XIM Community

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Topics - mjfame

Pages: 1 [2] 3
16
2018.04.20:

This update to state that I do like the G502 quite a bit but admittedly I may have jumped the gun a little. By that I mean the weight of it has gotten to me a bit after several days of use.. Further reading and playtesting has lead me to believe that the G502 may add a touch of extra smoothing and acceleration at higher DPI levels.. Nothing like other brands, though.. Seems that the G Pro and G403 are the only two Logitech 3366 mice that claim ZERO additional "enhancements" across all DPI steps.. That said the G502 also seems to perform better for me at 500Hz and any DPI really but I've experienced more stable and responsive gameplay on a cloth speedpad by keeping the DPI below 7200 for XIM gameplay. The sweet-spot felt as if it were 4000 or less. For optimal performance I would now recommend that for hard mousepads you limit your DPI to 6400 or less and for cloth pads limit DPI to 3200 or less. A couple of hrs spent testing sensor tracking in Windows Paint produced best results @800DPI so that's something to consider for PC gaming with it. Finally, it wouldn't be a bad idea to purchase a set of replacement mouse skates (the thinner .2mm) and stick them onto the existing ones in order to raise the height just a bit to prevent extra drag on cloth pads. It's still an excellent XIM mouse that hasn't demonstrated any synchronization issues for me and it has more than enough extra buttons (if that is a concern of yours) Other than that I feel that everything else that I had mentioned is pretty spot-on..

As always, much of this information that is based on my own personal experiences which may or may not be useful to you in some way. At the very least this should help to shortcut you to your destination.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have a G403 on the way from Amazon so I will update with information pertaining to that device as I see fit. The G403 seemed like a very safe choice for me as I really enjoy the Basilisk form-factor and the two devices share many ergonomic similarities however the G403 has the better sensor implementation and it is positioned further forward and more centered on the G403 than it is on the Basilisk. That in addition to the g403 being 19g lighter should which should produce better flick-shots.

Speaking of Amazon... Aside from licensed items (such as software) Amazon will accept returns for just about any item sold by them directly within 30-days whether it has been opened and used or not (if you don't already know that). It's a great way to give these peripherals a test-run without very much risk (if at all, any). Have a great day.



I will begin by stating that any previous insight that I have contributed (no matter how unconventional) was shared for educational purposes. It was shared because of the time and effort that I had poured into R&D and some of the discoveries made were interesting. This in no way means that my way is THE way because I believe that we all will agree that every individual's preference is their own and for the most part their setup is unique.


Those days are over because I am now the proud owner of the Logitech G502 and I understand why it is highly preferred by the XIM community. This brief recommendation is for anyone who does not own this magnificent gem.


Prior to 2018.04.15 I used a Razer Deathadder Elite and a Razer Basilisk which both sport a PMW3389 sensor which if I'm not mistaken is a derivative of the PMW3366 that is used in select Logitech devices. The Razer PMW3389 sensor tops out at 16kDPI with additional smoothing (dropped frames & latency). The Logitech 3366 sensor produces 12kDPI resolution in the purest form available with the bare minimum 2frames of smoothing at any DPI value with some (but not all) of the devices that are equipped with it.

This makes a huge difference in performance when paired with your XIM.

Naturally, I spent the entire first day testing a wide variety of DPI and polling rates on Windows Paint , PC Games and XIM APEX (Mostly with XIM). I will say that on PC the Logitech running at 12k didn't seem special to me from the limited amount of testing. 800DPI felt the best to me in this environment but this isn't why I made this purchase.



I'm just going to make this short and sweet because after 24hrs of ownership I feel that the G502's performance speaks for itself and should be experienced by every XIM user.

The G502 and the XIM are a match made in heaven.

Disregard the fact that the G502 scroll wheel is a bit loose and that it is a bit on the heavier side. I can't stress this enough. These two issues postponed my purchase but these became irrelevant after a few minutes of use due to how well it performs.

The mouse feels better in the hand than it looks in the photos. It's ergonomic form-factor and quite similar to the shape of the Basilisk. So many buttons and they're all within reach.

On-board memory can store everything on up to 3 seperate profiles with multiple DPI-steps on each profile. Every button is reprogrammable. Macros can be stored to memory. Polling rate can be set to 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1,000Hz. Lighting stored on-board if that interests you.


Basically, if you seek a better XIM experience it's as simple as:

1. Purchase Logitech G502.

2. Configure G502 for 12kDPI @1,000Hz and store to on-board memory.

3. Enjoy.

Seriously, it's that simple and makes that much of a difference. Since completing my R&D period and determining that it actually is best to set for maximum DPI & polling rate I have eased right into every game I have played with nothing fancy by setting a sensitivity and just playing. Vanilla STs no ballistics no smoothing. Performance is unrivaled based on previous devices used with XIM and Titan over the years. It's great..

If you don't own a Logitech mouse with a 3366 sensor and aren't completely comfortable with your XIM configs and their performance.. Spending more time tinkering than actually enjoying your gaming sessions, then rest assured this is your answer. No snake-oil here. Just a device that is more pure and highly tunable to the on-board memory.


THANKS LOGITECH, You got me playing again!



@#$% you MJ!!! I've been on the fence for a few weeks now about purchasing this mouse. Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. I feel like I really love the Razer Naga Hex V2 and don't know what all the fuss is about but reading this forum will give you a RAZER inferiority complex. You convinced me to give it a go. That and my good buddy swears by the @#$% G502. I'm excited to give it a go.


lolollll at your comment..

seriously  i'm so hyper-sensitive to timing inaccuracies and latency and that's a major reason why i seem to spend more time tinkering than i do actually gaming these days.. the 3366 sensor in Logitech's G502 and a few other Logitech mice has been a godsend for me. I did spend the entire first day tinkering to get a good read on the behavior of how it performed under different conditions but it only took one session to ultimately use the 12kDPI 1kHz that it was supposedly the best at handling for XIM. And that's 12k 1kHz on a cloth pad, btw which is impressive imh. And as I said since completing that test run I haven't done anything but set sensitivity once and close app then GAAAAAAAME   no adjustments whatsoever not even smoothing. it's like my XIM is on easy-mode now lol.. the thing really is the champ when it comes to handling console x-over. you're going to love it. I mean the bossman uses it and i would bet about half of the active members are using a 3366 sensor also due to its popularity around here. might as well strike a deal with Logitech and just bundle the XIM with the 3366 Gs. i'm just sorry i waited so long but definitely felt the need to shout it out for people like me who have been gaming on other devices.

just set it for 12k and 1000hz no smoothing and lower your sens until micro movements don't feel choppy..

for reference i'm currently running Beta20180402fw + Vanilla ST and no ballistic , 60fps games on common sync and my sens has been at 4.8hip and around 3ads. Halo 3 (mcc) is 85% of that so that's 4.08..  30fps games on slow sync.



let me know what you think.


I currently own the following mice (not returning any of them either because I like having variety, who cares right)?

Logitech G403 Wired and Wireless
Zowie EC2-A
Zowie EC2-B
SteelSeries Rival 600
SteelSeries Rival 700

After testing them all. I would say I enjoy the Zowie mice the most. Using the ec2a and b the most. Especially for PC gaming. Unfortunately they max out at 3200 DPI. It is nice to have a mouse that can hit 12k, just for mental stability lmao even though 3200 is fine.

Something about the G502 makes me wonder why everybody uses it. Who knows. Maybe it is "the mouse for the XIM". or it's just all preference.

But after reading your post... I ordered one on sale on Amazon. Thanks. Lol. Like I needed anymore gaming mice. But... When the hype is real, the hype is real.

Ain't nothing wrong with collecting mice   i aspire to pull the trigger on a Zowie FK2 one of these days because the DA Elite is currently the lightest mouse that i own and would love to have a nice finger-tipper. RocketJumpNinja loves that thing and that's good enough for me. i was under the assumption that any 3366 mouse from Logitech would offer the same level of performance as the G502.. your g403 has the same sensor but i've read reports of it feeling less consistent and laggier so i wonder..

at this point, i do believe that it's the mouse to own for x-over gaming in general and ya i'm hyping it up but i'm not easy to please it deserves all the praise in the world for actually getting me back to gaming thanks to my satisfaction with its performance  lol. might as well paint it red and stamp the word easy on it :D


Very first Halo CE match on Derelict with the G502. Been a long time since I scored a perfection or even felt comfortable enough to do so with a mouse instead of a controller.




After day 2 I feel that 12kDPI / 1000Hz best suits sync-free configs while 800DPI / 1000Hz performs nicely with Default, Common, Slow sync.

17
Amazon just happens to be selling the Spectrum version of the G502 at a 34% discount, today. Appears to be a WalMart price-match. Currently sold out until the April 15th but now would be a great time to purchase a G502 if it is on your shopping list.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Spectrum-Shifting-Personalized-Programmable/dp/B019OB663A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523501499&sr=8-3&keywords=g502

18
Game Support / [XB1] BF1 + AA enabled [Velocity Mod]
« on: 06:47 AM - 04/07/18 »
First and foremost I would like to state that none of this would be possible without the brilliant minds at TEAM XIM who have produced the top-tier translator on the market and who continue to train ST's and lay the foundation by provide our community with basic Vanilla ST's to work with.

Having been a Gtuner user prior to owning XIM APEX has allowed me to appreciate those efforts.

BF1's Aim-Assist is way too overpowered to not take advantage of it. The game is programmed to only provide rotational assistance when detecting user input. Therefore, it is most important to ensure that your micro-movements are smooth and free of performance gaps and, to be honest, this should be priority number one with any config.. Remember that we are using digital peripherals to emulate analog fluidity. TEAM XIM provides everyone with a decrypted aiming model to use as we see fit. Many will detest to my method by stating that the default ST is enough on its own while failing to understand that although aiming feels 1:1 that default ST's don't match mouse DPI to analog velocity as precisely as necessary. Treat this as a Vanilla ST for the game-engine plus the necessary layer of polish for better hardware-emulation. Once again, we will be applying a velocity adjustment via the most extreme vanilla ballistic that is achievable with the XIM APEX. This provides several benefits. It preserves the basic nature of the vanilla ST but compresses it by 98% from step-1 of the Ballistic Editor. This allows the user to utilize an extremely low multiplier (typically below 1.0). This converts to a much greater dot-for-dot tracking resolution due to the mitigation of the majority of the multiplier and over-saturating it with your peripheral's raw mouse data. By doing so, it ensures that each and every one of your swipes is consistently snappy and buttery smooth. This will work best with extremely high DPI mice and should require no smoothing, whatsoever.

(Lower DPI peripherals may require ballistic decompression. Determine the correct ballistic for your setup by first wiping applied custom ballistic to begin with the vanilla ST. From the second step on the X-axis (4% Default) you would then slide the vertical slider to the maximum of 100%, adjust your sensitivity multiple and test.. If necessary, wipe custom ballistic and repeat the process from the third step (6% Default) and so on... Repeat as necessary until satisfied and consider using this approach for each and every one of your new configs for every game. Some smoothing may be required but take notice that a ballistic will dramatically affect smoothing behavior. As is with the sensitivity multiplier, the steeper the ballistic the more pronounced the smoothing per-step. An extremely compressed ST ballistic is capable of negating the need to use smoothing, at all. For example, if you were using the maximum smoothing value of 20 with your old config ,applied this ballistic and then correctly adjusted your sensitivity multiplier you may discover that even the minimum smoothing value of 1 may be too intrusive.)

Disable the ADS translator on the Xim Manager & enable Uniform Soldier Aiming in the Advanced Controls options menu. Begin by utilizing the default Coefficient value of 133% at default FoV or 178% @90FoV envisioned with  'quotes' . If you generally use low-zoom setups (2.5x or less) then I would recommend scaling the coefficient down to as low as 100% to provide a smoother overall tracking experience. Disable the ADS translator on the Xim Manager.


