XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim won’t work after controller update  (Read 149 times)

Offline Diabeto.116

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: III ARES II
I’ve had my xim for about a year and haven’t used it for a few months tried to use it today and it was all bugged out pressing one button it would open the “clip that” on my Xbox menu would activate the narrator in the Xbox settings could change contras on my settings changed it between day and night settings would activate the magnifier and it was all from clicking the button (D) on my keyboard I kept pressing it to try troubleshooting but it ended up completely hard resetting my Xbox on apex manager I was getting a error or something about my mouse configuration being out of date
« Last Edit: 05:04 PM - 06/29/22 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim apex not working need help
« Reply #1 on: 09:04 AM - 03/23/22 »
Welcome to the community. This seems to be caused by updating the controller firmware while XIM is connected. A fix was found by downgrading the controller firmware:

1) Unplug XIM
2) Open Xbox Assist from games & apps
3) Get Help (top left)
4) Console & Accessories > Controller > My controller has connection issues after the last update > Check controller firmware > Revert firmware

Once the firmware is reverted it can then be updated without XIM connected.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Diabeto.116

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: III ARES II
Xim won’t work after controller update
« Reply #2 on: 04:40 PM - 06/29/22 »
I updated my controller and my m&k wont work now and when I try to use it,  it opens narrator and the magnifying glass and zooms in everywhere.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim won’t work after controller update
« Reply #3 on: 05:03 PM - 06/29/22 »
This is caused by updating the controller firmware while XIM is connected. A fix was found by downgrading the controller firmware:

1) Unplug XIM
2) Open Xbox Assist from games & apps
3) Get Help (top left)
4) Console & Accessories > Controller > My controller has connection issues after the last update > Check controller firmware > Revert firmware

Once the firmware is reverted it can then be updated without XIM connected. Please know that it's been reported that some controllers are unable to downgrade. If your controller cannot downgrade it's firmware then using another controller may be needed. The controller not working now may work later if updated in a future controller update while not connected to XIM.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos