XIM Community

Looking at the past to appreciate the present  (Read 109 times)

Offline Edawsiwel

• View Profile
Looking at the past to appreciate the present
« on: 11:23 PM - 07/11/18 »
Recently, it seems there are many more “needy” ximmers out there. Which is cool, I understand that a customer has the right to expect the best from their purchase, to expect to get what is advertised.

That last statement is the rub, what is advertised. We are using a piece of equip that allows us to game with almost any perpheral we want on a console. That is frigging cool. But sometimes we forget that we are limited by game mechanics.

I have only been around since the Edge days, no idea what it was like before that, but I think it would be a wonderful experience for some of these newer needy ximmers to go back, borrow an Edge, and truly see and appreciate what they have in there hands with the apex.

It could be a lot of fun

Setting up bindings and stuff=fun time (sarcasm)
Game play feel compared to apex=dreamy (sarcasm)
Bluetooth dongles, compatible Bluetooth dongles=easy (sarcasm)

It might not be a bad idea for all of the folks that their first xim is an apex or even a XIM4 to sit back and think rationally for a little while at all of the time spent on their new toy, about all of the gamers out there that helped by playing with and giving good feedback about products that are inferior to what’s available now. There is no need to say God bless all of the guys from the really old days, but, remember,

You have it great now. Our Xim now is so much more improved. If you are not satisfied with your product or with how the development progresses, you have the free agency to get a  ripping gaming PC and enjoy the benefits that can only be found there.

Maybe look back at some of the really old stuff here and see what people dealt with in the past, and if you still feel bitter or angry, needy or selfish, than you are beyond help and you should try to game that stress away :)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Re: Looking at the past to appreciate the present
« Reply #1 on: 01:41 AM - 07/12/18 »
Yes and I am on the same boat as you, in terms of experience.

How would you like to be a Youtube streamer who is a widow main, who uses a Xim4, gets used to Expo ramp... Then we find a brand new revolutionary way to play in linear ramp, make our own settings using CCC and find a better way to enjoy our game...

Then we try to support XIM for this awesome device (and i say that non sarcastically, i agree that having this technology kicks @#$%) and you learn that your setting is gone... So you have to completely readjust your aim.  So imagine doing all of that, readjusting your aim, and then having the mods introduce WA too many different kinds of ST's/Xim managers. Now I'm forced to ask myself stupid questions weekly/monthly:

Heres my thought process throughout the updates/ownership of my Xim Apex:

(during ex1): Hey this is pretty cool. I'm missing a lot, but I will get used to it. I'll make posts explaining to the mods that my perfomance has decreased significantly. (Mist tells me that its my Televisions fault and not my Apex)

New update. Was I supposed to put my boost to 1? 2? 3? 4? Why cant I use EX1? Why cant I log into my Apex without updating it when I have settings that I finally got used to? 

New update. Now I have to figure out how to use SYNC.  Thats fine... Ill look at forums.  Perfect, I'm supposed to use Common. 

Common feels terrible, I'll go look at forums... Hmmm everyone else hates common and says turn Sync off. Let me go tell everyone to turn sync on..

*logs into xim forums and reads mods comments* ; "Common sync is fine, literally every single person complaining are making unfounded claims."

It shouldnt be this difficult to play a freaking game. And if you, the mods, don't play the game, can you understand our frustration??????????????????????????????? we ask and we keep getting told we are wrong!!!!!!!!!

Offline MRog40

• MVP
  • FPS games are 10% Aim and 90% positioning
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MRog40
« Reply #2 on: 07:36 AM - 07/12/18 »
New update. Now I have to figure out how to use SYNC.
Or, don't. Advanced settings aren't mandatory.

Make settings and use them. Stop updating firmware. Play the game and get better. Adapt.

I too liked Ex1 a lot, and was disappointed by some of the updates. It took a long time to get used to Apex, and I still think sometimes that I would be better with my Xim4 back, but that doesn't matter, because here I am using an awesome product that is the best one on the market.

If you want to play the Xim4 way, wait for the linear CCC back, turn the apex to 125Hz, and run wild.
Xim Apex | PS4 | PC | G502 | Corsair K65 LUX RGB | C24FG70 | Astro A40 TR | QcK XXL

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 07:46 AM - 07/12/18 »
No one is telling you that you are wrong. What we'd like you to appreciate is that you aren't the common case and to accommodate the play style for someone like you takes careful care as to not make to more difficult for everyone else. That's the challenge. Edawsiwel is pointing out that the project has come a long way which is exactly right. We take all feedback seriously but its always a delicate balance.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #4 on: 08:46 AM - 07/12/18 »
No one is telling you that you are wrong. What we'd like you to appreciate is that you aren't the common case and to accommodate the play style for someone like you takes careful care as to not make to more difficult for everyone else. That's the challenge. Edawsiwel is pointing out that the project has come a long way which is exactly right. We take all feedback seriously but its always a delicate balance.

How am I one of the few if literally everyone is complaining.  Even this guy said he was disappointed too!! I’m loyal like all these guys are but too an extent

Once u start ducking up and ALSO start ignoring us is when I draw the line   I purchased my apex almost 7 months ago. I want results

And yeah I can turn off expert mode. Yet another downgrade I’m beinf asked to make to make my game operational

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:50 AM - 07/12/18 »
Recently, it seems there are many more “needy” ximmers out there. Which is cool, I understand that a customer has the right to expect the best from their purchase, to expect to get what is advertised.

That last statement is the rub, what is advertised. We are using a piece of equip that allows us to game with almost any perpheral we want on a console. That is frigging cool. But sometimes we forget that we are limited by game mechanics.

I have only been around since the Edge days, no idea what it was like before that, but I think it would be a wonderful experience for some of these newer needy ximmers to go back, borrow an Edge, and truly see and appreciate what they have in there hands with the apex.

It could be a lot of fun

Setting up bindings and stuff=fun time (sarcasm)
Game play feel compared to apex=dreamy (sarcasm)
Bluetooth dongles, compatible Bluetooth dongles=easy (sarcasm)

It might not be a bad idea for all of the folks that their first xim is an apex or even a XIM4 to sit back and think rationally for a little while at all of the time spent on their new toy, about all of the gamers out there that helped by playing with and giving good feedback about products that are inferior to what’s available now. There is no need to say God bless all of the guys from the really old days, but, remember,

You have it great now. Our Xim now is so much more improved. If you are not satisfied with your product or with how the development progresses, you have the free agency to get a  ripping gaming PC and enjoy the benefits that can only be found there.

Maybe look back at some of the really old stuff here and see what people dealt with in the past, and if you still feel bitter or angry, needy or selfish, than you are beyond help and you should try to game that stress away :)

All derailing troll posts aside...

I've been around since I found instructions to build a XIM1. Yeah, we had to solder and splice that little booger together. I've still got mine with it's cute little cardboard enclosure that I built for it.

Resistance multiplayer headshots for days, son!!! When I found that, I thought it was the most awesome invention ever created. Compared to what we have now, it probably plays like *ss. But holy crap. Even back then, I knew it wasn't terribly accurate. But I was still way more accurate with it than with a controller. FPS's are meant to be played with a KB/M, in my opinion.

I skipped a few iterations and jumped back in with an Edge when my friends started playing BO2. Soooo, now I have to look up my commonly used weapons' (and attachment combinations) ADS delay?? Ok, cool. Still better than a controller. Knowing it was a game mechanic, there was no need to stamp my feet about how OBsIV needs to fix it on his end.

The updates change the game and we have to roll with those punches. Borderlands 2 look mechanic has sucked big fat donkey bowls. It always has and always will, on console. It was to a point where I would pretty much only be able to play Borderlands unless I wanted to go through the awkward relearning of aiming for about half an hour each time I started/returned.

Edge, 4, Apex... each one has new bells and whistles. Each one has weaknesses.

Because they're all just a hack. They're all a tool that some clever *ssholes created because they would rather play a game a different way than the creator had intended.

And that's groovy with me. I appreciate all the work that these folks have put into the tools that they send our way.

sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol