XIM Community

The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]  (Read 3336 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]
« Reply #30 on: 04:05 AM - 08/04/18 »
how do i get thus wooding two
There are many ways to get wooding too.

If you want a Wooting Two, head to www.wooting.nl. Note that Wooting Two is the same as Wooting One. Wooting One is the TKL version.

Offline Geno782

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04:12 AM - 08/04/18 »
I was thinking about getting one of these but was worried about using it for general PC usage, I don't have the space on my desk for 2 keyboards so this would have to replace my current one.

What's it like for general typing, etc? :o

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:15 AM - 08/04/18 »
What's it like for general typing, etc? :o
According to Linus Tech Tips, it's like typing on boobs.

I guess the criticism is the switches are soft, in which case go for the blacks.

Offline 1me

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: jonesthechiller
« Reply #33 on: 05:33 AM - 08/04/18 »
You won't receive more aim assist in cod when using a special keyboard. It doesn't matter at all what type of input method u choose, whether it's analogue or not. It's just personal preference.
And you know this...how? Try it yourself using a Nav, G13 or controller - you'll get more AA from analog input than a digital kb.

You don't.
You do receive more aa when you move while you ADS in cod (even a bit more when using stock as an attachment), but it doesn't matter how far you move your thumbstick. Actually, you want to move as fast as possible in ADS, because the more you move <-> the stronger the aim assist. So moving your thumbstick only 10% to the left and right will simply result into less aa.

OP is just biased a lot. The thread title and the post could be a meme, a keyboard doesn't make anything overpowered.
He "destroyed" TDM lobbies not because of his analog keyboard; he played with a mouse and aim assist against console players.

Analog keyboards are quite exciting and bring in some advantages, but exploiting aim assist in the most casual fps in the world isn't one of them.

If you only spend 150$ for a kb in the belief of getting more aim assist then you're wasting a lot of money.
𝔄𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔤𝔬𝔢𝔰: 𝔉𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢, 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲, 𝔣𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔴𝔦𝔠𝔢, 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔢.

Yᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05:33 AM - 08/04/18 »
Oi, Today I received my Wooting One [Flare Tech Blue]

I must say that this product makes the apex very overpowered.

To start off, I was mainly buying this product for COD games because I felt, if I had a tad more aim assist I'd be destroying lobbies and that in fact was the best choice I think I've ever made.

I've literally had the best game-plays of my COD career today. The aim assist from the analogue movement is so overpowered it's ridiculous.

This is not a placebo effect at all.
It's in fact real and I think this keyboard is a must have if you really want to play at the highest level you can. Meaning competitive or casual either way it's very worth it.

Down below is a video clip of me going 32-2 or something around there. I literally could have dropped a V2 Rocket but died at 23-0 so rip but I hope it gives some insight on how good it is.

Also one more point I want to clarify is that, it does not matter if you go against the best players or the worse, the Apex combined with the Wooting will destroy all of them.

I'll continue to test it out through the week and see how I feel but I'm very happy with this purchase and think anyone who has the extra cash should look into it.

P.S. sorry if I sound edgy :Q. just wanted to get my point across

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Yᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:35 AM - 08/04/18 »
Analog keyboards are quite exciting and bring in some advantages, but exploiting aim assist in the most casual fps in the world isn't one of them.
Have you used an analog keyboard? Have you used interpolated keyboard strafing? If not, you're making assumptions.

CoD was the easiest game to test if analog movement influences AA by emulating analog for WASD via a script. From my testing, it does. From testing of Nav vs kb, it does. I look forward to testing further when my Wooting Two arrives.
« Last Edit: 06:40 AM - 08/04/18 by antithesis »

Offline HypeR

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:43 AM - 08/04/18 »
Hello, just one question. I want to buy a wooting 2 but does it work with ximlink? If i does how can i get it to work?

ah, and are blackCherrys easier to click as the blue ones? when do you recommend the 100g Cherry MX springs?

And what is the different between wooting One and two?

thank you all :D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:52 AM - 08/04/18 »
Hello, just one question. I want to buy a wooting 2 but does it work with ximlink? If i does how can i get it to work?

ah, and are blackCherrys easier to click as the blue ones? when do you recommend the 100g Cherry MX springs?

And what is the different between wooting One and two?

thank you all :D
Wooting Two is the same as Wooting One, but also has a numpad. Other than that, they're the same.

Unfortunately I don't own a Wooting yet and the Two doesn't come out until November (or later), so I can't personally test if Xim Link will work. Salty couldn't get it working, but that doesn't mean it can't.

Black switches are linear, so they're easier to press. However, they also require more force than reds or blues. Blues are tactile and have an obvious actuation point and a clicky feel and sound.

Reds are typically recommended for gaming due to the soft switches and fast actuation, but that's not really what we want out of an analog switch. The issue that has been raised with Wooting One is the red switches are very soft, which affects how much control you have over analog. Adding more resistance to the WASD keys via black switches and/or springs can make that less of an issue - WASD should feel more trigger-like on a controller (they also use springs).

Blues are recommended more for typing for the tactile and audible feedback and aren't usually the best gaming option. However, they might work well on a Wooting due to the more obvious actuation point, which may help to keep you at a mid-range analog value. But I personally couldn't tolerate the sound of blues, I dampen my browns (also tactile but not clicky) with O-rings and that's probably not a good idea with depth-sensing switches.

Don't get too excited yet, we've had a couple of positive testimonials and one negative one to date for Wooting One. The more of us that use a Wooting, the deeper the data pool and the less biased the feedback. I am definitely getting one because I like to experiment with tech and will offer my opinion when the time comes. But don't take any single opinion as gospel, YMMV.
« Last Edit: 07:01 AM - 08/04/18 by antithesis »

Offline DeanCR7

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:45 AM - 08/04/18 »
Wonder if itís a cod thing. Didnít notice a change on ow or fortnite

I did notice that I would randomly get spurts of aim assist increase but nominal to say the least.  I tried all of the different settings on their software too.

My problem is that my fingers either push the key in all the way or not enough at And I bought the red switches too

If it works in COD well, it might be because cod has small, strong aim assist bubbles. Maybe I will feel it more if I lower my AAW

U can call me a shitter but Iím glad itís working for you.  I had insanely high hopes.

Whats your actuation point on? Also your curve.

P.S I use 1.5 + Aggressive curve.

do you post your xim profil with settings ?

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:17 AM - 08/04/18 »
Have you used an analog keyboard? Have you used interpolated keyboard strafing? If not, you're making assumptions.

CoD was the easiest game to test if analog movement influences AA by emulating analog for WASD via a script. From my testing, it does. From testing of Nav vs kb, it does. I look forward to testing further when my Wooting Two arrives.

Yes I do have an analog keyboard, it's called PS4 controller. I'm not making any assumptions, at the end of the day your xim emulates a ds4, so your analog kb cannot have more features than the ps4 controller.
150$ for the ability to gradually move your left thumbstick with a keyboard, that's even for games that would benefit from analog input (racing games, fifa) way too much. And you usually would want to play these games with a controller anyway.

I don't need a script to test the impact of analog movement to aim assist, all I need to do is connect my ps4 controller and then move the left thumbstick in different ways, and boom i have your "interpolated keyboard strafing".

Again, Call of Duty has a mechanic that gives you aim assist when you move while ADS. But Aim assist is technically invariant to the used peripheral. It doesn't matter if you press 'A' on your keyboard, move your left (NAV) thumbstick or whatever device you have connected.
What counts is that you move as fast as possible while ADS (using stock increases aa). The less you move, the weaker the resulting aim assist. This takes very few time to test indeed.

Yᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ

Offline Geno782

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:35 AM - 08/04/18 »
Just got myself a Wooting One, should be here tomorrow so I'll test it out on a few games. :)

Tbh I was after a new keyboard. I got it for the fact it's a TKL and the smooth Flaretech red swtiches sound like my kind of switch, the red Cherry MX have always had a tiny bit too much resistance for me. Plus I like how it predominantly only lights the actual letter on the keycaps and it's not got RGB bleeding all over the place like most keyboards these days.

Why are you some of you acting like the pricing for this is too much? Go look at the price of Corsair "gaming" keyboards, which I consider insanely tacky and have shoddy build quality. They're more expensive and give you nothing more than any other mechanical keyboard out there (and their software is abysmal). Meanwhile you have a small company such as Wooting, implementing something innovative in a well priced product and you're angry because it doesn't turn you into a walking aimbot? Who cares if it doesn't make a difference in every game, it's still a feature that's available to you.

If this was 70-100 dollars more than the average RGB mechanical keyboard I'd understand, but this is priced right at the same mark as the rest of them.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:12 AM - 08/04/18 »
Yes I do have an analog keyboard, it's called PS4 controller.
Roger that, you have no idea. Loud and clear.

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:16 AM - 08/04/18 »
Roger that, you have no idea. Loud and clear.

Feel free to back that statement.

Yᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10:20 AM - 08/04/18 »
Feel free to back that statement.

Nuff said.

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:29 AM - 08/04/18 »
Looks like somebody ran out of arguments

Yᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