XIM Community

Changing Hz with common not affecting sens?  (Read 242 times)

Offline pigglywiggly

• View Profile
Changing Hz with common not affecting sens?
« on: 01:11 AM - 08/08/18 »
I have recently been messing with my Hz settings and sync settings to try to get overwatch to work better. Today I was trying common sync with different Hz levels. When I switched from 1000 Hz to 125 Hz, I didn’t need to adjust my sens to get the same cm/360 between the two. The Hz didn’t effect the sens on common sync, it effected it on off sync though. I thought it changing Hz should effect sens no matter what sync is being used?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Hz with common not affecting sens?
« Reply #1 on: 02:21 AM - 08/08/18 »
Changing response rate no longer requires a sensitivity adjustment. Changing sync does.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #2 on: 09:08 AM - 08/08/18 »
Changing response rate no longer requires a sensitivity adjustment. Changing sync does.
How backwards this is really bothers me.

The thing that is changed much less frequently, and requires a power cycle to change, has been made more user friendly, but I still can't test out sync without changing my sensitivities.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:15 PM - 08/08/18 »
How backwards this is really bothers me.

The thing that is changed much less frequently, and requires a power cycle to change, has been made more user friendly, but I still can't test out sync without changing my sensitivities.
It's something we've been requesting on the Alpha team as it'd make testing Sync changes much easier. The conversions should be linear for Default, Common and Slow so values could be normalised, but Off likely tosses a spanner in the works.
« Last Edit: 02:24 AM - 08/10/18 by antithesis »

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:35 PM - 08/08/18 »
The Xim Apex gets better and better thanks
If I had just one advice to give to my fellow overwatch players it would be : look at obsiv official settings; don't mess up apex settings much, except to add some smoothing if you like; look further into overwatch aim assist, aaw, and aim smoothing settings
I don't give my own settings because it still needs very little adjustments and nobody gave me anything. So just some hints.
Gl hf

Offline mattyb98

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:43 PM - 08/09/18 »
On that point antithesis i get it would be a simple mathmatical calculation based on a factor attaining to the sync chosen would it not be fairly easy to impliment just for off sync another dialogue box to add an additional scale factor e.g the base scale factor of 1000hz being 16x the 500x being 8 250x 4 etc all it would take is another box under sync only visible when on off sync that you can specify the mouse hz you are running on your xim or alternatively and perhapse easier could the xim not auto detect the polling rate its currently running at and automaticly apply that multiplication rate when off sync is set just a few ideas on how to get around that issue

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02:23 AM - 08/10/18 »
Yeah, that seems logical and we've made the request on that basis, but I don't know what the interaction between Sync > Off and Response Rate is.

I'm sure OBsIV has a reason as to why it's setup the way it is and it may have to do with Sync > Off.