XIM Community

Tutorial: N52te Analog Stick Mod + 6 Button Pedals Footrest (no buttons lost)  (Read 67048 times)

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
Thanks for the link, i ordered one earlier this evening  :)

The diffence between the Conrad Joysticks is the following;
 22,6 x 16,7 x 18,2 mm
 25.3 x 20.3 x 19.5 mm
 25,3 x 20,3 x 19,4 mm
All of them state Xbox compatible, any idea if i should go for the big or small one?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Interesting, go with the smallest one, you want as small movements as possible although I doubt you would notice and the fit in the N52te is really tight on the millimeter. I cant say which I have but a millimeter less wont hurt.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline chdude3

• View Profile
You may like the cherry mod of your N52te though as WASD, I opened a new thread and I am adding pictures as it evolves.
Danke, I'll check it out.  I'm handy enough with modding (especially soldering) so I've got to decide whether the effort will make the end product worth it.

Offline Markie_X

• View Profile
The ''10-wire radio cable'' is this the same thickness as telephone cable?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Try to get the thinnest softest cable that has 10 wires. I did not find anything softer and thinner. Mine is about 3-4 mm thick.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Another tip: The top plate where you attach the joystick to, if you drill away the L forms inside the four pillars that held screws without damaging the pillars, then you can screw four M2 screws to hold the break board rock solid in place and you dont have to drill the top to the outside. The joystick only fits if you turn it about 10-20 to the left so the corners are between the pillars. You still have a perfect movement with the thumb even if rotated slightly to the left (I do not recommend turning it to the right that would also be possible. The 16mm m2 screws you may have to cut with a plier to make them shoerter. Tight fit for the M2s and really rock solid no glue necessary. So place the joystick with pcb completely central (check the top) and then drill the 4 holes in the breakboard over the pillars. The M2 screws then go very tight beside the Potentiometers but do not hinder them moving (make sure). Hope you get this description.
« Last Edit: 05:06 AM - 01/20/11 by roads »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
good job, really

very detailed and commentated

roads please make sure that the host of the pictures wont delete them anytime soon as there might be some future people in here who will find some empty pictures then

about the mod:
please dont tell me that this was your xim2 unit :P
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline mikael

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hey roads how much would you ask for doing this mod for me?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
about the mod:
please dont tell me that this was your xim2 unit

Of course not would not touch that holy item and there is no room in there because of the XIM.

Hey roads how much would you ask for doing this mod for me?

I will not make this mod for others Mikael as I have fun making a mod and see if it works for myself but its not fun making them for money. The amount of money I would sit down for several hours and do the mod again would be a ripoff for you. I however happen to have all you need here once for this mod and the cherry key mod if you would like to try yourself. PM me. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
First post, pedal support added. :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Added some pictures of the borg style pedal switches. Waiting for the footrest to mount it.

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
dam roads... your taking it to a hole new lvl man !!!
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Yeah trying to get most out of that device and objective is to keep fingers in place the whole time playing. I did not like those 6 buttons lost. A mod must try to conserve full functionality imho. Its very easy btw, you can do it easily. And as you can do woodwork well you dont even need a footrest as I do. I will add needed parts right away.

needed parts/tools added
« Last Edit: 05:07 AM - 02/06/11 by roads »

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
i couldnt use it anyway. I have my feet up all the time when at my pc/xbox. on my racing pedal box :D see my set up vid on youtube:D
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
The footrest came and I finished the pedals. The footrest is quite crappy but the pedals are well mountable and it looks quite good so it does the job. Also added a video of the pedals in action first post at the beginning, pics at the end.