XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Help! Xim4 Controller not showing on xim manager app  (Read 208 times)

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ROBINSWAG_0123
Just got my xim4 the other day. Trying to play overwatch on my ps4, i updated the firmware, my keyboard and mouse is able to connect, and the controller settings are set to usb not bluetooth, but for some reason im trying to connect my controller and it will only either not show up, or show up as a second mouse, please help me fix this.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Xim4 Controller not showing on xim manager app
« Reply #1 on: 09:07 AM - 05/06/22 »
Welcome to the community. An original controller from Sony is needed for passthrough, are you using one? Next, testing the controller in other ports or testing other data cables with the controller may help.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
It is an original sony dualshock controller and my xim manager app is ios. Do you mean try other ports with the controller on the xim4 ports, or the ports where i plug in the xim on the console?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Testing the controller with other ports on XIM4. Note that the controller can't be hotswapped between ports like your peripherals. Meaning, your XIM should be disconnected and reconnected to the console before attempting to move the controller to a new port.

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
Just tried this, when disconnecting then reconnecting the usb on the controller to keyboard port, it showed a keyboard icon in xim4 manager, then when connected to mouse it shower mouse icon, then when connected to controller port it registered as mouse again.

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
also ive tried all ports now with the controller starting off then trying to press the playstation button to turn it on, but as soon as i hook it up as if it starts off not on, when it hooks up the controller briefly shows a yellow light then goes off, then the controller cant be turned on while hooked up.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Were you able to test other data cables?

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
I just tested like 6 more and none of them worked and i got one of them that only shows the controller in the xim4 manager still as a second mouse. Now my xim4 is blinking yellow in a pattern only one blink, and its slow. But my mouse and keyboard are fine connected to the manager in fact when i press buttons, the app is responding and showing me what buttons i pressed after i just pressed them on my keyboard. The problem is i still havent got the controller to show up in the xim4 manager and even though the xim4 manager app sees and responds to show it knows im pressing keys, it does nothing in game.

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
please help…

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
Please anyone issue is still occuring.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The light behavior your mentioned before is normal while connected to XIM4. The controller light will turn on, display yellow when charging, then turn off.

Could you share the firmware version number found in Manager's menu-about? It's possible to update to outdated firmware and earlier versions are known to have the controller show a mouse icon in Manager.

Was the controller purchased used or separately from the console or was it included with your console? Testing another controller may be needed if this one isn't working.

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
The controller came with the console… and the xim4 manager version is version 4.00.20211207 And the firmware version is version 4.00.20160405

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
That should be it, this is one of the original launch firmware versions that supports only gen 1 controllers. Updating the firmware should help.

You can find the latest XIM4 firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?board=81.0

Offline Theoneandonly121

• View Profile
tysm this actually helped, but, the controller turns off sometimes being connected to the xim then starts flashing yellow, keyboard and mouse still work but its like it becomes the controller l, is that normal?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It's good to hear it's recognized now. No, yellow lights indicate a device has lost connection. You may try using other data cables with the controller or using the controller in other ports on XIM4. In some cases the cause can be a worn micro USB port on the controller, if this is the cause then using another controller is needed.

Admin