XIM Community

Series X - Minecraft gyro drift and GTA V profile doesn't work  (Read 223 times)

Offline BynoShadow

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Byno Shadow
Minecraft on the Series X has drift and I can't make it go away no matter what I do.

GTA V crashes the controller when writing to the controller and if I try again, it writes, but crashes the controller when switching gyro on.

The controller is fantastic, but these two games don't seem to work

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Oh that's strange, thanks for reporting this. We haven't looked at Minecraft in awhile and nothing should ever be crashing the controller so will look at this as well. Which GTA version are you using? Regular or FPS?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, turns there was a bug in the GTV translator, thanks for finding this! We will be releasing an update soon.

I'll also ask mist4fun to do an aiming system check on Minecraft.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ok, turns there was a bug in the GTV translator, thanks for finding this! We will be releasing an update soon.

I'll also ask mist4fun to do an aiming system check on Minecraft.

Regarding GTAV ... would that bug also apply to xim apex?

I ask because I used to play GTAV a lot with the apex when it first came out and it played ok ... I went back to play it after a long break from it and it was unplayable in the 3rd person view.

I mentioned it at the time ... to be able to play it I had to switch from the xbox one ST to the xbox 360 ST.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, the reason it was found is because XIM NEXUS has more verification checks in it compared to XIM APEX. So, the bug still occurred on XIM APEX but was never surfaced. Basically the bug is such that sometimes when you turn, at certain turn angles, you'd get stutter. We did a check and about 15 other games were affected too -- but, most of them are really old games on X360. GTAV was the only one on X1. On PS4, FarCry 4. We will get this all updated -- again, thank you for reporting!

Offline BynoShadow

• View Profile
Hype! Thank you! Also, I figured out Minecraft. I was using Minecraft and not Minecraft Bedrock Edition. It was user error. Thank you so much for looking into it. I can't wait to check out gyro on GTA

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
GTA was just released (please download the latest games update that came out today). Thanks for verifying Minecraft! I'll update the game setting notes to state specifically that it's Bedrock Edition.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Oh nevermind, you meant you were using the wrong Config. Understood. :)

Offline BynoShadow

• View Profile
Just tried GTA V in third person mode and something's wrong. It tends to jump around by itself. It feels exactly like Minecraft Bedrock does if you use the normal Minecraft translator, if you want to see what I mean. I've adjusted deadzones, acceleration, sensitivity, everything. It feels like it's drifting by itself.

No other game does this if the correct translator is selected. What could be causing this?

Thank you for being so communicative

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Does FPS mode do this as well?

Offline BynoShadow

• View Profile
No, first person is totally fine with the first person ST. I tried the normal ST and it moves in like a zig zag pattern when I move the controller. Like directly upward ends up being upwards-in-a-z-shape.

The first person ST also has like a drift to it in third person. Obvi they're designed separately for a reason, I just figured more info is better than less

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, sounds like we will need to do aim mechanic check on it. I'll let mist4fun know.

Offline BynoShadow

• View Profile
I appreciate that :)