XIM Community

1000Hz mode  (Read 237 times)

Offline ttunes

• View Profile
1000Hz mode
« on: 08:04 PM - 03/14/22 »
Hello, I would like to ask if there are any plans to support 1000 Hz. Compared to my apex and a Ds4 gyro running through titan two the nexus feels a lot less responsive, even with all smoothing disabled.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: 1000Hz mode
« Reply #1 on: 10:08 PM - 03/14/22 »
DS4 can't be forced to 1000Hz, that's a myth. All you're doing is pushing 1000 data requests per second, to which it's only ever replying at 125Hz.

That said, OBsIV has said he'll look into 1000Hz over USB for PC. That'll be a true 1000Hz, not placebo.
« Last Edit: 11:53 PM - 03/14/22 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ganzneu1975

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:19 PM - 03/14/22 »
@antithesis
what polling rate should I set the t2 to for Xim Nexus?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 11:52 PM - 03/14/22 »
Set the Titan Two Input / Output Polling Rate to 125Hz for NEXUS.

Offline ttunes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:20 AM - 03/15/22 »
Thank you for the reply. I would not question your expertise, but from my user experience I sadly have to state that ds4 via bluetooth to titan 2 running a rudimentary script gives me a more responsive and "mouse-like" feel. micro-aimimng is more smooth with the nexus, but since I tested both methods side to side for several evenings and always got the better kd with the ds4/titan, I will stick to this and sell my Nexus. Maybe it has to do with some background processes, applying a smart-translator or what not. but in the end, all that matters for me is the experience and result and although I love the Nexus and have written all positive about it everywhere, going back to the ds4 after some weeks was kind of an eye-opener. sorry...

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:39 AM - 03/15/22 »
Thank you for the reply. I would not question your expertise, but from my user experience I sadly have to state that ds4 via bluetooth to titan 2 running a rudimentary script gives me a more responsive and "mouse-like" feel. micro-aimimng is more smooth with the nexus, but since I tested both methods side to side for several evenings and always got the better kd with the ds4/titan, I will stick to this and sell my Nexus. Maybe it has to do with some background processes, applying a smart-translator or what not. but in the end, all that matters for me is the experience and result and although I love the Nexus and have written all positive about it everywhere, going back to the ds4 after some weeks was kind of an eye-opener. sorry...

I believe the responsiveness that you're describing could be because of the bluetooth connection to the Titan Two. I can clearly tell a difference between using a DS4/DualSense connected to a regular USB bluetooth dongle and the Titan Two bluetooth when using Gyro on PC.

Unfortunately the Xim Nexus outputs as an Xbox 360 controller over bluetooth (I'm guessing) and the bluetooth module of Titan Two is unable to pair with the Nexus as a result, rendering us unable to check if there could be an advantage to having the Nexus directly paired with the Titan Two bluetooth module for an increased "feel" of responsiveness.

Sadly the developer of Titan Two hasn't been active on his website for a year now and the updates have stopped as well, so it may very well be that we will never see bluetooth compatibility for the Xim Nexus.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 05:46 AM - 03/15/22 »
Jefferson's still plugging away, but his supply chain has been obliterated, just like all small manufacturers. He's been waiting on parts for Titan Two since October.

He's focused on the MZ Titan controllers in the meantime as the chips for the Titan Eos chip are still available and Sony & MS seem to have no problems sourcing controller parts. Man's gotta eat, so his priorities are on the things that are making him money.

He was also working on a hardware solution to DualSense-locked games. I'm not sure where he's at with that, but I do know he had a working prototype and was waiting on parts for that too.

With that said, I'll flag the Bluetooth direct connection to Titan Two to Jefferson. I know the NEXUS adapter works when connected to T2, but not a direct NEXUS controller connection.

Offline gravkaw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:06 AM - 03/15/22 »
With that said, I'll flag the Bluetooth direct connection to Titan Two to Jefferson. I know the NEXUS adapter works when connected to T2, but not a direct NEXUS controller connection.

Please do! I've been using the adapter connected to the A-port and sometimes it doesn't pair with the Nexus controller for some reason, forcing me to unplug and replug the adapter (and that's with the latest firmware flashed). Being able to pair the Nexus directly to the Titan Two would be a huge boon to those of us that have the bluetooth module!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 04:01 PM - 03/15/22 »
I've been using the adapter connected to the A-port and sometimes it doesn't pair with the Nexus controller for some reason, forcing me to unplug and replug the adapter (and that's with the latest firmware flashed).

This is something we are actively working on fixing right now. It's our top priority.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Admin