XIM Community

Precision rings.  (Read 270 times)

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
Precision rings.
« on: 08:55 AM - 02/26/22 »
Never even knew that these Kontrolfreeks resistance ring things existed, they look Iike they cost around 0.003p to manufacture, but retail for around a tenner. Not that this is a cost Vs worth post btw. Has anyone got/used these rings on their Nexus sticks, and do they have any merit?
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Precision rings.
« Reply #1 on: 07:35 PM - 02/26/22 »
These thing are also called Aim Assist Rings. They’re complete crap.

They’re just rings of plastic or rubber placed over the top of the base of analog sticks. All they do is restrict movement of the sticks and create unpredictable movement as uneven force is required to overcome the resistance.

I sold these as Stick Drift Neutralisers as they’re so stiff that they can hold an analog stick in a position that is off-centre.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 PM - 02/26/22 »
Try putting them around your tip instead of the base. It helps make things stiff and soft for better aim.

Offline PingThing

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Pingthing
  • PSN ID: pingthing
« Reply #3 on: 02:15 AM - 03/02/22 »
Hmmmm, probably the worst £4.99 I have ever spent, they are horrendous,,,, I should have listened,. , Evidently.
It don't mean a Thing if you ain't got that Ping.

Offline CodeFuzion

• Gaming is life
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CodeFuzion
  • PSN ID: CodeFuzion
« Reply #4 on: 12:18 PM - 03/02/22 »
I got these too - and they are ok-ish with the regular Xbox controller - I gave them to my wife for Minecraft and it helps her overshooting - but for the Xim Nexus - they are not good at all - they dont fit right and cause you to lose 20-30% movement in sticks - do not use for Xim Nexus. Besides, what is the point of precision sticks when the sticks are just used for coarse aim.
I reject your reality and substitute in my own - PolymorphicViewpoint

Senior Solution Architect / Cloud Architect / Director of Cybersecurity

Offline LITHE

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • Instagram @gregrosolowski
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kent C Strait
« Reply #5 on: 04:25 PM - 03/02/22 »
They remind me of the razer mamba for 360 that used to have adjustable tension. Pretty much the same concept but built under the dome of the stick. I remember the resistance on the mamba was unpredictable when cranked up. I left it on the loose tension which essentially meant it was disengaged.

Anyways I'd stay away from those because they'll limit your range of motion, it looks by a significant margin too. Your better off having full usable range of the stick then restricting the range for some added resistance.

Admin