Screen:


Ballistic:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AACnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Full Config:
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Battlefield 1] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

DPI Calculator:
http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/




what exactly should this config achieve?

your ballistic curve is basically multiplying your xim sensitivity, while i can only estimate the factor its no different to eg using a xim sensitivity of say 30 with a default ballistic curve (if your factor is around 30)
also both BF1 and BF4 have a different aiming mechanic for ADS, using your HIP translator for ADS will only reduce your accuracy

the only advantage i can see here is the increase of aim assist you get buy using the HIP translator for the ADS mechanic as you have a little bit of acceleration and velocity smoothing, but it only works as the HIP and ADS mechanic are somewhat close to each other

overall there are better ways to achieve more aim assist without compromising your aim accuracy

Look, i know that you're a major player on these forums and i'm not trying to force anything on you or anyone else.. i share information such as this because it's virtually unknown so i am making it available for others to use it or lose it. What's important is that it's out in the wild for everyone to add into their bag of tricks. i always try my hardest to provide an explanation what is achieved by doing so and why i believe it to be a more appropriate method for reaching the end-result. it's a contribution but that's where it ends. i will not benefit from another doing exactly as i however i feel obligated to raise awareness rather than to keep this to myself.

it's a fidelity improvement for the overall translation output. used to correct analog velocity conversion mismatches. it's not designed to destroy the ST but rather to more precisely utilize your DPI for the hardware conversion. cleaner velocity conversion equals higher translation accuracy.

 I understand that this is difficult to understand at a glance because on paper it seems a bit extravagant but this is a form of equalization. i use similar ballistics when playing other titles and without AA as well. You could opt to not utilize Uniform Soldier Aiming and use the ADS config from within XIM Manager and this would work just as well. I just prefer to tune a title's advanced options when made available especially with games such as BF and TF since they offer PC-like options seldom available on console.

i've been a PC gamer since the 1980's and a controller shooter gamer since the beginning and based on my own experiences via tens-of-thousands (if not hundreds) of completed MP matches. these types of configs do a better job of providing a level of mouse output that feels closer to how it should feel natively on PC which i attest to tricking these devices into pouring a more refined level resolution into the translation in order to better mimic the hardware that it is emulating -which is analog in nature.

Anyone who is able to properly perceive the on-screen differences regarding motion resolution of an analog television compared to a digital display should understand this logic. (for the record i'm not referencing display processing latency but rather the nature of the two formats)

Now, I understand that the controller itself is digital however the mechanism that the digital information is derived from is not. The digital mechanism is expecting human input from an analog source before routing it digitally to the console. The information that analog provides to be converted to digital is constant and without interruption.

Since analog outputs a constant wave of current and digital outputs 1's , 0's & pauses then it's best to devise tricks to essentially increase the resolution of the digital information so that it's more tightly woven and reaches a point that performance gaps (pauses) are so rapid and miniscule that they no longer negatively affect the emulation output.

This is most important but not limited to the beginning of the curve for the fine-aiming where user input is more conservative and has a greater chance to break performance. Coincidentally the fine-aim is the most important for the player in-game and tends to be the #1 problem area with translations. This is an indicator that there isn't enough DPI resolution being utilized in this area. At extremely high DPI levels, this works better than smoothing ever could and without the delay associated with it on XIM APEX and other less-capable translators.

How you use this information is up to you. Best of luck.

19
Use the DPI Calculator, if necessary:
http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/

This config has been tuned to perform exceptionally well without the use of aim assist, however, you may use this config with it enabled as well.

Screenshots:

More Smooth


Less Smooth



Zero Smooth


v1 Ballistic) 0% - 10% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 40 (Some smoothing may be required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Full Configuration // v1 Ballistic (Zero Smooth):
Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Call of Duty: WWII] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<


SEE it in ACTION!

Every version of this config was used at various times during this demonstration. Aim Assist was DISABLED throughout.




Update #1 - v2 Ballistic + SLOW Sync with AA - Disabled


v2 Ballistic) 0% - 4% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 100 (little to no smoothing required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<


Update #2 - v3 Ballistic + SLOW Sync with AA - Disabled


v3 Ballistic) 0% - 2% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 200 (no smoothing required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AACnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

SEE it in ACTION!



Like seeing someone else with 'Slow' sync on WWII.. I have been using it for a while and i love it.

Ditto.  ;D


Don't get why you would wanna disable Aim Assist though but whatever works for you!  :)

The AA in WW2 is too aggressive for my liking. I play better without it. Aim assist works well-enough but it's also unnecessary for mouse-play and I would like to believe that there are at least a few other players with PC roots who prefer to play without AA when the option is available. Zero AA is no fun on console if the translation is poor, however, it plays about the same as PC when the translation is accurate enough. This config gets the job done and it feels fantastic.


It makes sense to use heavy slowdown and auto-rotation for controller-play and although it theoretically works with mouse-play it often disrupts performance.

Every PC game and every console game that allows aim assist to be disabled still has a bubble around your opponent that must be broken through. Your crosshair still vacuums to your target as you break through that barrier. There is a subtle amount of friction as well. It's essentially a baseline form of aim assist that has been tuned for mouse-play and it's enough to maintain control just as the heavy AA does for controllers. Most PC gamers won't admit it but it's true. Aim assist is a part of gaming on all platforms in that regard. It's just more noticeable on console because controller AA is more pronounced.

I'm not attempting to force you out of your comfort zone but I will still state that it is natural to believe that the you can't play without aim assist when you're accustomed to using it. Once you disable it and log a few matches you will begin to adjust and realize that when enabled it hinders your performance.

The vanilla curve needs an adjustment to perform more in-line with the way that PC-native mouse does at the low-end while still providing enough top-end speed. Copy and paste the provided ballistic attached in the OP and you should have a smooth gaming experience after stripping AA from the game.

20
Game Support / [Insight] Introduction to Synchronization
« on: 09:44 AM - 04/02/18 »
First I would like to personally thank TEAM XIM for implementing the ability to alter the synchronization of our device to the game engine.
This has proven useful specifically for the BUNGiE // 343i game engines. A welcome addition, indeed.


