XIM Community

The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Re: The Wooting Keyboard Is Very OP. [COD GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE]
« Reply #105 on: 05:57 AM - 08/10/18 »
now work but i dont see any difference when i press buтton he run on 100 % i dont see analog movement no matter how much I press the button

LOL yep but keep spending everyone!!!! Everyone this is a reminder that I have NO REASON TO LIE TO U GUYS.  If I say itís buns then itís buns
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 06:04 AM - 08/10/18 »
Saw this fun thread last night, and decided to test some AA with analog vs digital control.

For transparency: I have a digital keyboard. All movement was done using Xim Link scripts, sending XimInputData to the Apex.

Basically this is what I did: I made a script that actuates different input combinations to different button presses. I then spawned in with a second player that was standing still at all times, and tested the amount of aim assist I got on him at different ranges (both slow down and autoaim).

Example of my inputs:

Press A: 100% stick left, Right stick no input.

Press B: 50% stick left, Right stick no input.

Press C: Slowly ramp left stick from 50% to 100%. Right stick no input.

Press D-L: Same left stick combos repeated, now with right stick moving to test all combinations (right stick from 5-15%).

I wanted to see if slowly ramping movement, or having a key to ramp movement (such as holding control will make my character slowly accelerate instead of just sending 100 right away) would be an effective method to gain more aim assist.

Unfortunately, there was no noticeable difference between sending analog movement and sending 100% stick inputs. I think it may be all in your head.

Call of duty already has an acceleration mechanic built in, and it isn't very fast. I can easily tap my A/D keys and not reach max velocity. As far as I can tell, the engine does not take into account the magnitude of stick inputs when deciding aim assist, it seems to be binary.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahyahyahahahahahhhaah

Instead of just me wasting $100 you bitter @#$% just bought that wooting dude a @#$% Honda Civic.  Lmao

Gameday Bucket go swish.  My personality has nothing to do with facts

I told you guys since the beginning that this device wasnít going to perform the functions that you guys wanted it to
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 04:39 PM - 08/10/18 »
Ive Ordered 100g springs and i dont need numpad. So can i order the wooting One? Or is the wooting two with Black Switches and the 100g springs better?
Nope. The 100g springs will create the resistance you want for WASD. Go with the Wooting One if you don't need a numpad.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 04:41 PM - 08/10/18 »
Today i receive my wooting and when i put my kb on xim get this message 
Your console can't supply enough power to your Xim and connected devices. Add a power supply to the Apex hub, or use a powered USB hub instead of the Apex hub.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 04:43 PM - 08/10/18 »
Saw this fun thread last night, and decided to test some AA with analog vs digital control.

For transparency: I have a digital keyboard. All movement was done using Xim Link scripts, sending XimInputData to the Apex.

Basically this is what I did: I made a script that actuates different input combinations to different button presses. I then spawned in with a second player that was standing still at all times, and tested the amount of aim assist I got on him at different ranges (both slow down and autoaim).

Example of my inputs:

Press A: 100% stick left, Right stick no input.

Press B: 50% stick left, Right stick no input.

Press C: Slowly ramp left stick from 50% to 100%. Right stick no input.

Press D-L: Same left stick combos repeated, now with right stick moving to test all combinations (right stick from 5-15%).

I wanted to see if slowly ramping movement, or having a key to ramp movement (such as holding control will make my character slowly accelerate instead of just sending 100 right away) would be an effective method to gain more aim assist.

Unfortunately, there was no noticeable difference between sending analog movement and sending 100% stick inputs. I think it may be all in your head.

Call of duty already has an acceleration mechanic built in, and it isn't very fast. I can easily tap my A/D keys and not reach max velocity. As far as I can tell, the engine does not take into account the magnitude of stick inputs when deciding aim assist, it seems to be binary.
Nice work MRog. Doesn't change my plans to buy a Wooting Two, i'd like to test this stuff first-hand using an analog keyboard.

Keep in mind that stick output via Apex is already interpolated, so you’re going to get analog-like behaviour, which may affect results. I can't recall the exact value, but the time used for interpolation matches a controller's speed to peg from 0 to 100. If you have a Xim4 it’d be worth testing on it for clean digital input.

Equally, stacking analog input on top of existing interpolation may exhibit no benefit to AA as it does roughly the same thing, but is more controllable. Still, this is worth experimenting with, so thanks for taking the time to test via Xim Link.

Without dismissing those results nor ignoring the topic, analog input still holds value, regardless of any effect on AA. Driving vehicles in PUBG or BF, sneaking & peaking in RS6, controlling bloom in Fortnite, fluid movement in every third-person game should be better on a Wooting. The Division, Uncharted, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption etc all feel janky AF using digital WASD.

Where things get interesting is secondary buttons for things like leaning, or accelerator & brake. These all benefit from analog on PC, but I assume the Xim will translate the input to digital. WASD can be passed through as analog, but other bindings may not. Worth testing via Xim Link or Titan One / Two.

Anything else we should test?
« Last Edit: 06:52 AM - 08/11/18 by antithesis »

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 06:04 AM - 08/11/18 »
Iím looking forward to the full size keyboard.
I tend to use the right hand side keys, home, page down, delete, enter and insert.

Iím hoping it helps with Rainbow siege and other games plus it will be a step up from my cherry £10 special which works ok to be honest but I donít expect it to last.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline DaTz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaTz
  • PSN ID: DaTzBrAnDoN
« Reply #112 on: 10:18 AM - 08/11/18 »
after playing with mine.. i rather use my sony nav.. much better imo
ill still use this for the comp tho.. pretty noticeable diff then my last keyboard

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #113 on: 03:43 PM - 08/11/18 »
The Xim Apex was designed to emulate controller input into M/KB. Now if the Apex was made to emulate controller input into the M/KB, and the sticks on the controller are suppose to increment up instead of instantaneously going to 100,
Then by this logic right, don't you think that the Wooting Keyboard enhances or if one might say mimics the controller input making your aim assist just like "Controller Users".
Have you ever used an actual joystick with Xim? I was a Sony Nav user for years before switching to keyboard, and I was instantly better with keyboard, because I thought it would make me better. If anything, I noticed more aim assist and not less, and I figured it was because CoD scales up aim assist with movement speed. (0 movement = 0 aim assist, 100 movement = 100 aim assist, therefore binary movement is better)

See I think where the key point was missed is that, All of this was designed to basically mimic a controller user (with there aim assist) but with better precision via using a mouse.
Again, analog movement isn't a new concept to xim. The wooting is doing something that has never been done before.

So basically even if your hypothesis was, that it didn't provide any extra aim assist. It still will be better to use an analogue keyboard over digital, because It mimics and actual controller analog stick, which by logic means that you should get the same amount of aim assist as a controller user.
Okay, but following this same logic, binary movement mimics an actual analog stick as well, so why would it NOT get the same amount of aim assist as a controller user?

Also my KDR skyrocketed after using this product like I said it's not a placebo effect.
I guess you don't know what a placebo is.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 10:19 PM - 08/12/18 »
Sooo now Iím confused. Salty says that the Wooting doesn not work with the xim (as in how the analog keys work 0 to 100) and iplaytoomuch Iím assuming says it does? Iím ignoring the AA comments on here and just want to know if the actual WASD analog keys will act like the left stick on the controller (going as slow or as fast as I want when pushing down).

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 10:28 PM - 08/12/18 »
Wooting works with xim. The Analog works.

The analog mode does NOT work when using xim link

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 10:30 PM - 08/12/18 »

Ahhhhh perfect. Thank you for clearing that up. I have some extra cash so I will get this and report back. I play RB6 and BF1.
I ordered some cherry mx 100g springs as well for the wasd keys.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 10:33 PM - 08/12/18 »
Truthfully if youíre not expecting any aim assist you will love it. Very decent keyboard

Offline Balor1712

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 10:49 PM - 08/12/18 »
Truthfully if youíre not expecting any aim assist you will love it. Very decent keyboard

I donít care about AA. I just want something that I can control my peeking on RB6 better and ESPECIALLY vehicles in battlefield (the stop and go sucks on the xim for just trying to go a small distance ďslowĒ). I have read your viewpoints on it and that is why I will try the 100g springs. I am hoping I donít run into the problem of keys being pressed too easily 100%.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #119 on: 01:52 AM - 08/13/18 »

Did you talk to W11Ce about this?

If you still have your wooting, contact me on discord. I'm sure I can get it working for you somehow, I could write a script that reads whatever data the wooting sends and convert that to analog stick movements using XimInputData, and hopefully make it work.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL