XIM Community

COD 4 MWR ST  (Read 333 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
COD 4 MWR ST
« on: 05:14 AM - 08/08/18 »
Mist, is it possible for you to look this one over again? This one has always felt weird on PS4 but after the BO4 beta which had excellent aiming just with the BO3 ST it's really hard to go back to. It seems like the acceleration is inconsistent and even the WW2 and Advanced Warfare configs seem closer to what it should be. Maybe MWR just has a bad mechanic but is it possible to check if it's right?

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: COD 4 MWR ST
« Reply #1 on: 08:53 AM - 08/08/18 »
I can check it for changes but there are two things that make me think this isn't related to the look mechanic. The first being that CoD's look mechanic is easy to interpret and build a ST for. There is no guess work after building the same but slightly different look mechanic for years. The second is there has never been an update to a CoD look mechanic. If it's not the look mechanic then I would think it has something to do with running an old game on a new console. BO3 had the same type of reports and this game was on last gen consoles as well.

I'll take a look at it today.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline LLIMIT

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: LLlMIT
« Reply #2 on: 01:05 PM - 08/08/18 »
The first being that CoD's look mechanic is easy to interpret and build a ST for. There is no guess work after building the same but slightly different look mechanic for years.

I find this very interesting. If the look mechanic never seems to change often, can you say that having an ST from (let's say) BO1 will be no different from BO3? Or is it EVER so slightly different that it requires a whole new ST.

If there's no difference, we should just have a standard 'Call of Duty' ST. I'm genuinely curious on these little differences that regular people may not notice between CoD's
Maker of the XIM Showcase videos
http://www.youtube.com/LLIMIITGAMING
SETUP
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: Koolerton Gaming Keypad
Headset: Steelseries Arctis 3 - Boreal Blue
Monitor: LG 43UJ6300 4K TV

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:48 PM - 08/08/18 »
There are differences to warrant new support. The characteristics of the look mechanic are the same between games.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:29 PM - 08/08/18 »
I can check it for changes but there are two things that make me think this isn't related to the look mechanic. The first being that CoD's look mechanic is easy to interpret and build a ST for. There is no guess work after building the same but slightly different look mechanic for years. The second is there has never been an update to a CoD look mechanic. If it's not the look mechanic then I would think it has something to do with running an old game on a new console. BO3 had the same type of reports and this game was on last gen consoles as well.

I'll take a look at it today.

I don't think it was updated it just always felt off compared to all the other CODs. BTW, if you train in the firing range make sure to turn off aim assist as the water melon has an aim assist box. Incidentally, Black Ops 3 ST worked worked really well for BO4. Even better than it did for BO3 which has a slight input lag. BO4 has incredibly responsive aiming.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:45 AM - 08/09/18 »
I retrained a few areas of Hip and ADS and there have been no changes to the look mechanic.

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:05 AM - 08/09/18 »
then I would think it has something to do with running an old game on a new console.

Not that it matters at all, but Modern Warfare Remastered isn't "running an old game on a new console" - it's CoD 4 recreated within an updated Advanced Warfare engine, not a port. If anything the look mechanic will be closer to AW's than the original CoD 4's.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:11 AM - 08/09/18 »
That's unfortunate Mist as this and Black Ops 2 are the only CODs that had weirdness in their aiming. I ended up settling on the AW ST as, even though it's not perfect, it feels better. And I don't mean with aim assist. I get better time in the firing range as well. Did you train MWR in MP? Maybe single player might have a slightly different mechanic.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #8 on: 07:09 PM - 08/09/18 »
MWR always felt weird to me, especially compared to IW, which had a very smooth look mechanics imo.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:38 AM - 08/10/18 »
Not that it matters at all, but Modern Warfare Remastered isn't "running an old game on a new console" - it's CoD 4 recreated within an updated Advanced Warfare engine, not a port. If anything the look mechanic will be closer to AW's than the original CoD 4's.

You would think that but both MWR and BO3 are games that run on older consoles and both have reported performance issues while games that are released in between these games or after that are not from older consoles do not have these issues.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:23 AM - 08/10/18 »
Actually, Black Ops 4 has the worst performance issues this gen. Even beating out Ghosts. Hopefully there's some improvement with this weekends beta.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:17 PM - 08/10/18 »
I haven't played it yet but I would wait until the game is released before giving it a label. BF games have always under perform in their alpha beta releases leading up to launch so the same could be true here. Of course my examples could be a coincidence as well. Have other CoDs been available 2 months before release in the past and if so how was their performance during that time?

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:50 PM - 08/10/18 »
There was a beta for W@W, BO3, Infinite Warfare, and WWII. This is the first time a public COD beta has had framerate this bad.