XIM Community

[Q/A] Getting a faster mouse turn rate / aiming in Pubg  (Read 77 times)

Offline krooz

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: huzaa
Hi, I have Xbox One (orig), Razer Samosa (1800dpi/1000hz), I have my in game sensitivity settings to max. And my mouse look turn rate is still really slow. I bumped my hip and ads aim sensitivity in XIM to 500 (max), and it's definitely faster, but still takes 3 or 4 swipes to turn around.  Do u think I need a better or higher res mouse or just diff settings?

Thx
Krz
« Last Edit: 07:42 AM - 07/20/18 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a faster mouse turn rate / aiming in Pubg
« Reply #1 on: 07:42 AM - 07/20/18 »
Welcome to the community. It sounds like you're reaching the max turn speed, you should see fast red flashing lights from XIM when moving the mouse. First verify that the in-game sensitivity is maxed. Next, if you're using sync I recommend testing default or common. If you're not using sync then there is nothing else to adjust. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This max turn speed will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that movement is ignored and you may see less movement as a result. By either lowering your sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay under or ride the turn speed limit should result in more onscreen movement.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline krooz

• View Profile
Re: Getting a faster mouse turn rate / aiming in Pubg
« Reply #2 on: 11:54 AM - 07/20/18 »
It sounds like you're reaching the max turn speed, you should see fast red flashing lights from XIM when moving the mouse. First verify that the in-game sensitivity is maxed. Next, if you're using sync

Thanks! I'll check for max turn speed. In-game sensitivity is maxed. Sorry I'm new, what is "sync" and how do I know if I'm using it?

Reason, I don't *think* I'm maxed (But I'll check) is that I can look around far faster with the controller sticks than I can with the mouse.  So seems to be the way it's config'd.

Thx again!
Krooz

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [Q/A] Getting a faster mouse turn rate / aiming in Pubg
« Reply #3 on: 12:14 PM - 07/20/18 »
Sync is setting in the mouse section of the config that appears when APEX's response rate has been changed. If you do not have this then there is no need to worry about it affecting your sensitivity.

Offline krooz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:42 PM - 07/20/18 »
Sync is setting in the mouse section of the config that appears when APEX's response rate has been changed.

Interesting!  I do have Sync setting in my XIM Apex config for pubg, it was off by default - turned it on and now my aiming is very fast - this is great, much better. Is there a doc or help that covers all of the settings in the Xim Apex app one by one?

Thanks!
Krooz

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:31 PM - 07/20/18 »
There is no document but you can go over the start page. Sync is explained on the download page.

http://xim.tech/start

Game Framerate Synchronization: A new Config setting under Aim (expand '...' to view) called Synchronize was added. The purpose of this setting is to better align your XIM APEX's operation to the game's input processing loop to improve aiming fidelity. It works at all XIM APEX Response Rates and is available within Expert configuration mode. There are 4 settings you can choose from:

Default   This is the default and is designed to generally work well on all games and matches the behavior of all XIMs prior to XIM APEX.
        Common   If your game runs at 60fps, try this setting. If switching from Default, divide your sensitivity by 2.
        Slow   If your game runs at 30fps, try this setting. If switching from Default, divide your sensitivity by 4.
        Off   Disables synchronization. Use this setting if you prefer to behavior of the retail XIM APEX firmware.

If you would like to flip between sync values to test each one you must convert the sensitivity between them. Sensitivity conversion between Synchronize settings:

Default > Off: x8 | Common: 2 | Slow: 4

Common > Off: x16 | Default: x2 | Slow: 2

Slow > Off: x32 | Default: x4 | Common: x2

Off > Default: 8 | Common: 16 | Slow: 32