Synchronization has proven incredibly useful.. Early on I treated this as framerate synchronization but have since concluded that choosing a setting is deeper than that.. Reaching this revelation immediately provided a sense of excitement and a newfound appreciation for this type of implementation. There is a bit of mystique embedded within each and every game engine so it takes a bit of trial & error to determine the best setting for each title but I am thankful that this is offered and I am hopeful that this will remain a permanent offering.



SYNCHRONIZATION Chart:
OFF = Original APEX Vanilla FW (NoSync)
DEFAULT = 120cycles/sec
COMMON = 60cycles/sec
SLOW = 30cycles/sec
(A SMOOTHING value of 0 typically works best with this setting)



///As of 20180324 BETA Build: SYNCHRONIZATION
The Synchronization functionality has been designed and implemented as a means to better align your XIM APEX with the game engines input-loop. DO NOT base your choice on a title's frame-rate because there are many underlying factors that will require a fair amount of trial & error testing in order to determine which setting is best suited for the engine. These factors include variables such as keyframing and various tick-rates that generally run at half of the native refresh rate. If when playing a title performance seems off then it would be in your best interest to test each setting and pay attention to fidelity of player tracking and hit registration. Certain titles utilize extremely precise timing mechanisms that should be matched for the best possible gaming experience. Many other titles aren't as finicky and in those cases this won't be a game-breaking decision.


Here's a few examples:


The BUNGiE // 343i game engine is one of, if not, THE most important engines to properly synchronize with. The main factor is due to the complexity of the engine's aiming model coupled with the longer time-to-kill.. Every single one of the Halo titles will perform at their best with synchronization set for 30Hz [SLOW]. This includes the 60FPS MCC versions on XB1 , Halo 2 Anniversary & Halo 5. What's interesting is that the 30Hz synchronization loop corrects the imperfections I've always noticed with the MCC versions of older 30FPS titles and brings them in-line with their original counterparts (Especially H3 and H:CE).
I have not tested Destiny 1 or Destiny 2 but I have been working closely with translation of the entire collection since before I became a XIM owner and logic would dictate that the same synchronization rule should apply for these titles as well.


An extremely fast-paced game such as DOOM fairs well using the OFF (NoSync) or the DEFAULT [120Hz] values. When playing without Aim-Assist NoSync + a smoothing value between 0-3 // between 5 to 10 with Aim-Assist ENABLED.
While I'm on the subject I would like to point out that, as of BETA Build 20180328, Smoothing feels a bit more aggressive to me compared to BETA Build 20180324. Prior to this build I had been using the maximum value of 20 regularly but have since refrained from pushing it beyond 10. I am hopeful that a future revision will stretch out the original 20 by offering a higher fidelity incremental system of 0-100.


Call of Duty titles are powered via a heavily modified version of the archaic "id Tech 3" game-engine and seems to benefit most from the use of the 30Hz synchronization, however, the engine generally works well-enough while using any synchronization value.

BF1 @30Hz


Your decision will ultimately boil down to your own personal preference, however, I shared this insight as a means to redefine your outlook on the subject matter.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.









i have set Halo 5 to 60fps COMMON, so changing to 30fps SLOW would be better? even though the game runs on 60 fps?

Let me first address this by stating that having logged 10's of thousands of Halo 3 matches on the Xbox 360 and switching to MCC version I have never felt comfortable with the timings of the converted version. It feels as though no compensations were made on the back-end for the framerate enhancement.The mismatched timings work well enough because 30 divides evenly into 60, however, the complexity of the aiming model that Halo uses negatively affects the entire system of the entire models aim-assist behavior. By that I'm referring to fidelity of auto-rotation and player tracking which degrades magnetism and hit-detection. A great example of this is to log a few matches of H3 on X360 and rack up some magnum kills and pay close attention to your accuracy then switch to the MCC version of H3 and do the same. Use a native controller while doing so for both in order to eliminate any discrepancies.

Now, I realize that H5 is not a remastered or altered game and that it has natively supported 60FPS since launch, however, the input loop timings are seemingly identical to the timings of past installments. This is most-likely the way that future installments will continue to behave. They will continue to evolve to some degree but the core or the Megalo Script will seemingly remain intact in order to preserve its nature.   The game runs at 60FPS the engine still uses the same 30Hz elements that it has since the 30FPS days. Don't get me wrong, H5 feels great with any sync option enabled however the tracking and AA behavior should feel best using the SLOW setting. This should be easier to identify while tracking moving vehicles, sniping and using high fire-rate weapons such as the Covenant Carbine. Give it a try and divide your sens by 2 if switching from COMMON.



Previous Thread: ADVANCED CONCEPT
[TUT] Superior Translation via Unorthodox Method (Performance Tweak)
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=64033.msg674700#msg674700

21
2018.04.25 // OUTDATED METHOD
Refer to the provided hyperlink for a more scientific and less intrusive approach.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=65540.0

DISCLAIMER:

If you own a Logitech G303, G403, G502, G900, G Pro or any other mouse with the 3366 sensor then this is not for you, exactly however this is still an option.


The following insight has been shared for educational purposes only.. The methods used were tested on Razer mice with 3389 sensor. As much as 32frames of smoothing is added at high DPI levels which causes hard starts due to the additional 6ms of input delay. Just about every mouse adds a considerable amount of smoothing at extremely high DPI levels so using ballistics similar to these combined with below avg starting sens will help to equalize your device's built-in smoothing. (smooth out the smoothing? lol) This may be of some use for users who own mice that use large amounts of hardware smoothing at high DPI levels which unfortunately is just about all of them. I recently purchased a Logitech G502 and the 3366 sensor uses the baseline 2frames of smoothing at all DPI levels which makes this translation methodology completely irrelevant.

If you game at a DPI level below 1800 (up to 2100 on some devices) on any mouse without the 3366 sensor then this is unnecessary.



Obviously, the traditional method does work but it's apparent that the chain is incomplete and I believe that it is actually the backwards approach. It is the cause for so many performance breaking, pixel-skipping and targeting imperfections. 

Today I will be demonstrating an unorthodox, yet, extremely, effective method for designing a translation.

This is an inverse translation method that i believe actually to be a more precise way to translate.

It involves using a very extreme ballistic acceleration curve with an extremely low sens multiple. Sounds scary but I assure you that once you test this you will throw everything you thought that you knew about mouse translation out the window.

This produces a much more accurate feeling of raw input via a translation that feels snappy and has virtually zero performance gaps. You will still be able to achieve that 1:1 feel but even more so. Much closer to true raw mouse as it feels when gaming on PC games that support raw mouse. This is a vanila ballistic velocity adjustment that I refer to as an accelerant because it compacts from 0 - 100 which allows for a better aligned ST which provides an overall fidelity enhancement. It is just the glue that holds it all together. The missing link if you will. This is why it works the way that it does.

The ballistic is incredibly steep and it allows the user to utilize a more appropriate starting speed to eliminate hard starts from zero through better analog velocity matching. This should be apparent to anyone who is familiar with the feel of raw mouse aiming on PC provides. Your mouse output should feel smoother and more responsive out of the gate without preventing you from reaching your desired top-end speed. Overall the handling should feel natural and accurate.

Based off of how it performs and how it feels compared to true raw native mouse I believe this method to replicate this with a noticeably higher level of execution. The resulting superior performance doesn't lie. Aim assist ON / OFF doesn't matter because it handles everything better. This works with any game and makes configuring a breeze.


I used to achieve similar performance with my Titan One using Gtuner by setting my Mouse DPI to 16,000 and setting the Gtuner DPI to 1 then working in the hundredths & thousandths columns to the right of the decimal point and the results were far superior to any commonly practiced method of translation. I'm confident that this rendition of that is the catalyst that will begin to pave the way for an even better XIM experience for everyone.

Use Max mouse DPI @ 1,000Hz and set Smoothing to 20 and set Synchronization to DEFAULT

I have provided a sample CoD WWII [XB1] config designed for use @16,000DPI // 1,000Hz // Default Synchronization to give you an idea of how this works so you can gauge your approximate sens at your DPI level..


Even if you believe that you know EVERYTHING you should try this ASAP if you haven't before translated this way. You could also ignore, acknowledge and move on but you would only be hurting yourself. I've always invested thorough R&D time into my interests. This is an act of selflessness. Rather than keep these discoveries to myself, I believe in giving back to the sharing these findings so that we all can enjoy the benefits. Who know, the devs may be able to bake this into the device so that it occurs naturally which would make our traditional configs perform even better. We all benefit from exposure.. It is the fastrack to the next big breakthrough. Enjoy yourselves.


Use the same code for HIP and for ADS and make adjustments in .01 increments
Example adjustment: If sens = .63 and you wish to test higher then set to .64 next.

v1) 0% - 10% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 40 (Some smoothing may be required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

v2) 0% - 4% Divide your vanilla ST sens by 100 (little to no smoothing required)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAH0A+gF3AfQKcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<


I would believe that I was playing the PC version using this configuration, If I didn't already know otherwise. It really does feel the way raw native feels on PC. I recommend that if you've tried disabling Aim Assist slowdown and rotation in the past but couldn't deal with it you should try it again on this config, at some point. It's fantastic.



XIM APEX is still in BETA and this should tip off the devs that a curve such as this needs to be implemented as the default ballistic so that the sens multiplier values can be set as usual. This is a more accurate representation of the way that a mouse swipe feels and performs from zero to one-hundred with raw-mouse output supported PC games. It performs better in-game with or without aim assist, with less effort and/or band-aids at the user-level. It shows that there is room for improvement and, as great as the XIM APEX is, it demonstrates that it is perfectly capable of reaching this level of performance. This provides the entire community with access to this information. It provides anyone who is involved in the development process the toolset to playtest and know exactly how it was achieved so that default behavior could be easily modified on the back-end in a future revision. That's the point.


Update #1:
Currently using these settings with NoSync and Aim Assist OFF. Diggin it.



Update #2
Evolution of Update #1 - Sens & Smoothing Adjustment + Sync-Free with AA - Disabled


Update #3 - v2 Ballistic + SLOW Sync with AA - Disabled


Here's a couple of demo-reels of my WWII gameplay using this velocity adjustment with Aim Assist Slowdown & Rotation completely disabled.
This was an enjoyable experience.. I actually played overnight through sunrise which is something that I seldom ever do anymore. I have never enjoyed playing a console game without Aim Assist until I began using this config and now I plan to always play it this way. I now believe that I will disable Aim Assist on any game that offers the option.








Your feedback is important so don't be shy and leave it all here.



Next Thread: Observations and Suggestions
[Insight] Introduction to Synchronization
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=64127.msg675310#msg675310


Previous Thread: Laying the Groundwork (Traditional Configuration Crafting)
[TUT] CONFIG CRAFTING PROTOCOL-CHAIN [READ THIS IF SEEKING ASSISTANCE]
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=63962.msg674199#msg674199





So are you saying to play without aim assist? Because in every console game I play when I turn aim assist off I still feel it but it feels worse?

Aim Assist works great by translating this way. Better in fact. So it doesn't matter if you use it or not. Due to the ballistic shift being utilized, this translation method works so much better that AA OFF performance is ridiculously better, as well compared to using the higher multiplier methods. It just feels on-point as it would if playing on PC.

Regarding the AA that you say that you feel even when it is OFF. You're feeling two things. WWII uses snap-to targeting that is always enabled. There is no way to disable it. Even with AA OFF on console shooters or on PC games that do not offer AA at all there is still a bubble around the player that requires a bit of accelerated force to break through in order to maintain tracking. There is also typically a hint of friction within that bubble. It's very subtle but it's there. A sloppier translation will have a much harder time tracking players due to the fact that the bubble is still in-play even when AA is disabled.

Now that's why I'm urging others to try AA-OFF using this translation method because disabling AA will expose the flaws of your config in obvious ways but this type of translation breaks into the AA-OFF bubble like a champ. So well that it feels like AA is still working when you initially make the turn to break into that bubble.. And if it handles AA-OFF so well then AA-ON will not be an issue either but there will be additional slowdown and auto-rotation.

