XIM Community

XIM Nexus saved Series X for me (from veteran gyro user)  (Read 93 times)

Offline Miko

• View Profile
I've been playing video games for over 30 years. In that time I have seen many revolutions: the replacement of d-pad with analogue sticks, Wii-style motion detection, ir-tracking and most recently gyro.

The year was 2017 and the game was Splatoon 2. I learned how to use the gyro in this game and ended up playing it for almost 1000 hours. I also played a lot of other games on the platform using gyro, and the hours started to add up. It started to feel natural.

When I bought the Series X, I knew that the games would be much better technically on that platform. But... I just couldn't play (especially shooters) with just analog sticks. Imagine: I chose Switch version of Apex Legends, for example, because it does gyro aiming! It barely works with 30fps and 70 FOV and I still performed pretty good.  ;D

The XIM Nexus is nothing less than an incredible controller for a gamer with a strong gyro history on consoles. It's so cool that I can now play games like Apex Legends with Series X performance and better gyro than any Switch game has. It's incredibly smooth, especially when using guns with a scope. There's no "grid effect", the crosshairs move silky smooth. Long range weapons (like the Bocek in Apex) feel incredibly fun to use. There seems to be no compromise, in any respect.

The controller also feels comfortable in the hands. Really comfortable, in fact. It doesn't feel super expensive, but it doesn't feel cheap either. The LED light indicating the different modes is a good addition and adds another layer of usability.

I'll be playing on my Xbox a LOT more than before thanks to this controller. I am very, very happy.  8)

Props to Jaxon, btw. I read his XIM Nexus posts on another forum and got interested because he clearly knows what's he's talking about.
« Last Edit: 09:09 PM - 05/05/22 by Miko »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM Nexus saved Series X for me (from veteran gyro user)
« Reply #1 on: 09:56 PM - 05/05/22 »
Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you are enjoying your NEXUS. :)
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.