XIM Community

Ballistic Curve Creation Tool  (Read 967 times)

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
Ballistic Curve Creation Tool
« on: 02:05 PM - 07/29/18 »
This is a work in progress. Over the coming days/weeks I will be adding features, optimizing performance, and adjusting the UI. The current build is intended for experimental use.

Update 1.01: I have added a section for Function Generation. This is not yet operational.
Update 1.02: The Function Generator should now be operational. I'll be implementing a better way to interact with these values, as well as some default values so the user doesn't need to experiment as much. Basically this adds an easier way to change function parameters and then output the new parameters straight to a curve.

Javascript curve creation tool spreadsheet: Latest Version

Here is what it looks like:

To use this, put any function of A5 into C5 and click the button, and your curve is ready to be pasted into manager from cell A1. The tool automatically corrects for negative values and values over one hundred, so the curves should still work in those cases.

The linked spreadsheet is read only, so press "File" > "Make a copy" to make your own spreadsheet to use however you'd like. I recommend getting the Google Sheets phone app, so that you can easily copy paste the script into your mobile manager.

If you guys have an ideas, requests, or contributions on how to make this more useful let me know.

« Last Edit: 10:50 PM - 07/31/18 by MRog40 »
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Curve Creation Tool
« Reply #1 on: 04:11 PM - 07/29/18 »
Great work MRog! This is going to save a lot of mucking around tweaking intermediate values.

That said, I have no idea what function to enter into C5  :-[   (I can see the function, but algebra was never a strong point). I vaguely recall a link somewhere to a function generator, but might leave this one to the math gurus.

Offline MRog40

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:07 PM - 07/29/18 »
I vaguely recall a link somewhere to a function generator, but might leave this one to the math gurus.
This is 1.0, I don't think sliders are possible in Google sheets but I plan on making tools to more easily create the curves for those that aren't fond of algebra
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:14 AM - 07/30/18 »
It's a great 1.0, the curves look silky smooth! That's very difficult to recreate manually point-by-point in Xim Manager.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:28 AM - 07/31/18 »
thats an instant sticky!
MRog40 would it be possible to paste existing apex curve codes into A1 so you can then view/edit them?
(or an optional cell at the bottom to do this)

also im sure xim4 users would love to use this too ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline MRog40

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:21 AM - 07/31/18 »
thats an instant sticky!
MRog40 would it be possible to paste existing apex curve codes into A1 so you can then view/edit them?
(or an optional cell at the bottom to do this)
Yes! I actually am able to do this using my old spreadsheet method, which isn't very user friendly. This is a work in progress, and I'm still writing functions for supporting that as well as some more user friendly curve creation tools.

It will exist as a separate tab on the worksheet called "View existing curves" or something, and will show the graph as well as all of the decimal values of the curve.

I also plan on eventually building a tool for curve smoothing, aka you can input an existing curve, apply regression on it, and then use that regression to build a new curve that is a smooth mathematical version of the existing. This is pretty far down the line though.

also im sure xim4 users would love to use this too ;)

Unfortunately, I no longer have my Xim4 so wouldn't have a way to test the curves out. For now, this will be apex only.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
Re: Ballistic Curve Creation Tool
« Reply #6 on: 12:03 PM - 07/31/18 »
Super cool... can't wait to play around with it.

Thank you!!
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:14 PM - 07/31/18 »
Yes! I actually am able to do this using my old spreadsheet method, which isn't very user friendly. This is a work in progress, and I'm still writing functions for supporting that as well as some more user friendly curve creation tools.

It will exist as a separate tab on the worksheet called "View existing curves" or something, and will show the graph as well as all of the decimal values of the curve.

I also plan on eventually building a tool for curve smoothing, aka you can input an existing curve, apply regression on it, and then use that regression to build a new curve that is a smooth mathematical version of the existing. This is pretty far down the line though.

thats awesome, i already played around quite a bit with your tool and i really like it!
the new features will make it even better, really looking forward to those! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline MRog40

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:04 PM - 07/31/18 »

Here is an example of the types of curves that can easily be made and tweaked using this tool. This is a slight acceleration curve I created using the function generator in just minutes of tweaking parameters.

Made this using
Code: [Select]
Power
A      B      C      D      E
1.2    150    0.02   0      0

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gACAiYE7ggGC1IOyhJqFiYaAh3yIfomGipKLo4y4jdGO7pAOkTKSWZODlLGV4ZcTmEmZgZq8m/mdOJ56n76hBKJMo5ek46YxpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQpxCnEKcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:38 AM - 08/02/18 »
What do the different generator parameters stand for?
D = y axis start point (aka boost)
E = inverted x axis start point
C = change gradient?
B = C?
A = if x^1, x^2 curve and so on?

Offline EconomyLobster

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EconomyLobster
« Reply #10 on: 11:01 AM - 08/02/18 »
Wow this is insane! Cant wait to test out some curves when I get home!

Offline MRog40

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:00 PM - 08/05/18 »
Odin, here is the equations I have used. I just kinda threw them together randomly, I plan on adding more functionality soon!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:32 AM - 08/06/18 »
thanks, that should make it much easier to use those cells to create a curve! :)

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #13 on: 03:15 PM - 08/15/18 »
Totally blown away! Booyow roggy!

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #14 on: 03:47 PM - 08/15/18 »
Super cool... can't wait to play around with it.

Thank you!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with oh our saviour of aim assist!