XIM Community

I hate my Xim Apex for Overwatch, and I don't like the moderators anymore.  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
I can provide proof easily about swat lying. Look at any of the last videos heís made for last 3 weeks. When anyone asked for his settings he ignores them. But u and him have long conversations!!!

He doesnít use sync. His settings are literally 1/4 the amount of sensitivity he claims to use.  He doesnít use the aaw window he states.   Iím jis last video he even talks about how he wants his xim4 back too so

Idk man no matter what I say ur just gunna say Iím wrong

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Salty would you please just stop. The issue here is that you think that you are you are the majority case and thus validated and right whereas you are not. As I said before, you don't know the numbers of XIMs out there but I can assure you that the voices here talking about this specific issue pails in comparison to that number. You need to understand that the features you are asking for are for a very limited audience. I know you don't believe that, but, the world you are talking about is small. Does that mean we don't want to accommodate that audience -- no. But we want to be careful when we do. So, we are adding new translators just for that reason that we are trying to hide as to not confuse the majority. We think we have a plan for that and await feedback on these new translators.

So, in summary, download the new translators that come out over the next day or two, create a new Config using "Generic Alpha" and create a curve with the 1st position set to around 9, change Overwatch to Linear. That's it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
So, in summary, download the new translators that come out over the next day or two, create a new Config using "Generic Alpha" and create a curve with the 1st position set to around 9, change Overwatch to Linear. That's it.

Thank you. Hopefully we can finally put an end to the endless and unhelpful posts that are currently being made.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
lots of talk, no action.

and i guarantee that I am the majority. If you can't find anyone satisfied with your product, but there are MANY MANY posts, and many people replying to this thread that we are on, stating that they are unsatisfied... then I dont think its farfetched to assume that you guys did not deliver on your product

There are almost 10 people in this post now that have said they use their x4, they are unhappy, want linear back, etc.

I'm not going to dispute my behavior or attitude. I know I'm unhappy and pissed off.

I'll stop replying, though, because it is moot. You may think you have won this little squabble, but everyone whos in my boat (and I promise there are a lot of us), is going to read this, and all they will think is two things ;

One, salty is an @#$%, which I already know

and two, we're kinda @#$% unless you give us back our linear settings, and you guys seem noncommittal at best about bringing that feature back. Thankfully this post started the discussion again, because if I didnt make this post, you guys would go back to ignoring our requests!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
and you guys seem noncommittal at best about bringing that feature back

Are you saying that the release of the new translators this week (one of which is the CCC ST) is not bringing the feature back? If that's not bringing the feature back, then, there is a massive miscommunication issue going on here.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
and you guys seem noncommittal at best about bringing that feature back

Are you saying that the release of the new translators this week (one of which is the CCC ST) is not bringing the feature back? If that's not bringing the feature back, then, there is a massive miscommunication issue going on here.

then you receive a sincere thank you from my part. i apologize that i had to act the way that i did, but in my eyes, there was seemingly no other option when I feel many of us were ignored.

when you drop the settings, i will play around with them like crazy and let everyone know what i think.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
For the record, these Generic translators we are talking about here have existed for the last 9 months. We anticipated the need for them one day and mist crafted 5 based on observed trends of aiming systems. They were never released because it wasn't yet apparent if they were needed compared to potential confusion that could create. I do expect the support burden on here to increase because of them.

Offline wicked96ta

• MVP
    • View Profile
For the record, these Generic translators we are talking about here have existed for the last 9 months. We anticipated the need for them one day and mist crafted 5 based on observed trends of aiming systems. They were never released because it wasn't yet apparent if they were needed compared to potential confusion that could create. I do expect the support burden on here to increase because of them.

That's why you need to make an announcement stating that if you use those generic ST's then don't expect as much, or any, support like the kind you guys give for official ST's.
Xbox One X PS
XIM Apex
Logitech G502 12k DPI @ 1000Hz
Koolertron Gateron Black Switches
Zowie P-SR
Acer GN246HL
Astro Mixamp (first gen)
Sennheiser PC37X

Offline Emanuel

• View Profile
Idk if you guys aware but Blizzard messed up the Overwatch console mechanics on purpose so people have a hard time using a mouse and Aim Assist specifically.

All I see on XIM forums lately are cry babies wanting overpowered curves or setups to have maximum aim assist and have an edge over everyone else. It wasnīt like this before. XIM Apex is the best console mouse adapter ever to existance. It gives you more control than ever on the mouse and it is a paradise for no aim assist users as it is the closest possible experience to PC, ever.

If you are not happy with this product and you want maximum aim assist, practice with the controller and get good. Xim APEX is the result of years of feedback given to Obsiv and is an almost perfect product. And it will be even better on next gen consoles wich will support 120hz refresh rate (so half input lag).

This product is not intended for you to have an absolute edge over every controller user. It is not suppose for you to control a right stick with your whole hand, instead of your thumb, and still enjoying the high controller aim assist mechancis. This product was always meant to replicate the kind of input and experience you have on PC. XIm Apex did it better than everything else at this point. Learn to aim by yourself or @#$%. Stop crying. Pick up the controller and practice it, then you have perfect AA.

Offline Vezaeer

• View Profile
"And it will be even better on next gen consoles wich will support 120hz refresh rate (so half input lag)."

Very good news it will be compatible with next gen consoles, wasn't aware of it
OBsIV if everything is ready can you try to implement it before the H1Z1 update ?
Don't know much about how it works but if it requires a longer time I can wait

Offline gruszkad

• View Profile
Idk if you guys aware but Blizzard messed up the Overwatch console mechanics on purpose so people have a hard time using a mouse and Aim Assist specifically.

Is this true? Do you have a reference or Blizz post? I have been using XIM Apex for the past 1.5 seasons and it has been working flawlessly. They definitely changed something in this last patch to make it not work. I have been doing rigorous testing to figure out what causes it and it seems to be when frame rates drop, closely packed levels / enemies. It never happens in spawn w/ friendly teammates. It is an intermittent problem. But yeah the aim gets all erratic and floaty, it doesn't map correctly.

I even bought another mouse, tried each polling rate, various DPIs, AA on, AA fully off, sync on, sync off, hard reset of Xbox. I have been testing continuously the past week, no luck. It still happens randomly, some times worse than others.

Would love for XIM APEX developers to do some further testing and analysis because as it stands now, it is highly unusable on XBox with Overwatch.

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
Blizzard didn't do anything to mess with XIM users. That's an absurd statement to make without any proof. If they did, then they are affecting controller users the same as anyone else. Go on the console overwatch subreddit and you will see people who use controllers having the same issues.
i5-4690k | GTX 1070 | ASUS VG248QE | CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Zowie FK1 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 BO3 Edition | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
Blizzard didn't do anything to mess with XIM users. That's an absurd statement to make without any proof. If they did, then they are affecting controller users the same as anyone else. Go on the console overwatch subreddit and you will see people who use controllers having the same issues.

Mist, Ob, whoever, this is an important thing to note.

I keep hearing this complaint from XIM Apex users, but their issues aren't anything like the issues I am facing. Interestingly enough, I have only heard these specific complaints from Xbox 1 users. Interestingly enough, every person who complains about this has said that a hard reset of their xBox fixed the issue for a few hours. 

My complaints are that your version of Exponential ramp has never felt truly linear to me, and I feel like there is something fundamentally wrong with the Apex vs Xim4, where my crosshair literally cant break the AA bubble, no matter what I tweak. I have found a lot of success recently breaking the bubble with extremely high sens, AAW and DPI. I do not experience this extreme opposite magnetism effect that these guys are describing.  Mine just feels uncomfortable, compared to other games, where i usually just break the aim assist bubble and find myself locked into the enemy's head.

And oddly enough, if you try to do your settings that you suggested (30 AAW, 4k DPI), it honestly feels like there is no aim assist at all. Aim assist just reacted so much cleaner through CCC, I dont know why. I feel like it felt more linear and 1:1. I know you guys made the expo ST to feel linear, but its just a common "complaint", and i say complaint in quotes because a lot of people like your Expo ST because it works well for specific characters.

I do wonder if Blizzard is @#$% with us, though.  They mentioned that they kind of would in the past, and it totally seems like a Blizzard move to mess with us secretly to break our morale and move to another game

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile

As a "Non Mod" I can confirm this to be true. As could several other Alpha Testers in here.
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
The Generic translators have been released. Again, for Overwatch Linear, choose Generic Alpha and move the first position on the curve to 9 and go from there.