XIM Community

[ACTIVE] I can't update my apex xim or reset it to its factory state  (Read 115 times)

Offline Cuxqk_7

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DMNT_mauleo
When I try to update my xim apex or reset it to its factory state, my computer says that when connected it does not detect the xim or to disconnect the devices but only connect the xim apex. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
« Last Edit: 03:58 PM - 04/30/22 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. Have you always used this PC (and the port as well) to upgrade your XIM?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Cuxqk_7

• View Profile
Yes, I have always tried to update it on my PC, but I have never been able to update the xim or restart it. When connecting the xim my computer did not detect the adapter

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Make sure to set XIM APEX to Programming Mode by holding down the button on the front while inserting it into a computer. The LED will be dark blue to indicate that it's ready to run a firmware update.

Also, try a USB 2.0 port (black on the inside) rather than a USB 3.0 port (blue on the inside). USB 3.0 ports can be a bit picky about USB 2.0 devices and may prevent the APEX from being detected correctly by the PC.

There's an Instructional Video for Upgrading Firmware if you need more info - https://xim.tech/instructional-videos.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Cuxqk_7

• View Profile
It didn't work, I still can't update or reset the xim apex. When I connect it by pressing the button to my pc (laptop) it keeps saying that nothing was connected.

Offline Cuxqk_7

• View Profile
My xim apex does not detect any keys or clicks from my peripherals in the xim manager application and I cannot use it in any game. my peripherals are a logitech g pro and a razer huntsman keyboard

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
APEX not being able to use the flash tool may be a sign of a faulty unit. APEX is no longer in production and unfortunately we have exhausted our supply of parts and are no longer able to offer repair or replacement. If this APEX can't connect after starting your PC in safe mode or it's not able to connect using another PC, then it may need replacement.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos