XIM Community

Macro Question  (Read 71 times)

Offline TrevorV

• View Profile
Macro Question
« on: 11:23 AM - 07/11/18 »
Okay so this might be a dumb question, but I have a crouch peeking macro for fortnite on my computer for PC play and I want to use it on PS4 when I play with my brother. Only problem is that I have a Razer Deathadder and Blackwidow.

With neither of these having onboard memory and my mouse being 5 years old, I was thinking of getting a Logitech G503 so it had the onboard memory, and I can use the macro with my XIM4!

Will the mouse  still “run” the macro, even though it isn’t a Logitech keyboard?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Macro Question
« Reply #1 on: 01:05 PM - 07/11/18 »
Welcome to the community. Where are you placing the macro, on the mouse? If it doesn't matter which keyboard you use, I would assume that it would work without a keyboard as well. Just assign the macro to use keyboard keys that aren't used by your config then assign those keyboard keys to secondary buttons in your config.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TrevorV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:55 PM - 07/11/18 »
Welcome to the community. Where are you placing the macro, on the mouse? If it doesn't matter which keyboard you use, I would assume that it would work without a keyboard as well. Just assign the macro to use keyboard keys that aren't used by your config then assign those keyboard keys to secondary buttons in your config.

The macro will be on Mouse5. It will use 2 keys on the keyboard, will it still actuvate?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:08 PM - 07/11/18 »
it may be cheaper to use xim link instead as you only need a belkin easy transfer cable, you can then run the script through your pc, if you use a xim4 then the software is called xim sandhawc (see xim link subforum for more infos)
another option is to get a titan two that will then run the script

both options allow you to keep your mouse and keyboard
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline TrevorV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:08 PM - 07/11/18 »
Okay, and is there any issues running to through the computer?

Like delays or anything?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:54 PM - 07/11/18 »
you will add around one millisecond of delay when using xim link
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum