XIM Community

Ps5 & xim apex compatibility  (Read 104477 times)

Offline HocusPenus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: H0cusP3nus
Re: Ps5 & xim apex compatibility
« Reply #225 on: 09:46 PM - 12/08/20 »
Just in case anyone missed it, Console Tuners Titan Two allows you to use the XIM on PS5. There is a timeout every 7 minutes, which automatically resets, but, there are specialized controllers you can plug in, and you donít have to worry about the timeout. J2Kbr said they are compiling a list of working controllers now, and will release the list soon.

https://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16773

So the xim will work smoothly with the ps5 if we use the titan two adapter with one of these controllers they put on the list? Thats good news!

Offline nsignific

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 01:56 AM - 12/09/20 »
Unless those "specialized controllers" turn out to be Wheels or even worse, HOTAS, this would at least be a workable solution.

I wouldn't use it, though, I'd probably just continue playing on XSX.
I want it to be simple.

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #227 on: 07:50 AM - 12/09/20 »
Unless those "specialized controllers" turn out to be Wheels or even worse, HOTAS, this would at least be a workable solution.

I wouldn't use it, though, I'd probably just continue playing on XSX.
I want it to be simple.

Iím guessing they will be Sony branded specialtyís controllers, like the ones you have suggested. I think at this point itís safe to say this will get resolved at some point. This will just be a temporary solution. To be honest, Iím fine with playing the PS4 versions until itís all worked out. I was looking to purchase a Series X because of the issues with the PS5, but now Iím pretty confident I can wait it out. We are seeing good progress!

So the xim will work smoothly with the ps5 if we use the titan two adapter with one of these controllers they put on the list? Thats good news!

Yep, it does. It will be interesting to see which controllers make the list.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 07:55 AM - 12/09/20 »
Iím guessing they will be Sony branded specialtyís controllers, like the ones you have suggested. I think at this point itís safe to say this will get resolved at some point. This will just be a temporary solution. To be honest, Iím fine with playing the PS4 versions until itís all worked out. I was looking to purchase a Series X because of the issues with the PS5, but now Iím pretty confident I can wait it out. We are seeing good progress!

i agree with you, i also have time to wait, as i have been a typical playstation gamer since the PS1, i always liked the brand and console more and more, so i don't change my console choice right away because of a simple hardware item like the XIM working with XBOX earlier.

I'm also totally fine with continuing to play the PS4 versions for now. I play mostly BOCW with my clan anyway.

But by November 2021 at the latest I need a working version of the XIM - because the new Call of Duty will only be released as a PS5 version.

Therefore I can wait for now, but of course I hope that there will be a solution for PS5 soon.

Offline LoGi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ja
« Reply #229 on: 08:05 AM - 12/09/20 »
Sounds good maybe,  i have titan 2 .let's see

Edit: ah, but only with xim apex, i have just a xim4. :-\
« Last Edit: 08:11 AM - 12/09/20 by LoGi »

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 08:37 AM - 12/09/20 »
i dont understand we need an additionnal device to use our xim apex ? need to use titan 2 + xim apex ? i dont understand what is titan 2

but titan 2 or xim apex it's the same ? its a hub ?? we need to plug 2 hub .... ?

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori
« Reply #231 on: 08:48 AM - 12/09/20 »
Titan 2 is another adapter that's meant to do the same thing XIM does as well as support macros.

https://www.amazon.com/Programmable-Remapping-Crossover-Converter-PlayStation-4/dp/B07SXBW6XC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=titan+2&qid=1607525087&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AL33YRD7161LQ&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNVpHME1IUU9NNVlFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTI4MzMyTUVNMkU1OTQ1MFc3JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwMDQ3OTkyOTlMOE1EN043N1QyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

you plug the T2 into the console and then the XIM into the T2

Not sure I'd spend $100 just to get to use my XIM on PS5 a little earlier (for PS4 before the XIM was usable on it you could plug the XIM into the Cronus Max to have it work, and a bit after this was found XIM received full functionality w/PS4). But if you already have one you can use it to use your XIM on PS5 games now.

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 08:56 AM - 12/09/20 »
i will wait ... how long u needed to wait for ps4 ??

Offline sheryip

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 10:45 AM - 12/09/20 »
a new firmware came out for the ps5 system and a firmware for the controller

Offline Boudelair

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 02:52 PM - 12/12/20 »
Really hoping for PS5 mnk support, have been with Xim for 10 years no issues. Letís just be patient if thereís a way they will find it.

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 06:11 AM - 12/21/20 »
no news from the team ????

titan 2 its ok but not xim apex ????

actually, do u work on the compatibility with ps5 or not and we wait for nothing ? need to comunicate i think ... we know nothing on the situation ...

maybe you work on a new device ? (so we need to pay again)

thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 06:26 AM - 12/21/20 »

actually, do u work on the compatibility with ps5 or not and we wait for nothing ? need to comunicate i think ... we know nothing on the situation ...

thanks

The update is available for quite some days already
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #237 on: 04:25 PM - 12/21/20 »

thanks

They posted a new firmware days ago, before insulting the dev's please make sure you research info.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=91158.0

Offline ioop16

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 06:19 AM - 12/22/20 »
i know ... i talk about plug Dualsense controller ... i have a ps5, how can  i plug a DS4 ... i dont have DS4 ... or 3rd party controller  ...

it will be possible in the future to use xim apex with dualsense ????

Offline ragenrok

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: D Warrior
« Reply #239 on: 02:14 PM - 12/22/20 »
i know ... i talk about plug Dualsense controller ... i have a ps5, how can  i plug a DS4 ... i dont have DS4 ... or 3rd party controller  ...

it will be possible in the future to use xim apex with dualsense ????

Hopefully, the issue is they need to figure out the encryption involved with it and get it working. I think when the PS4 came out it took them a few months to get the ps4 controller working as well so you just need to be patient