XIM Community

Modern Combat: Domniation + PS3 + XIM3 = FUN  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jedimasterone1
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
Modern Combat: Domniation + PS3 + XIM3 = FUN
« on: 12:27 AM - 02/19/11 »
Just to let you all know, if you have a PS3, 8 bucks, and XIM, you are in for a treat. Since my Xbox went to the infamous MS Repair Center in the sky, I was left with no friend for my XIM. Since most of my shooter purchases are on the Xbox and PC, I had nothing to do but stare and smell my wonderful new XIM.

But lo and behold, I found out about the $8 shooter Modern Combat and boy is it fun. And with XIM, it made killing a breeze. Enough so that in only my third game I was tops at the end of a game.

So if you have a PS3, XIM, and 8 bones, go and try the game. Oh yeah, the game does have a demo to get you going -- although you can't play offline until you purchase it which sucks when you are trying to get XIM configured. Nevertheless, it is definitely worth the dough. Enjoy!

Offline Mouse N Keybord

• MVP
  • Got XIM?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mouse N Keybord
Re: Modern Combat: Domniation + PS3 + XIM3 = FUN
« Reply #1 on: 12:33 AM - 02/19/11 »
LOL ...must admit for $8 that isn't bad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btKg02n1ulc
Watch me on Twitch.tv: http://twitch.tv/TeamXIM
TeamXIM Schedule: http://www.tinyurl.com/ximsched

Offline PhilAshio

• MVP
  • Troll in the Mist, 4fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:30 AM - 02/19/11 »
There are a lot of F2P PC games that also knock off MW that I would pay $15 to play on XBL.

Offline dustinhayes702

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:41 AM - 02/19/11 »
what exactly you need to get xim3 working with ps3?  thanks

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:14 PM - 02/19/11 »
Although XIM3 is not officially supported for the PS3, you can use any Ps3 Xbox 360 controller adapter to recognize XIM -- such as the one I ordered here (which is used by other XIMers): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042SB2I0.

So if you want to play on the PS3, this is all you need for now. Enjoy!

Offline giveemhellSD

• Never Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:00 PM - 02/19/11 »
Although XIM3 is not officially supported for the PS3, you can use any Ps3 Xbox 360 controller adapter to recognize XIM -- such as the one I ordered here (which is used by other XIMers): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042SB2I0.

So if you want to play on the PS3, this is all you need for now. Enjoy!

Wow, thats cool!

I use the same adapter with my "XIM1" on my PS3, but I wasn't expecting my "XIM3" to work as well. 

Offline SiNister

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:32 PM - 02/19/11 »
Just to let you all know, if you have a PS3, 8 bucks, and XIM, you are in for a treat. Since my Xbox went to the infamous MS Repair Center in the sky, I was left with no friend for my XIM. Since most of my shooter purchases are on the Xbox and PC, I had nothing to do but stare and smell my wonderful new XIM.

But lo and behold, I found out about the $8 shooter Modern Combat and boy is it fun. And with XIM, it made killing a breeze. Enough so that in only my third game I was tops at the end of a game.

So if you have a PS3, XIM, and 8 bones, go and try the game. Oh yeah, the game does have a demo to get you going -- although you can't play offline until you purchase it which sucks when you are trying to get XIM configured. Nevertheless, it is definitely worth the dough. Enjoy!

what smart translator did you use for this game?

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:58 PM - 02/19/11 »

what smart translator did you use for this game?
Made my own. This is what I have so far:

Deadzone: 8200 Circ
Primary: 15.75
Secondary: 17.00
X & Y ratio: 1.25
Acc: -0.40
Diag: 0
Smootheness: 0

This is for my G500 set at 5700dpi. So far it is ok. I still really need to work with it to get it just right. But overall, it ain't bad. If anyone has better please post. I am always looking for the best config I can find!

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #8 on: 07:05 PM - 02/19/11 »
ahah already knew about this. the game is a clear CS modern copy-cat so its only natural for it to be fun.. i just find that the weapons accuracy is crazy low,does that improve enough over weapons upgrades?
soon..

Offline sin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:15 PM - 02/19/11 »
Would try it out if i had a PS3 trying to get one lol. WAITING TO buy a XIM3...

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #10 on: 09:31 PM - 02/19/11 »
Would try it out if i had a PS3 trying to get one lol. WAITING TO buy a XIM3...

buy the PS3+Killzon3 bundle than  ;)
i'm waiting too, and so are OVER9000 more it seems  ;D
soon..

Admin