XIM Community

XIM3 Impressions / Reviews ...  (Read 96446 times)

Offline Jedimaster1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jedimasterone1
  • PSN ID: SithLord5577
XIM3 Impressions / Reviews ...
« on: 10:56 PM - 02/07/11 »
Please post your reviews here. If you would like to discuss reviews please CLICK HERE. Thanks

I thought I'd start a first impressions thread regarding XIM3 since mine came in today. So here it goes...

XIM3 is FREAKIN' AMAZING!!! I can't believe how smooth it is! I had the original XIM back in '07. I loved it but it didn't seem exactly there. XIM 2 I skipped out on because at the time I wasn't gaming as often and could not justify the cost. But when I heard about XIM3 I was once again intrigued and excited to jump back in. And when I heard that it would finally get rid of having to have my PC close, I was sold. 

But if you have reservations, don't. XIM3 is amazing and feels for me exactly like a PC movement. I played MW2 this evening and boy was it great getting those 14-year olds back. I posted a very good score unlike my previous controller k/d -- which made me quit playing consoles mp for a while after hearing the kids complain about my play.

Great job OBsiv on this fantastic product. This is perfection. Keep up the great work and like others have said, I hope this makes you rich! Man, you deserve it!
« Last Edit: 08:56 AM - 08/02/12 by OBsIV »

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
Re: First Impressions...
« Reply #1 on: 11:29 PM - 02/07/11 »
This is a bit late, but the XIM3 was a huge step up for me as well. 
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline JerginsSoft

• MVP
    • View Profile
PS3 USER
« Reply #2 on: 11:42 AM - 02/08/11 »
Wow...

I just don't believe this thing...

Are you serious?  This thing is amazing.  Absolutely UNREAL!

I've gotta hand it to you, Obsiv, I am flat out floored...  I've tried many of these things over the years and this thing is un-friggin-believable!

I will actually play MW2 again, with this!

And yes, I'm using it on a PS3... hope that's not too sacriligious (sp)!

I've never used something this smooth and precise.  You, sir, are a genius...

Thank you so much for your hard work and time.  It really shows, and I hope it pays off in a big BIG way!

EDIT: Considering I just picked up a 360, I have to give my opinion again... and the verdict is what I wrote x 10!!!

I've only played black ops so far but the difference is incredible! The responsiveness is off the charts and the control feels much much better. I'm sad I didn't get an xbox sooner... Incredible...
« Last Edit: 10:23 AM - 03/25/11 by JerginsSoft »

Offline MarikCraven

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:15 PM - 02/08/11 »
Ok my first impressions......First time owner also.

At first when I plugged it in to the Xbox 360 it didn't read the controller, yes wired. I turned it off and on a few times. So I started to get worried. I wanted to put it into PC Mode and the instruction video says to do it from the Xbox. So after five minutes of this I decided to just try it on the computer. Same thing. The XIM3 would power up but wouldn't recognize the wired controller no matter what usb I put it in. It would light up for a split second then nothing.

So for the hell of it I plugged in the keyboard and mouse and then plugged it into the computer again, and viola. It found everything. Also found out that you don't need to plug it into the 360 first to get it into config mode.

Then I flashed it, and then I flashed the firmware also, then I updated the XIM3. That went flawlessly. Super easy. Then the hard part........Actually creating the config for BO.

The config on the XIM3 is just as the tutorial states and it's very nice and fluid, the only problem I have with it is personal. All of the sudden I went blank on what button does what. So I ended up configuring it as I was playing the game, one button at a time, too lazy to look at the manual for the game.

Now here's something that might be a bit overwhelming for you first time users. I set the game sensitivity to 10. Played with the sensitivity on the profile and while it's so much fun I am a little confused on how to tweak it more to my liking. I have the first sensitivity at 75 and I'm still hitting black on the stick movement. I haven't set the acelleration yet, changed it to 0. and secondary to 100. For some reason it seems slow for me. Even double checked that in game was still 10. OH BTW.....

You may want to turn off the aim assist. I forgot and left it on and crap on a cracker was it noticable, not in a good way either.

I have a G500 mouse and I used set point to make it the highest dpi but I don't know that it means that's what it is off the computer, though OBsIV advised to set it in setpoint. Use a G13 for keyboard. Now I just have questions on the profile. Should probably create a different thread for that though.

So overall first impression is 10/10. This thing is amazing, and I'm sure after I get the hang of making configurations it'll be even better.

I think you guys need to make a more in depth tutorial on the inner workings of what the configs do, like mouse acceleration, and binding more than one button on the controller to one button on your mouse/keyboard. I made an awesomely stupid mistake on that latter.

Excellent product OBsIV. Totally worth the money.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:31 PM - 02/08/11 »
Marik, If you have a g500 try values lower than 10 for your xim3 sensitivity. You're setting it so high that you're causing deceleration in the game because your instantly hitting that max turn speed. Set your ingame sensitivity to 10/max, max your mouse dpi, and start with a sensitivity value of 5, press A on your controller and try that value.

Your sensitivity setting isn't changed in real time until you press A on your controller to exit that adjustment slider for lack of a better term.

hmmm, I would think a ST would be the perfect config and nothing else would be needed.

We need someone that has an XIM 2 to compare with the XIM 3

It is the perfect config. He's setting his sensitivity values at an insane level based on how high his DPI is. All you have to do is adjust your sensitivity, if you can do that part right then it's perfect. Marik and I have the same mouse and in comparison I have my mouse at 5700dpi and 8.0 primary sensitivity and it's crazy fast at that setting.

with that said, let's carry on with the reviews :)
« Last Edit: 04:28 PM - 02/08/11 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Ub3rn00ber

• MVP
  • I will punish you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:18 PM - 02/08/11 »
The best thing about the XIM 3 is that everyone's non smart configs will feel the same with the same settings.  As it is on XIM 2 using a PC, there are so many variables that go into it that make things feel VERY different from one person to the other.  On XIM 3 there is none of that which leads to w00tness.

Offline RideOn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:46 PM - 02/08/11 »
First time xim user, so of course its night and day for me.  High sensitivty with the ability to track/shoot targets?  I'm gonna be calling in sick tomorrow.  Using ps3 nav and g500.  Had some issues early on with stick values being maxed out with small movements.  But there were some very helpful posts in the forums.  Acceleration turned out to be the biggest difference.. once set at 0, all good.

I've only tried MW2 so far,  but for those of you that have only ever played it with a controller... man are you in for a treat!

Offline TwistedDNA

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tw1sted DNA
« Reply #7 on: 12:57 PM - 02/09/11 »
Hey guys, I received my XIM3 a few hours ago. Freakin AMAZING!

THANK YOU OBSIV! :)

I have XIM3 setup for BC2 with sensitivity 8.7/12. Loving it so far. When I first saw the product, I noticed a big scratch on it. But then I saw that it had a plastic covering on the screen, so I was relieved. :)

Still trying to figure the best configuration. Thank's to Uber Pooch for helping with the G9x setup.
The logitech G13 gameboard keys are too close together and its not working out for me. I need something with more spacing between keys. Do you guys recommend another keyboard?

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
  • Your not in hell, that's just Metal.
    • View Profile
    • What?
  • Gamertag: God Loves Metal
« Reply #8 on: 04:17 PM - 02/09/11 »
Just got back from a local FedEx facility with my XIM3 in hand! The very first thing I noticed about the XIM3 after opening the package was the smell. The wonderful scent of a brand new electronic device rushed through my nostrils and reassured me of an important fact; the wait is over.

Like many of you I have been following the development of the XIM3 from the beginning and I can say with no doubt in my mind that the wait was worth it. The setup was quick and painless, and after tweaking with my sensitivity settings I knew the XIM3 is a clear superior to its predecessors.

If the XIM line of gaming devices is a trilogy, I will rest happy knowing that I own the best keyboard and mouse adapter for the Xbox 360 on the face of this planet.

10/10
Headphones (Full-Sized): Denon AH-D7000, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Ultrasone PRO 900, Grado RS1i

IEM's: Sennheiser IE8, Westone UM3, Ultimate Ears UE4 PRO

Amp / DACS: Burson Audio HA-160D, Audio GD-FUN, Matrix M-Stage, NuForce Icon HDP, Tubemagic D1

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:49 PM - 02/09/11 »
Thanks guys. Let's keep the feedback coming, and please if you have a comment on their feedback please post your comment in this thread:

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=8860.0
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Starkasm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:52 PM - 02/09/11 »
My youngest son was playing in Black Ops...  I noticed in a free-for-all the name- Jedi Master -  He was rockin and I watched kill cam.  And I recognized the mouse movements...  He Owned.  :)
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Offline egonpax

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EG0N PAX (that's a zero)
« Reply #11 on: 07:38 PM - 02/09/11 »
I received my XIM3 today and have been playing Blops for a bit now. Just started playing MP... it's funny to see a level 1 (now 6) playing with all these high level multiple prestiged players. Took a little while to get to use to the game... mostly I don't know the maps, etc. Most of my deaths was because I did something stupid or someone snuck up behind me. Many of the 1 on 1's I won... shoot I even came out on top with 1 on 2 and 3's several times. Not to say that I couldn't do it with a controller but it seems like I've done it more often. The control is awesome though and I finished the first match ever with a positive score! Haha. My KD on MW and MW2 was in the positives but around 1.2/3 so we'll see how it is in Blops. I'm by no means great at the game, but I can tell that I'd be doing MUCH worse without the XIM.

Before plugging it in to my 360, I ran it in PC mode and updated the firmware to the beta. Easy as pie and worked like a charm. I'm running Win7 x64 just in case people had any concerns on OS compatibility, which we shouldn't because I'm sure OBsIV checked all that.

Setting up was quite easy especially after watching the youtube videos. At first I was a bit confused on the config settings but I watched the videos and everything was fine. The Quick-guide is nice addition as well. The XIM OS interface is quick (not laggy or slow) and easy to understand and navigate (I was afraid it'd be sluggish or something). I kind of wish there was a full on manual but I suppose that's what the forums are for right? :)

I'm using a Logitech G5 (2000 dpi max) and it works fine although I'm looking to get a G500 or G9X. I have the Belkin n52te and the XIM didn't like it when I tried assigning buttons. I would usually take the time and try to figure out what the problem was but I was too excited to play. I ditched the n52te and plugged in my old Saitek gaming keyboard that bigbobross showed in his video and it works fine, so I don't know why yours wouldn't work bigbob.

The XIM is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned. The KBM combo is absolutely beast and I share the same positive sentiments as the others on here. I really don't know what else to say but no matter how cliche, this thing is AWESOME. It's a former PC gamer's dream come true.

One thing that frightened me was when I, by accident, unplugged my mouse the screen went completely green on me. I was like oh $(*&@^$!... don't tell me this is like the BSOD. I just turned off my 360 and turned it back on and the XIM booted back up just fine.

The scent coming off this thing is somewhat overwhelming at first, but I do like the new tennis ball can smell. :)

We'll see how this goes! Thanks OBsIV and team for such a wonderful product and I wish you the best in your current and future endeavors!

Also, I do have the GT Max adapter for the PS3 and will attempt to try it tonight... if not tonight than tomorrow and I will post that information up whenever I can.

EDIT: Add me on XBL if you want. Please state that you're from Xim3 forums.
EG0N PAX (<--that's a zero in there)

Also check out the XBL list in the General Discussion section.
« Last Edit: 07:45 PM - 02/09/11 by egonpax »

Offline amrak

• No Longer...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:45 PM - 02/09/11 »
Hello everyone! I received my XIM3 this evening through FedEx (the driver only looked mildly surprised to see me outside waiting for him). I set everything up all nice, updated to the beta firmware, and started playing Black Ops. I was extremely thrilled at the results.

