce time of 20ms means you can click (1,000ms ų 20ms = 50 clicks per second) before any clicks will fail to register.
« Last Edit: 06:18 PM - 05/19/22 by Oskool »

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:27 AM - 05/20/22 »
I don't miss a press, ever. I also didn't mess with switch timing, except for increasing it on one when it'd consistently double-press instead of single.

If you've set the timing too low, that'd be why they're being missed. Console games aren't going to register a 3ms press.

The thing that annoys me is my Azeron not being detected by Azeron Software on PC, so I can't check what my settings are to help with this thread.

Yes it's a funny thing - as I say the presses show, without fail, in the Azeron software when connected to the PC. Also now had opportunity to test in Apex Legends on the PC and there is no missed presses.

Through the xim in Apex Legends and Warzone, there is regular failure to register presses and that's at default settings.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07:47 AM - 05/20/22 »
Are you using a powered USB hub?

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:12 PM - 05/20/22 »
Are you using a powered USB hub?

I wasn't, but tried one to test after you mentioned it. Still getting the same issue. Will mess some more see if I can figure this out.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #28 on: 03:22 PM - 05/20/22 »
Set the button timing to 20ms and see if things improve on console. And I agree with the powered USB hub, my Azerons donít work on XIM without using one.

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02:04 AM - 05/21/22 »
Set the button timing to 20ms and see if things improve on console. And I agree with the powered USB hub, my Azerons donít work on XIM without using one.

Will do, tried settings above and below the default 10ms - but not as high as 20ms. Going to try a different powered hub than the one I used as well, just in case.

Admin