I challenge everyone to setup an additional config using this method and dial itr in nice. Begin with AA-ON Test your snipes and LMGs ARs etc. for a match or two.. You will understand from the very first engagement so long as your sens is not set too high. Now, disable AA and you should still be playing very well.. You shouldn't even need to do this but just for fun.. Once you have the new config dialed in and you have  logged several matches switch back to your old config THEN share your feedback.



I had a custom curve in place but this one nails it on Overwatch . My aim assist and window size are both set at 30. I can still snap on a dime that the mechanics let's us do but while making very minsicule movements on the screen for micro adjusting. Thanks for posting this! Gonna spread this link around.

you are most welcome and thanks for backing my statements. this helps. and this will work for EVERY game because it matches the hardware behavior more appropriately..



I'm pretty sure off in the beta is actually the equivalent of the default Apex experience, not default.

YES. You are correct but I was stating that I have playtested the 120Hz setting with 60FPS titles thoroughly enough to comfortably recommend its usability.

For Beta:

OFF = Original APEX Vanilla FW (NoSync)
DEFAULT = 120cycles/sec
COMMON = 60cycles/sec
SLOW = 30cycles/sec



OMG @#$% God this is so good on overwatch!! I always felt overwatch being clunky but now it's Soo smooth thank you Soo much


I just tried this with Battlefield 4 and it absolutely feels better to me. My micro adjustments - such as when using FLIR on a DMR - are much more controlled. I am able to keep on a moving target better and get the multiple shots off for the DMR kill. This is something I've struggled with in the past. I'm going to try PubG next...

Thank you for this! I'm a programmer myself and I'm really curious as to what is going on under the hood here. If you are anywhere near Omaha, drinks are on me! :)

james


Thanks for this.

Apex has been great for me with COD WWII and Overwatch but Fortnite has been giving me fits. Tried this curve and your recommendations...this is the best Fortnite has felt to me.  Just wanted to post to say Thank You.

0.98 for both hip and ads...ads is soooo much better. Won 4 duos in a row this morning.
12,000 dpi...1,000hz...default...smoothing 20


Thank you for taking the time to potentially help the xim community to a huge degree i really appriciate all the time and effort you have put in here and will spend a day or so playing around with it and give the best feedback possible based on my experiences. Thanks again for not just keeping this too yourself.




I don't fully understand the science behind this curve but after trying MANY different settings for Fortnite this curve is a game changer for me....Close, Mid Range, Distance...all good.

It can't be just a simple sensitivity increase. This curve gives me a level of precision that I couldn't obtain before...at any range of engagement.

Rocking G502/hardpad  at 12,000/1,000hz, default, 0.98 for both hip/ads. and 20 smoothing for both. I can't imagine any better settings than these for fortnite...for me anyway.

Thanks again mjfame

You're welcome. I am fairly new to XIM but I had spent a couple of years working through translations via other devices ; lots of trial and error testing to better understand what must be done in order to more appropriately convert  controller to mouse.. What you have been experiencing is a byproduct of those efforts and it pleases me that our community will be enjoying it with me. BTW, you should try disabling controller AA whenever possible because it will now properly function and should perform even better than with it enabled.



here is my gameplay with this curve


THANKS FOR SHARING!


Please refrain from strapping on your know-it-all glasses and, for example: "attempting to argue over whether or not this is a scrolling line of text" because if you were to do so then that would signify that YOU (A) are a troll , (B) have completely missed the point , or both (A) & (B) ........ ..... ... .. .  The first Fruit Troll-Up might come FREE but I will not feed you another .... ... .. . There simply aren't enough to go around .... .... ... .. .   Furthermore ... .. . I couldn't care less ...... ..... .... ... .. . . . . . This is a waste of everyone's time .... ... .. .. . including YOUR OWN ...... .... ... .. . . .

22
I have been receiving PMs from members who have asked for assistance with configurations for specific games, however, the amount of hardware variance and personal preference, dexterity-level etc. makes it extremely difficult to do so.

To those who seek assistance: I believe that it would be more beneficial to simply provide the logic that fuels my configurations.

Not everyone will agree with my methods which is fine but if you're lost and seek assistance treat this as your roadmap and I guarantee that you will benefit from this information well into the future no matter what type of translator you will be configuring.

Are you ready to learn how to fish? GREAT LET's DO THiS!




Prerequisite: EXPERT MODE Enabled

Recommended: XIM APEX @1,000Hz // Maximum Mouse DPI @1,000Hz

Synchronization: Section UPDATED 2018.04.02
///As of 20180324 BETA Build: SYNCHRONIZATION
DO NOT base your choice on a title's frame-rate because there are many underlying factors that will require a fair amount of trial & error testing in order to determine which setting is best suited for the engine. These factors include variables such as keyframing and various tick-rates that generally run at half of the native refresh rate. If when playing a title performance seems off then it would be in your best interest to test each setting and pay attention to fidelity of player tracking and hit registration. Certain titles utilize extremely precise timing mechanisms that should be matched for the best possible gaming experience. Many other titles aren't as finicky and in those cases this won't be a game-breaking decision.

I begin by loading the supported title's default vanilla smart translation and play for several matches spanning several hrs without adjusting anything other than HIP sensitivity and, if applicable. ADS sensitivity.

I prefer to set my ADS sens to somewhere between 62.5% - 85% of my HIP value.
Example For 62.5%: If, HIP=3.00 then 3 x .625 = 1.875 (ADS=1.88)
62.5% is my personal favorite. It's a very reliable ratio for most titles and I begin my testing using it for that reason.
The provided ratio value information is recommended but it isn't mandatory so feel free to choose a ratio that best suits your style.



When i am satisfied that the sensitivity is on-point i begin testing smoothing by first setting the value to 1 testing it for a few kills and, if necessary, increasing it by increments of 1 and repeating this exact testing methodology until I'm satisfied with the resulting player-targeting performance. I continue to incrementally increase smoothing beyond this value to be certain that it's the best choice. Once I begin to perceive performance degradation I incrementally lower and test. I conclude by halting at the value that feels best between the high value that I began to work backwards from and the lowest value that i was originally satisfied with.

