XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 flashing yellow the going white  (Read 281 times)

Offline phludz

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] XIM4 flashing yellow the going white
« on: 01:07 PM - 04/18/22 »
I have had problems with my xim where sometimes going on the app would cause the xim to rapidly flash yellow then go white and I was dealing with it until now every time I plug the xim in after a few seconds it will do the same rapidly flashing yellow then going white no matter what I do
« Last Edit: 04:33 PM - 04/18/22 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim4 flashing yellow the going white
« Reply #1 on: 04:33 PM - 04/18/22 »
Welcome to the community. Your XIM4 will flash yellow when a device has disconnected, the white light is a crash.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

console:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

In the meantime, it may help to verify the controller is fully charged and test other data cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline phludz

• View Profile
Re: xim4 flashing yellow the going white
« Reply #2 on: 09:24 AM - 04/19/22 »
Welcome to the community. Your XIM4 will flash yellow when a device has disconnected, the white light is a crash.

Could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

console:
mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

In the meantime, it may help to verify the controller is fully charged and test other data cables with the controller.

console: xbox series s
mouse: logitech g203
keyboard: bloodcat g92

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 flashing yellow the going white
« Reply #3 on: 09:55 AM - 04/19/22 »
Thanks for sharing your setup. Have you been able to test other data cables with your controller? Because you're playing on Xbox, you can remove the controller battery instead of charging it.

Stability problems like this can also happen when the power draw of your setup as a whole is more than the console's single USB port can provide. Your bloodcat may be contributing to this. If you have a spare keyboard, preferably without LEDs, testing it may help in knowing whether power draw or the bloodcat itself is a factor.

Alternatively, if you have a spare hub with it's own power supply adding additional power is another way to test this. XIM4 supports USB 2.0 hubs, any 2.0 hub that includes a 2.5A-3A or more power supply should be helpful with power issues.

Offline checcofumi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:01 PM - 04/19/22 »
Hello Mist I tried all the solutions including the usb hub, for me it is the latest firmware or last manger that are not good, also because with the previous one it is fine.
would it be possible to check for you last manager and verify it?
if you do not enter the manager configuration it does not crash so I assume that it is the manager who creates the problems

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:40 PM - 04/19/22 »
It's working normally for me, I have not had problems with the latest firmware and Manager. Using a config that no longer exists can also cause a crash, could you share what game configs you have on your XIM that you can remember?

Verifying the latest Manager from the app store is installed and factory resetting your XIM4 should fix versioning related faults like this.

Offline Tommyce

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TommyCE
  • PSN ID: TommyCE
« Reply #6 on: 11:44 AM - 06/06/22 »
It's working normally for me, I have not had problems with the latest firmware and Manager. Using a config that no longer exists can also cause a crash, could you share what game configs you have on your XIM that you can remember?

Verifying the latest Manager from the app store is installed and factory resetting your XIM4 should fix versioning related faults like this.

I'm also having the same problem after updating to the new firmware.

Xbox Series S (It also happened in Xbox One)
G Pro Wireless
Anne Pro 2

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:43 PM - 06/06/22 »
Which game config is used?

If you're using the latest Manager from the app store then factory resetting XIM4 should fix any compatibility related issues between firmware and Manager.

Admin