XIM Community

[RESOLVED] D-Pad Issue  (Read 132 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] D-Pad Issue
« on: 11:40 PM - 04/30/22 »
I tried using Nexus to play Rogue Legacy 2 because the Xbox Series controller felt laggy on my PC and while Nexus feels a lot better in every way except I think I got a wonky D-Pad. All other directions work fine but Right button has to be pressed all the way in and with some force compared to the other directions to register. 
« Last Edit: 10:31 AM - 05/05/22 by mist4fun »
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: D-Pad Issue
« Reply #1 on: 11:00 AM - 05/02/22 »
Hi, Phil. How much more force is needed compared to other buttons, some variance is normal. Is the difference more subtle or significant?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] D-Pad Issue
« Reply #2 on: 02:28 PM - 05/03/22 »
It's sort of like, I can press all other directions with an intuitive amount of force and not think about it because they will consistently register. This is about half way point between when the button is at rest and fully bottomed out. With the right button, I have to consciously bottom it out with force or it won't register at least half of the time.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] D-Pad Issue
« Reply #3 on: 10:31 AM - 05/05/22 »
Thank you for your patience. We'd like to replace it, please send it in. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully the next works out for you.

To get help please choose the appropriate link below.

If purchased from xim.tech/shop in the last year please open an RMA using your store account:
http://store.xim.tech/myaccount.asp

If purchased from another location or the purchase date exceeds one year please use this link:
https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [RESOLVED] D-Pad Issue
« Reply #4 on: 11:10 PM - 06/24/22 »
So, I got the replacement back and it's the same thing which means that it's not a faulty controller but a design issue. This is unfortunate because Nexus is such a great and versatile controller. The d-pad would otherwise be my favorite for retro style games. For future versions I'd suggest working this issue out and maybe making it 5-10% smaller and lighter.