I will say however, that it does not feel like you're on a PC. As in, if you had a friend sit down and play without telling him it's on xbox, the first thing he would say is, "Dude, what's wrong with your mouse?" That being said, I would take it over a controller any day, and can guarantee that it is ten times more precise than a controller. Also, I may be biased as I spent that last two weeks playing Black Ops on the PC, to "prepare" myself for using XIM3 on xbox. Just make sure that you have an ample-sized mousepad, and turn using slow sweeping movements, and everything will be perfect. Oh, and turn off aim-assist. It will drive you insane.

On another note, XIM3 doesn't fix Black Ops. For some reason in my head I thought a mouse would help me overcome all the @#$% in the game. Yes, my K/D for the games I played today is almost triple my all-time average. I'm sure my accuracy looks the same. This all looks good on paper, but it didn't make the gameplay any less frustrating.

As for a score, XIM3 easily earns a 10/10 in my book. Nothing else on the market even comes close to matching it, and I am amazed at the quality of the final product. Thank you, and congratulations, to OBsIV and his team for a job well done.

Offline username

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:46 PM - 02/09/11 »
Hello everyone! I received my XIM3 this evening through FedEx (the driver only looked mildly surprised to see me outside waiting for him). I set everything up all nice, updated to the beta firmware, and started playing Black Ops. I was extremely thrilled at the results.

I will say however, that it does not feel like you're on a PC. As in, if you had a friend sit down and play without telling him it's on xbox, the first thing he would say is, "Dude, what's wrong with your mouse?" That being said, I would take it over a controller any day, and can guarantee that it is ten times more precise than a controller. Also, I may be biased as I spent that last two weeks playing Black Ops on the PC, to "prepare" myself for using XIM3 on xbox. Just make sure that you have an ample-sized mousepad, and turn using slow sweeping movements, and everything will be perfect. Oh, and turn off aim-assist. It will drive you insane.

On another note, XIM3 doesn't fix Black Ops. For some reason in my head I thought a mouse would help me overcome all the @#$% in the game. Yes, my K/D for the games I played today is almost triple my all-time average. I'm sure my accuracy looks the same. This all looks good on paper, but it didn't make the gameplay any less frustrating.

As for a score, XIM3 easily earns a 10/10 in my book. Nothing else on the market even comes close to matching it, and I am amazed at the quality of the final product. Thank you, and congratulations, to OBsIV and his team for a job well done.

Not to question you're post here or anything, but from what i've read so far, it takes some time to tune correctly and get used to...you said you got it this evening, and it does not seem like playing on a PC.  Possibly it is not tuned up to you're liking just yet?? =P

Offline amrak

• No Longer...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10:53 PM - 02/09/11 »
Not to question you're post here or anything, but from what i've read so far, it takes some time to tune correctly and get used to...you said you got it this evening, and it does not seem like playing on a PC.  Possibly it is not tuned up to you're liking just yet?? =P

I understand, it did sound a little bit harsh when I read it back to myself. As far as tuning, the only two settings you change for the mouse are sensitivity and acceleration. Everyone recommends 0 Accel, so it comes down to sensitivity. I tried a dozen different settings, and don't get me wrong - they all work - but it won't trick someone into thinking they're on a PC. Halo Reach was even worse in that respect. My hand is almost fatigued from all the rapid mouse lifting I did in the last two hours. It is near impossible to quickly spin in a circle without lifting the mouse at least twice. (Yes I am aware of the black dot on the XIM3, I make sure not to do that.) Is this a bad thing? Not really, I was playing SWAT and didn't go under 25 kills or over 7 deaths in all the matches I played. It seriously is on a different level than the controller, but it isn't like a mouse on a PC.

PS. Don't even try flying a banshee using keyboard+mouse. Just trust me.

PSS. These two posts should be in a different thread  ::)