XIM Community

Possible to use XIM Nexus through PC remote play client with a dualsense?  (Read 289 times)

Offline sidezero

• View Profile
I don't have a DS4v2 on hand and whenever I try this configuration with a dualsense my Nexus adapter flashes red then purple and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to windows every second or so.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Sorry, XIM NEXUS current doesn't support Dualsense.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
I don't have a DS4v2 on hand and whenever I try this configuration with a dualsense my Nexus adapter flashes red then purple and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to windows every second or so.

Do you mean using Dual Sense (PS5 controller) to remote play to PS5?

Offline sidezero

• View Profile

Do you mean using Dual Sense (PS5 controller) to remote play to PS5?

Exactly. It seems this was possible with XIM Apex based on the remote play guide in the forum so I assumed it would be the same here which appears to not be the case.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Exactly. It seems this was possible with XIM Apex based on the remote play guide in the forum so I assumed it would be the same here which appears to not be the case.

I don't think it's officially supported but I've been playing Forbidden West(Horizon PS4 St) since release with the Nexus via remote play on PC. Using main display from PS5 of course. 

This is how I've set it up, doesn't always work 100% but gets the job done most of the time.

- Turn Off DS
- Make sure Xim Nexus is unplugged from PC
- Open PS Remote Play App and connect
- With DS connected to Nexus, Turn on DS then plug Nexus to PC
- Profit

With PC's there are so many variables but also make sure no other controller is connected/plugged in.

Give that a try.

Offline sidezero

• View Profile

I don't think it's officially supported but I've been playing Forbidden West(Horizon PS4 St) since release with the Nexus via remote play on PC. Using main display from PS5 of course. 

This is how I've set it up, doesn't always work 100% but gets the job done most of the time.

- Turn Off DS
- Make sure Xim Nexus is unplugged from PC
- Open PS Remote Play App and connect
- With DS connected to Nexus, Turn on DS then plug Nexus to PC
- Profit

With PC's there are so many variables but also make sure no other controller is connected/plugged in.

Give that a try.

Appreciate the run down! Do you happen to have your dualsense polling overclocked? This method has me closer than before but I'm running into flashing purple lights.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Appreciate the run down! Do you happen to have your dualsense polling overclocked? This method has me closer than before but I'm running into flashing purple lights.

No overclock with the dual sense.  You might need to connect the dual sense to PC first to let it get drivers etc. along with being fully charged. Also may need to check if other usb's work better, maybe a 2.0 port if you have one.

Offline sidezero

• View Profile

No overclock with the dual sense.  You might need to connect the dual sense to PC first to let it get drivers etc. along with being fully charged. Also may need to check if other usb's work better, maybe a 2.0 port if you have one.

Got this working finally. Thanks again for all your help. I'm noticing some strange left and right drift issues when using gyro aiming up and down I didn't notice previously but this may be related to using a PS4 ST for a PS5 game. Did you happen to notice anything similar with your setup?

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
It's hard to say as I never had a chance to test the Nexus with PS4 in addition to using a PS4 ST for PS5 games.  I think I remember reading that even though you play PS4 games on the PS5, there may be differences in aiming behavior since it's not "native".

That being said, are you using ethernet for both PC and PS5?  If not, would suggest doing that as it may be due to network interference.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Got this working finally. Thanks again for all your help. I'm noticing some strange left and right drift issues when using gyro aiming up and down I didn't notice previously but this may be related to using a PS4 ST for a PS5 game. Did you happen to notice anything similar with your setup?
Could be either the PS4 ST or the overclocking. I've tried some PS4 configs in PS5 games and the STs were way off, e.g Genshin Impact feels spot on for PS4 but really janky for PS5. NEXUS & APEX will need game-specific STs on PS5 for some titles.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline sidezero

• View Profile
Could be either the PS4 ST or the overclocking. I've tried some PS4 configs in PS5 games and the STs were way off, e.g Genshin Impact feels spot on for PS4 but really janky for PS5. NEXUS & APEX will need game-specific STs on PS5 for some titles.

In this case it was with Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War. I suspect it was how I was sitting in a recliner that leans pretty far back. Once I adjusted seating it seems a lot better. The PS5 controller isn't actually overclocked. Really digging this product though. I've never been much of a controller player but I'm already starting to get the hang of it and doing a lot better than usual with just stick aiming.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
Nice!  Wait until you play back with a normal controller. It's the funniest sensation when you wonder why your aim won't move lol

Admin