XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim apex won't recognize wired Xbox one s controller  (Read 87 times)

Offline Firestarter0626

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Firestarter0626
Installing apex for first time. I plugged mouse, keyboard and wired Xbox one controller into hub then hub into apex. I plugged apex into console The colors on the apex change from red to yellow to green to blue to red. I never get the flashing green lights. The hub light is on as well as the light on my keyboard and mouse. Controller does not turn on.  The xim manager hud on my phone shows the keyboard and mouse but no controller. I updated the firmware, did a factory reset but still nothing.  I plugged my controller directly to the apex but still nothing. What do I try next.
« Last Edit: 11:23 PM - 07/19/18 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim apex won't recognize wired Xbox one s controller
« Reply #1 on: 11:22 PM - 07/19/18 »
Welcome to the community and thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've done. Can you please try a different controller cable?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
If replacing the cable doesn't help let's try a hard reset, it can sometimes fix this issue. Press and hold the power button on the front of the console for 15 seconds. Once off unplug the power cable to the console for 60 seconds. Reconnect the power cable and power on the console. Attach all peripherals to XIM then connect XIM to the console.

Note that removing the power cable while off has been reported as necessary by some users.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Firestarter0626

• View Profile
I did the hard reset but no luck.  I have been trying my wired controller which didn't work so I tried my wireless controller with numerous different usb cables and still nothing.  Anything else to try.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The wired controller isn't compatible with XIM. You will need to use a wireless original controller by the console maker.

Let's check on your wireless controller's ability to use a data cable. Please try this.

Disconnect APEX
Remove controller
Connect wireless controller using the same controller cable to the console

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing buttons?

Offline Firestarter0626

• View Profile
Yes. I plugged my wireless controller into console with usb cable and the controller turned on almost instantly.  But still won't work when plugged into xim hub.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
I'm sorry could you try removing the battery as well before attaching the controller direct to the console?

Disconnect APEX
Remove controller battery
Connect wireless controller using the same controller cable to the console

Does the controller light turn on automatically without pressing buttons?