In other words, If the smoothing value that I felt satisfied with during the uphill climb = 8 then I would still continue to test beyond that value and if 13 was where I began to feel degradation I would then work backwards in 1-step increments in order to find the best smoothing value between 8 - 13.

I spend several hrs playtesting and make my best effort to not make adjustments during the first several matches throughout the first hr. and then I may make adjustments to the sens and smoothing values. If and when i do the alterations are miniscule.



At this point the config is essentially playable however I find it beneficial to polish it up with a touch of acceleration.


Working from within the Ballistics Editor my goal is to create a vanilla / linear acceleration curve, free of wrinkles and represented by a straight line. I will be using a minimalist approach. One that is conservative enough to feel natural, yet, sufficient enough thrust in order to negate any noticeable performance-breaking granularity during micromovements, directional changes etc. This is the key to completely replicating the overall fluidity that analog sticks provide during player targeting , tracking , flick-shots etc.. Just enough acceleration as not to disrupt muscle memory because mouse output will then properly work through slowdown and auto-rotation as fluidly as it does using the analog stick. At this point you should truly feel as though your mouse is superior to controller analog output in every aspect with zero shortcomings.

Ballistic Editor > begin by adjusting the lower horizontal slider to the right (somewhere between 90%-95%) then slide the right-hand side vertical slider up to 100%. Test your free aim micro-movement. If it isn't fluid then lower your sens until it is. With the Ballistic Editor open, test your config on a few opponents. If, adjust the lower slider one step to the left from 100% and, once again, adjust the vertical slider upwards to 100%. test on opponents continue to perform minimal refinements to sens value and / or ballistic until satisfied. In most cases, the initial lower slider increment (one notch to the right from the left corner) will not exceed 3%. (Take notice that the editor's slider button moves in increments of 2% or 50steps). Unnecessary but if interested, the custom value displayed at the first increment to the right of the lower left corner of the editor must be dived by 2 in order to determine the base exponential value at 1%.

For example, if your custom displayed value is 2.50 then your base exponential would equal 1.25.



Your configuration should now be complete, however, Y/X Ratio may also be adjusted slightly and thoroughly tested, if desired. 1.0 = Matching vert/hor speed. Negative values below 1.0 will output a vertical speed that is slower than horizontal speed. Positive values above 1.0 output a vertical speed that is faster than horizontal speed. Altering this value above 1.0 may prove beneficial to lower sens players who game with unorthodox posture and or positioning. This will drastically alter performance output and, most-noticeably, player targeting behavior. It is recommended that you not alter Y/X Ratio until you have thoroughly playtested and familiarized yourself with your newly created configuration. Should you decide to experiment with Y/X Ratio, exercise caution by utilizing a minimalistic approach.


SAMPLE: Polished CoD WWII Config + 1.25 Base Exp Ballistic // Designed for 16kDPI @1,000Hz


Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAA+gH0Au4D6ATiBdwG1gfQCMoJxAq+C7gMsg2sDqYPoBCaEZQSjhOIFIIVfBZ2F3AYahlkGl4bWBxSHUweRh9AIDohNCIuIygkIiUcJhanECcQpxAnECcQJxCnECcQpxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<




Next Thread: ADVANCED CONCEPT
[TUT] Superior Translation via Unorthodox Method (Performance Tweak)
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=64033.msg674700#msg674700



Im currentlyusing a zowie ec1-a max dpi 3200 at 1000hz and i most commonly use the common or off sync setting.

I completely understand why you would want to use those settings since one matches 60FPS and the other is the original sync-free setting, however, I'm uncertain as to whether or not the lower steps begin to cause any sort of performance degradation. At the time of creation I had been framerate matching for several days but today I began to feel as though there was something off with the hit detection while playing the Halo MCC so I have since switched to Default for 60FPS games which is 2x the framerate. That switch corrected the issue for me. I haven't reached a solid conclusion nor will I anytime soon due to lack of test-data and the update frequency of the release candidates. At this time I'm beginning to believe that double-sync of the game's framerate or the OFF setting that provides original NoSync are better performers than either matching framerate or half-syncing. But perhaps I should have mentioned that low DPI users would have more overhead to work by doing so.

Thanks for sharing. I will tack this onto the end of the OP.




Special shout-out to "iLLuH" ... Thank You For Inspiring Me to create & share this thread topic with our community.

24
Game Support / Linear Ballistic Curves for better AA
« on: 06:06 PM - 03/27/18 »
I was using the OFFICIAL FW at the time of this listing but have since switched to BETA and if you are currently running stock FW I strongly advise that you upgrade to the latest BETA build. it's excellent.

This is very straightforward. Originally created this for Halo because it uses a very complex float-deadzone aiming model where y affects x and this allowed my to ramp up my y sens without breaking x ratio. Turns out it's great and been using it on every one of my profiles with or without smoothing.

those flick-shot snipes are more of a pain without acceleration because the aim assist slowdown will stall your swipe. the game expects acceleration from an analog stick anyway so this provides the necessary acceleration without disrupting muscle memory. you want to use a vanilla curve then reduce your aim sens so that your micro-movements are smooth from the throttling but the top end still reaches your original speed before applying the curve and dropping the sens. these basically basically feel 1:1 due to the curve being linear. These curves work best with additional smoothing and better than smoothing will on its own.

Apply the curve to hip and ads and set your sensitivity to somewhere between  25%-33% of default sens for your DPI & polling rate.

For example, on official stock firmware the default sens for me @16kdpi / 1000Hz poling = 90 so i set my hip to somewhere between 22.5. - 30 and run my ads somewhere between 63% - 85% of my hip setting.


50/50 (50%)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAABgQMBBIIGAgeDCQQKhAwFDYYPBhCHEgcTiBUJFokYChmKGwscjB4MH40hDiKOJA8lj6cQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<




Additionally @16kdpi/1000Hz for Halo on X1 I use 20 smoothing with a 1.17 Y/X ratio (343i = 30 sens & Bungie = 22.5)
X360 Halo 3 and Halo Reach i run 10 smooth / 1.17 y/x @45 sens
Cod WWII @22.5hip / 14.07ads with 20 smoothing & 1.0 y/x
BF1 @22.5hip/19.13ads with 20 smoothing & 1.0 y/x
PvZ GW2 @30hip/18.75ads  with 0 smoothing & 1.5 y/x


Enjoy.

Update:


Here's a quarter-curve (aka "Gdub") that I have created for use with the beta FW but you can apply it to any fw revision..

Tested on CoD WWII @16kDPI // 1kHz Polling Rate // 60Hz Synchronization // 2.5hip ; 1.56ads // 20smoothing + ballistic.


Gdub (25%)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAABDgIdAysEOQVHBlYHZAhyCYAKjwudDKsNug7ID9YQ5BHzEwEUDxUdFiwXOhhIGVYaZRtzHIEdkB6eH6wguiHJItcj5STzJgKnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<




If neither of these suit your dexterity-level then create a linear curve to suit your needs and adjust your sens, accordingly.

See it in action!


Halo 5 BTB test match on BETA FW : 20180324 // TEAM XIM nailed it with this revision. Thank You!

16kDPI // 1kHzPOLLING // 60HzSYNCHRONIZATION // 2.5 Sens // 20 Smoothing // 1.17 Y/X Ratio + my 50/50 Ballistic.
















26
2018.03.16
.
bought 3 nav controllers for $3 today. duped the CROSS button

been using an xbox elite controller in left hand but it gets heavy. never owned a nav controller before today. i know you guys love these things so i purchased a few used controllers for $1 each....... immediately gutted & modified. still jumping with the same finger i've been jumping with since 2008, lol. i'll prob also dupe circle tomorrow.








2018.03.17

X/O duplication with XB1 thumbstick mod.

What's nice about this layout is that the positioning and the spacing of the buttons allows for multi-finger use or for single you can simply rest your middle finger between the buttons.














Soldering Iron , Glue Gun , Rosin core solder , thin-gauge solid core insulated wrapping wire , momentary pushbutton tactile switches , button caps & patience.

27
thought it would be interesting for whatever reason.

*edit*  or maybe it isn't, lol.


28
Feedback / [Feature Req] XIM APEX Manager
« on: 07:12 AM - 03/11/18 »
Would be great if the app supported custom renaming of the right-hand column labels in the Actions  button mapping menu. At the very least swapping them by tapping on one then tapping on another.

Yes, I know that the list corresponds to Default layouts but I don't always use default configs because sometimes i like to have certain buttons mapped to places that I'm used to for navigation purposes. So I still use other layouts with my APEX and map buttons properly but it would just be nice if there was a way to alter the labelling on the user-end. 

Other than implementation of this feature this wouldn't require any extra effort to the dev-team on a per-game basis while still provide an enhanced user-experience.

just a suggestion.

29
Game Support / [XB1] DOOM (2016) Ballistic Curve betas
« on: 09:04 AM - 03/10/18 »
felt that player targeting would benefit from ballistics. threw this together in about 5 seconds then revised it slightly provides just the right amount of drag for use with high sens & feels solid imo. Doom really needs this due to speed of gameplay. this is the only game that i'm not using as vanilla ST.

v1

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAAiAEPAZeCHgMCA+YEyYWtBqAHkwiGiXkKlwu0DNKN7w9CEJaR6ROEFR4WuRhTme4cHh5PIH8iryTgpxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<


v2

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAAiAEPAZeCHoLHg6kEkoV7hoQHgAh9iXkKlwu0DNKN7w9CEJaR6ROEFR4WuRhTme4cHh5PIH8iryTgpxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<



16,000dpi // 1ms // 25 sens

30
Update:

Prior to Apex I could not snipe in Halo very well.. Not nearly as well as I could with an analog stick. Flick shots didn't work very well before due to friction slowdown bs.

Apex Vanilla ST @16kDPI // 1k polling rate using the 16kdpi default sens of 90 has remedied this.
80% headshots. The flow has returned.
Sure that one guy in the corner wasn't playing but I prob wouldn't have even hit him with my old translator.




I didn't want to believe that Apex would handle 1000Hz with high DPI any better than any other translator on the market that offers 1k polling rate but after messing around with the device and testing a wide array of configs I now realize that Apex does handle this beautifully. I've recommended people to use low sense low dpi which does work however I have had the best experience maxed out.

For what it's worth, I would recommend setting the Apex and the mouse to 1,000Hz and power cycling the Apex in order for the polling rate change to occur.

I'm sure this had been stated before but after doing so stick with the 1kpolling default sens with the vanilla st for a bit before making changes.

the reason why i say stick with default sens at first is because default feels tuned for the aim-assist bubble of any game including the halo/destiny. so this should provide an understanding of the way the Apex is intended to feel. this may help others from falling into any early issues by beginning vanilla / default as well.

Default sens @125Hz is 15 and I believe this to be based off of 12kDPI since G502 is the demo mouse in use and widely used by so many. So if you're running 12kDPI with 1kpolling you must use multiply 15x8 which = 120

I'm running 16kDPI which would translate to 11.25 sens @125Hz so my setup is 16kDPI 1kpolling rate and 90sens and tbh i haven't deviated from 90sens for any of the games that I have been playing since making the switch.

at those settings the rotational aim assist is still helping but the Apex is also able to cut through the majority of the target friction like a hot knife cuts through butter. as the devs , mods and so many others have stated this is the way that Apex is intended to perform. it's fantastic.

you've made a believer out of me and i thank you.


Those settings feel great while playing Halo but give me a very disconnected feeling when playing Garden Warfare and tracking feels off to me but running 1,800DPI @ 125Hz 90 sens is immaculate.

With so much variation from one user setup top the next from one game to another system to system etc. it's impossible to reach a solid conclusion and not contradict myself. If someone were to ask me my opinion just refer to the forum sig. this pretty much sums up the approach that I'll be taking with Apex.


Original Post:

guess i underestimated APEX ability to handle the load.

Threw 16,000DPI // 1000Hz // 125 Sens at it and it handled it like the champ that it is.

please accept my sincerest apology. i will leave this in my signature as a momento.




Big Team Slayer on Standoff // All infantry kills.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Admin