XIM Community

Dilemma updating my XIM4 to XIM Apex  (Read 231 times)

Offline Deicidium

• View Profile
Dilemma updating my XIM4 to XIM Apex
« on: 08:20 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hi,

I'm having a dilemma whether I sell my XIM4 to buy XIM Apex or just use xim4.

• Is there a big advantage when using XIM Apex over Xim4?
  • If yes, what are those?
  • If yes also, can you cite a game in which is experience those advantages/changes?

thanks!

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
Re: Dilemma updating my XIM4 to XIM Apex
« Reply #1 on: 08:30 PM - 07/12/18 »
There’re no advantages imo, playing at 125hz is always the best for console !, 1000hz and off sync is way better but you have to use option called smoothing which give you bad experience :(
« Last Edit: 08:36 PM - 07/12/18 by NoxAk »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:41 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey,

here you can find a comparison sheet between xim apex and the xim4, since the list has been posted the xim apex received a few more exclusive features such as smoothing or synchronization

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=3819.msg641775#msg641775

i also recommend you to check out the feedback section of this forum as it includes a lot of xim4 - xim apex upgrade customer experiences

There’re no advantages imo, playing at 125hz is always the best for console !, 1000hz and off sync is way better but you have to use option called smoothing which give you bad experience :(

hey, this sounds like you have some setup problems that we can go over if you would like to
what you experience is not intended and sounds like there are issues within your setup
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:09 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey,

here you can find a comparison sheet between xim apex and the xim4, since the list has been posted the xim apex received a few more exclusive features such as smoothing or synchronization

i also recommend you to check out the feedback section of this forum as it includes a lot of xim4 - xim apex upgrade customer experiences

hey, this sounds like you have some setup problems that we can go over if you would like to
what you experience is not intended and sounds like there are issues within your setup

No od1n, i don’t have any setup problems, playing at 1000hz isn’t good for console and i remeber you said that 500hz is identical to 1000hz, if 500hz identical to 1000hz then why 125hz couldn’t be identical to 500hz and 10000hz. All sync options are really bad except for “off” sync but you have to use smoothing with it which causes delay when turning. So the best thing is to stick to xim4 125hz no need for upgrade at all, let’s be honest here :)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 PM - 07/12/18 »
500Hz is not identical to 1000Hz. If XIM APEX is running at 1000Hz, it means that, at most, your input is received by the console up to 1ms later. At 500Hz it's 2ms, and 125Hz is 8ms latency.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:27 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey,

No od1n, i don’t have any setup problems, playing at 1000hz isn’t good for console and i remeber you said that 500hz is identical to 1000hz, if 500hz identical to 1000hz then why 125hz couldn’t be identical to 500hz and 10000hz. All sync options are really bad except for “off” sync but you have to use smoothing with it which causes delay when turning. So the best thing is to stick to xim4 125hz no need for upgrade at all, let’s be honest here :)

You´re completly clueless and giving unfair bad marketing to the product. Xim APEX is MILES ahead of XIM 4. The simple fact it responds faster makes it instantly better. And why are you implying that using Sync is bad? I use Default sync myself and it works wonders, no jitter or skipped pixels. Common works well too, but that depends on the game and other settings.

Also yoiu don´t need smoothing if you use Sync options. I still have a XIM4 here with some 3 or 4 beta experimental advanced SA builds (wich are XIM4 at its prime) and I did extensive comparasions between it and xim apex. Xim Apex wins by far. Even with the best possible setup on Xim 4 and the best possible custom firmware, XIm Apex still outperforms it. Not only it responds better, it does what you intend to do and the limitation now are the consoles itself (bad fps and Vsync).

I bet you are one of those guys that had a custom curve that allowed you to have a strong aim assist on some game with XIm 4 and as you can´t replicate that unfair advantage you had on Xim Apex you say Xim 4 was better.

From a PC player perspective, wich is my case as I´m a Quake player, xim apex is the closest ever a console has been from a PC. Now you need to get aiming and mechanical skills, then xim apex will shine.

Offline Deicidium

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:55 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey,

You´re completly clueless and giving unfair bad marketing to the product. Xim APEX is MILES ahead of XIM 4. The simple fact it responds faster makes it instantly better. And why are you implying that using Sync is bad? I use Default sync myself and it works wonders, no jitter or skipped pixels. Common works well too, but that depends on the game and other settings.

Also yoiu don´t need smoothing if you use Sync options. I still have a XIM4 here with some 3 or 4 beta experimental advanced SA builds (wich are XIM4 at its prime) and I did extensive comparasions between it and xim apex. Xim Apex wins by far. Even with the best possible setup on Xim 4 and the best possible custom firmware, XIm Apex still outperforms it. Not only it responds better, it does what you intend to do and the limitation now are the consoles itself (bad fps and Vsync).

I bet you are one of those guys that had a custom curve that allowed you to have a strong aim assist on some game with XIm 4 and as you can´t replicate that unfair advantage you had on Xim Apex you say Xim 4 was better.

From a PC player perspective, wich is my case as I´m a Quake player, xim apex is the closest ever a console has been from a PC. Now you need to get aiming and mechanical skills, then xim apex will shine.

So by higher response times alone, you can say that Apex is far superior?

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:21 PM - 07/12/18 »
Most xim apex players don’t really play at 1000hz ( 1ms response rate ), you can waste 100$ like i did to find out if there’s any difference between them, it’s up to you :) , i just went back to my xim4, No jitter and pixel skipping at 125hz !!! There aren’t 10000000 million options to adjust your aim !!! they just made it more complex than the Xim4 .. i don’t use any curve btw.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 11:53 PM - 07/12/18 »
Most xim apex players don’t really play at 1000hz ( 1ms response rate ), you can waste 100$ like i did to find out if there’s any difference between them, it’s up to you :) , i just went back to my xim4, No jitter and pixel skipping at 125hz !!! There aren’t 10000000 million options to adjust your aim !!! they just made it more complex than the Xim4 .. i don’t use any curve btw.

I can tell you from our analytics that a majority of XIM APEX users are using 1000Hz. :)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:54 PM - 07/12/18 »

I'd wager most actually do play at 1000hz.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #10 on: 12:04 AM - 07/13/18 »
All the sync options alone made me stay away from the apex I’m happy with my 2 year old xim4

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:24 AM - 07/13/18 »
All the sync options alone made me stay away from the apex I’m happy with my 2 year old xim4

Exatcly !! I’m not a  lifeless person to try all these sync options and smoothing and all polling rates to see which one of them i like, just make it simple like the xim4 or the first xim apex firmware where there’s only “off” sync to use.

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:54 PM - 07/13/18 »
Lifeless? Oh wait but you are "lifeless" enough to buy a 100€ mouse adapter to play console games, yet you are not lifeless to try 3 forms of sync, wich btw are so easy to try and to analyze immediatly wich works best for you. On XIM 4 you had thousands of levels of boost plus steady aim options, yet the synch stuff is a problem for you.

Makes total sense.
And yes 1000hz is way more responsive than 125hz. I did several tests and is night and day difference. Default Sync or Common sync eliminate jitter. Unless... let me guess.. you use 12k DPI like many guys here right? Can only be the reason why you getting jitter. I use 1600dpi and 3200dpi at max and it works wonders.

Don´t blame the product if the problem is you.

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:50 PM - 07/13/18 »
Lifeless? Oh wait but you are "lifeless" enough to buy a 100€ mouse adapter to play console games, yet you are not lifeless to try 3 forms of sync, wich btw are so easy to try and to analyze immediatly wich works best for you. On XIM 4 you had thousands of levels of boost plus steady aim options, yet the synch stuff is a problem for you.

Makes total sense.
And yes 1000hz is way more responsive than 125hz. I did several tests and is night and day difference. Default Sync or Common sync eliminate jitter. Unless... let me guess.. you use 12k DPI like many guys here right? Can only be the reason why you getting jitter. I use 1600dpi and 3200dpi at max and it works wonders.

Don´t blame the product if the problem is you.

When i spent that 100$ there weren't any of these sync options which make the apex more complicated, i don’t have time now to try 12000dpi, 3200dpi, 1000 polling rate, 500 polling rate for each one of common, default, slow, and off. OBsIV made thread called “optimizing your aim” that even moderators don’t believe in that thread, Od1n made some tutorials suggest all new users to the apex to use 3000-4000 dpi and 500hz polling rate while OBsIV suggest all new users to the apex to use 12000dpi and 1000hz polling rate, i mean what a contradiction here :)

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06:57 PM - 07/13/18 »
Is not contradiction, is about personal preferences. Most guys on here prefer 12k DPI. I personally always hated it because no sensor in the world can keep up perfectly at that DPI. I also prefer lower ones like 1600 dpi and 3200 dpi, wich doesn´t mean someone using 12k can´t suceed.

Also if you think that tweaking stuff is boring and annoys you idk how you even use a mouse to aim. Because the mice world has infinite combinations even on PC. Mousepads alone are a whole world. You have the hard pads, plastic or icemat, you have cloth ones with fast no friction or control with more texture. You have some sensors working better on black colour, others working better with colours. Then you have the DPI in each sensor wich makes them behave differently.

Then you have the 3310 sensor known for its very accurate and linear tracking, while the 336x is faster and a bit more responsive but with worse micro adjustements. You can also use AM010 wich is a good combination of both but without being the best at anything. Then each 336x implementation is different, with Logitech one having a bit of deadzone while SteelSeries one (trueMove3) having better diagonal movements. Zowie mice with shapes for everyone that can make you aim better even with a suposely inferior sensor.

I mean there are so many setups, combinations, configs, and everyone is different. Complaining because of 3 sync options makes no sense imo.

If you want max simplicity pick up the controller, use a sens that makes you feel confortable and have fun. Mice world is infinite, even pros try different stuff everyday, so you´re welcome to accept it if you want or just switch input method.