XIM Community

XIM3 Impressions / Reviews ...  (Read 99328 times)

Offline Morcelu

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anubian Jackal
Re: First Impressions / Reviews ...
« Reply #555 on: 11:35 PM - 04/08/12 »
So after hitting level 80 today thinking I would never get there (and honestly most likely wouldn't have if I kept using controller) I've noticed that my K/D has greatly improved. My enjoyment of the game has gotten so much better for I actually try to get First BLoods now instead of holding back as I didn't want to be the first guy to die(which often happened).  I get invites from people asking me to play with them all the time now instead of people just saying was "noob" or "you suck"

I think I can safely say that prior to my purchase of Xim3 I wanted to destroy/sell/get rid of my x-box. Now it's become my fundamental gaming machine and my PC has been turned into a multi-thousand dollar netflix machine lol

Offline doctorandrew

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: doctor_andrew
« Reply #556 on: 01:20 PM - 05/09/12 »
I just received my XIM3 yesterday and I am completely blown away.  I am coming from the Hori TAC 3, which wasn't bad at all.  I was doing pretty well on it, way better than I would have if I was using the PS3 controller.  The XIM3 blew the Hori TAC 3 out of the waters.  XIM3 is fluid in sensitivity from hip fire to ADS and it performed better than I expected it to.  I think it's time to take my Hori back to Best Buy and return it.

Offline ills1ck01

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: II n e 0 II
« Reply #557 on: 03:43 PM - 05/14/12 »
i dont think this counts as a first impression anymore,, since ive been using the XIM3 for quite some time now. still i figured i'd post something.

First of all i come from a pc gaming background (HL,UT,CS,BF(pc)) i had my share of  pc multiplayer gaming,, but that was spoiled when making hacks and cheats became so easy on the PC. So i got my self an xbox in 2008! since then i have played alot of games but i have never had the same satisfaction i had with KB/M combi.. i cant remember how, but i came across the XIM3 adapter and i was SOLD!! it was like love on first sight !!!

I am a proud user of the XIM3, i love it.. its THE best piece of hardware i have bought in my whole life (also my PVR :D)

some might say messing around with configs, and finding the perfect balance wit hsettings and DPI, and what not is a - (downside) i say otherwise, i love the fact i can tweak and adjust little things so that it suits me and only me :)

Ty for this awesome product ! 
support my youtube

www.youtube.com/ills1ck01

find me on XBL GT: II n e 0 II

Offline LaineR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Laine16v
« Reply #558 on: 03:28 AM - 05/17/12 »
Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience of the Xim3. I am a light gamer, maybe an hour a day, sometimes less sometimes more.

I grew up with PC gaming and my teenage years revolved around UT99 and CounterStrike Source. I loved using mouse and controller for the games, bliss.

Fast forward 5 years i have play MW3 on PC, but all my mates play it on Xbox, it is a crying shame that the PC community is no where near as "buzzing" compared to Xbox. I bought MW3 for my xbox so i could try and have fun with friends. But fun turns to frustration very quickly, and as the months go by it doesnt get any better.

Anyway it suddenly struck me one day "huh, there must be a device out there that lets me use keyboard and mouse on Xbox?" and tada, a few hours later i ended up on this website. I was initially put off by the price, and delighted to find cheaper alternatives, of course thats not the full story. I read more and more reviews and became ever more cautious to the complexity these little devices have to compute to give us an as near as perfect gaming experience with KB & mouse, and started to think one of the cheaper devices was not such a wise idea afterall.

I pretty much knew at that point the Xim3 was for me, i watched Youtube reviews and was very happy with what i was seeing, placed my order, and 3 days later it was with me (under 48 hours delivery from USA to my door! Nice one fedex!).

So fast forward to yesterday evening, i get home and find my little box of tricks has arrived. Panicked becasue the wired controller i bought off eBay hadnt arrived, so ran down to Argos and bought one.

Plugged it in updated firmware (a very straight forward process). My microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard and Logitech G500 mouse had also turned up at the same time.

Plugged the G500 in, installed SetPoint and configured the 3 DPI limits, one low, one med, one max, so i can switch between medium / max for Windows / Xim3 easy as pie.

MW3 ST was already loaded as soon as i switched on the device, so fired up the xbox and loaded a private match. I wasnt quite sure what to expect, but i was pleasanty surprised. I hadnt even tweeked or sensitivity or even mapped the buttons yet! So i moved the mouse around and was astounded at the sensitivity and accuracy that can be acheieved. I spent about 30 minutes trying different button mapping's and a short period tweeking the sensitivity (was almost perfect out of the box).

The device is slick and a pleasure to use and has bought some much joy back to Xbox 360 FPS gaming.

Note, i have MW3 for PC and Xbox 360, there is next to NO difference at all, the sensitivity and accuracy are 99% within eachother. The ONLY limitation is the maximum turning speed which of course is not Xim3's fault, just a limiting game mechanic.

I give this device 9.5/10.

Offline doctorandrew

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: doctor_andrew
« Reply #559 on: 06:11 PM - 05/20/12 »
[UPDATE]

Two weeks in using my XIM3 and I must say that I have never played my PS3 as much as I do now.  It has changed the way I look at console gaming.  The mouse aiming is very close to 1:1 even on the PS3 using the GTMAX adaptor.  I am at least competitive online now that I don't have to fight with the controller.  Now I am just waiting for the XIM Edge, so that I could ditch this GTMAX adaptor.

Offline ormester

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ormester
« Reply #560 on: 10:45 AM - 06/17/12 »
Simply the best 150 bucks I have ever spent!! Thank you XIM 3 team!

Offline Colin Clambakin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Colin Clambakin
  • PSN ID: N/A
Re: XIM3 Impressions / Reviews ...
« Reply #561 on: 08:47 PM - 08/25/12 »
Thanks for the xim3 after using it for 10 months I must say that it is worth every dollar. Another great thing is the community.
Xbox/Ms official/Xim 3/0824ex/Sony tv/Plastic/Generic/Ath-a700/Cm storm sentinel zero-g/5600/1000/Bf3 cod Cs go

Offline The3nd

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 11:19 PM - 08/25/12 »
I really enjoy XIM eventhou I was big PC gamer, I had to quit PC because of cheaters, games like CS 1.6 lost their value when you can cheat in tournaments. So I switched to Xbox and XIM made my life easier cause I cant use controller for crap.

Offline alexpantazis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LOUSredstrike
« Reply #563 on: 08:55 PM - 12/26/12 »
I had reviewed the different translators for some time and finally decided to go with a Xim Edge for my PS3.  I am an old PC gamer that was looking for a way to migrate most if not all my gaming to a console (this seems to be the future of gaming).

THE XIM EDGE IS AMAZING!  Once I figured out how to bind the buttons I was good to go.

Well done XIM.  Well done!

Offline OneStonedRose

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 09:02 AM - 03/06/15 »
Sorry but at this movement in time i am not impressed.
Played two games so far with the xim4,Advanced warfare felt ok but has some horrible mouse acceleration,i can do better with a controller.
 Battlefield 4 just feels slow and sluggish to me but i was never impressed with that game anyway,PC and console.

I am hoping when Hardline is released it feels more snappy and quick like BF3 on PC otherwise i will be selling it i think.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #565 on: 10:10 AM - 03/06/15 »
Sorry but at this movement in time i am not impressed.
Played two games so far with the xim4,Advanced warfare felt ok but has some horrible mouse acceleration,i can do better with a controller.
 Battlefield 4 just feels slow and sluggish to me but i was never impressed with that game anyway,PC and console.

I am hoping when Hardline is released it feels more snappy and quick like BF3 on PC otherwise i will be selling it i think.
This is the XIM3 impressions thread :P

But as for your issues, BF4 and COD have the fastest and as close to PC look mechanics on console. It will never be 100% like PC, as it's not true native mouse input. It emulates the joystick movements. If you are really good with a controller, the XIM won't make you better. It's just a different method of the same exact input.

If you're better with a mouse, and you believe it's sluggish, then I see two possibilities:

A.) Your XIM, game, and peripherals are not setup properly. Could be DPI, XIM sensitivity, or even in-game controller sensitivity not being maxed.

Or

B.) Your expectations were set too high. If you were expecting the same exact snappy feel of natural/native mouse input, then that is why you are underwhelmed.

I'd be interested in knowing your setup. Maybe we can help you fine tune your settings to get the most out of your XIM. Those 2 games should not feel sluggish at all.

What mouse and DPI are you using? Polling rate?
Monitor?
XIM sensitivity?
What game profile are you using?
What's your in game sensitivity set at?

Offline OneStonedRose

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 11:29 AM - 03/06/15 »
Roccat Kova+ 3200dpi,500hz polling rate (tried 500 and 1000)
Advanced Warfare Ps4 profile
Ingame sensitivity set to max
25 hip
20 ads
No curves
60hz HP monitor HDMI
Advanced Warfare plays nice mostly but it feels like i have mouse acceleration when doing a quick turn.
I really want to use mouse and keyboard on my PS4 and i know i could better than i am if i could eliminate that acceleration or whatever it is.