XIM Community

Xim4 + PS4 + Elgato setup with Sony Platinum Headphones  (Read 41 times)

Offline Hihater1

• View Profile
Hi,

I recently got an elgato hd60 s and would like to live stream using my ps4 and xim4 setup. I have the elgato chat link cable hooked up, but I've run into the issue of the audio not working in my headphones because the controller's audio port is disabled when it is connected to the xim.

What is the easiest way to get my headphones working with audio and to able to livestream chat audio as well?
I read in another post that a usb soundcard plugged into the playstation might work.

Does anyone have a setup they can share?
Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim4 + PS4 + Elgato setup with Sony Platinum Headphones
« Reply #1 on: 02:18 PM - 07/11/18 »
Hey,

this sounds like you use the old controller from the original playstation, is that correct?
The new slim controllers have a horizontal lightbar at the top of the touchpad and their audio ports work with the xim (so you could use your chat cable)
This will even work with the old playstation, you dont need to have a slim or pro console

getting a cheap usb soundcard can be a hit or miss in terms of quality (potential buzzing for example)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum