XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM manager not recognizing Xbox controller  (Read 57 times)

Offline dub5084

• View Profile
I am trying to get my XIM apex working with PUBG on an Xbox One. I am using the 3 port hub, but my keyboard which is a Logitech g413 requires two USB ports. The keyboard has a pass through USB port on it which I tried to plug the Xbox controller into. I did not work. No matter what configuration I try, the XIM will not turn white like itís supposed to, indicating that it connected to my devices. XIM manager shows it is recognizing the keyboard and mouse, but not the controller. Also, i tried giving the controller its own dedicated USB port on the hub just to see what would happen, and the XIM manager still would not show the controller emblem at the top. Can someone guide me on how to fix this. Also, I have run a factory reset, and firmware upgrade on the apex, as well as doing a hard reset on the Xbox with no luck. I have also tried different data cables with the Xbox controller, and using different USB ports on the hub.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 08:11 AM - 07/13/18 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM manager not recognizing Xbox controller
« Reply #1 on: 08:45 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey,

could you remove the battery pack from your xbox controller and then connect it directly to the console with one of your data cables?
Does the controller work then? That way we can be sure the controller does indeed work in wired mode and isnt faulty or anything.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline dub5084

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM manager not recognizing Xbox controller
« Reply #2 on: 08:53 PM - 07/12/18 »
Hey thanks for the reply. I got it working. Turns out I just had to swap in a 5th data cable on the controller. The other ones must not be good enough I guess. Seems crazy I could go through so many cables and they all didnít work until the last one. Anyway, I appreciate the quick response.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM manager not recognizing Xbox controller
« Reply #3 on: 09:24 PM - 07/12/18 »
great to hear that it works now :)
yeah some cables can be a hit or miss, 5 cables is kind of extreme though!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum